4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and effective sat nav
I picked up one of these in a blowout deal at a local retailer, I also got the home charger and case included
The reason I looked at this model was despite newer Nuvi models being out there, this Garmin is a bit older, BUT it has a few extra bits included that the updated entry models don't

Bluetooth is one (tested it and it works just fine, you pair up...
Published 4 months ago by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars needs a shake up
As a professional driver i thought it time to replace my old Tom Tom as it was showing it's age. The first thing i did when i got the Garmin was to update it with the "latest" maps.
Published on 18 May 2012 by H. Meikle

3.0 out of 5 stars needs a shake up, 18 May 2012
H. Meikle - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin nuvi 2515 5" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps and Bluetooth (Electronics)
At first it seemed exactly what i wanted,spoken street names etc, then i started to notice things like the largest church in the area was totally ignored. This i thought i could live with but when i found out a 5 mile stretch of motorway nearby was according to Garmin, non existant, I came to the conclusion that in a less familiar area i would always have doubts about the accuracy of the unit, therefore i had no choice but to return it.
The GPS unit itself seems to operate just fine, it's let down by it's software,it's certainly not as accurate or up to date as it should be, i think i'll be going back to Tom Tom.
I am only giving it three stars because the whole idea of a sat nav is to get you to unfamiliar places, and you must expect to have a reasonable degree of trust in the unit's accuracy, and Garmin's unit fails to do that for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and effective sat nav, 15 Mar 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

Bluetooth is one (tested it and it works just fine, you pair up devices and they work great and saves the need to buy another bluetooh device)
Eco driving, this monitors the braking and acceleration, and fuel economy (and you can set these values including fuel cost) This seems like a gimmick, but I honestly find it does encourage better driving and fuel efficiency
The search function is more advanced than the entry models
You can use the FM lead to get traffic updates (it's compatible with that) but doesn't come included in the box (I don't bother myself)

I've been updating the maps and software frequently (I have lifetime UK and ROI maps) Garmin are quite good with this, but as others note it does take some time for newer roads to appear on the updates. Software wise Garmin have been updating this with firmware and other fixes, I've mostly found the Sat Nav to be reliable and with decent routing (previous RAC model was great at sending you down small country lanes)

Of most use is the ability to find points of interest, be it a hotel, petrol station, shopping areas or even a local Cafe! Most handy as you can roam around and quickly search for these. This model does have audible alerts for safety cameras and speed limits (you can turn this off if you want)

To date it's been a reliable unit, very few issues to note. I do find the newer Garmin entry models lacking the advanced search and with less features (that I find useful) so I do recommend this model based on that alone. Grab yourself a bargain Sat Nav

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited software / configuration., 27 Aug 2012
I am certainly not a "boy racer" and consider myself a responsible and considerate driver. But after receiving another speeding penalty a friend said I should try fitting a sat nav, so that it will warn me when my speed creeps over the limit.

I have tried Tom Tom and found them "Ok" and hoped that Garmin would be better. But this one certainly isn't.
Plus points: -
*2515 LM has "life time maps".
*Nice size screen and touch screen.
*Good suction cup.
*Good power lead connection.
*Searches are fast.
*No annoying voice when you make a wrong turn.

Negative points: -
*When exceeding the speed limit, the Garmin 2515 does not sound an alarm. The only alert is that your current speed turns from black to red. Couldn't this be an optional setting?
*No option to direct the journey. For example, on a recent trip I wanted to go from Corby to Gatwick via A1. Despite downloading and printing out the manual, I could not work out how to plan that into the device. It kept trying to get me onto the M1. I re-started the route search a number of times, looking for a point to enter "Via <enter place name>" but there was nothing.
*A street near to my home is incorrectly named. Which makes me think "What else is wrong?"

Summary: -
Good hardware but basic software will "drive" you crazy!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want a sat nav buy this, 8 Jun 2013
I was bought this by a friend and really like it. Consequently when a friend asked about what sat nav to get I got them this ! I have other garmin products and all seem to do exactly what it says on the tin. The maps are clear, instructions good and the search facility is superior to some in-car systems I have used. It is excellent valus for money. I would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter sat nav, 5 Jun 2013
Chris g (Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought one of these for my wife & it's a delight to use...
So unlike the overated (and over expensive) Tom tom I have for works use.

Don't believe all the reviews on here, it gets far better ratings on other web-sites.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 13 May 2014
curtis sonny (Grimsby,UK) - See all my reviews
this arrived on time and found easy to use interface. my partner is the one that uses it really. Did not appreciate the flat disc base which not very sticky. Need to get additional sturdy base.

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly horrendous, avoid like the plague., 10 Sep 2012
D. GILLETT "Dave G" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I drive for a living (Ford Luton Box Van) so having a good reliable sat nav is obviously a good thing to have.

This brand new & upto date Garmin 2515 sat nav replaced a 5 year old tom tom, the good points: it looks nice & the split screen display on the approach to motorway junctions is brilliant

Before reading this, please bear in mind that other Amazon reviewers have found this device frustrating, and that I know of other's who are equally frustrated.

Here's what I think, given that I paid 120 for the sat nav & having used it over 20 times (I haven't just used it once and decided I did'nt like it), I have genuinely tried to get on with it & have given it the benefit of the doubt, many times;

Life time updates are slow & a gimmick, tied to one pc only & given how smart phones have become will sat nav's be around in 3 years time ?.
Garmin takes a week to respond to any questions, if you should actually be able to manage to send them a message/query in the first place.
Do 2 journeys with exactly the same a to b with no changes and it'll send you 2 different routes, my 5 year old tom tom uses the same route.
No low bridge avoidance option (every avoidance but).
Digitized sounding voice, not natural like a tomtom.
Gtm (fancy in car charger with traffic updates), are VERY expensive (50), and when it works very hit or miss (unreliable).
The Manual is very poor, and if you should print the proper one off, don't, it's dire and smart phone link orientated.
Arrive in: .mi is the distance despite being down as distance in the configuration.
Very poor speed camera notification (easily missed) & not clear cut (like a tomtom's speed camera warning is).
Annoying elevation & NWSE tags on dashboard that are always present upon boot up (despite being removed countless times).
Poor/limited dashboard information (not very informative).
The Sat Nav went into sleep mode midway during a long journey, which can be un-nerving.
The cradle keeps falling off the windscreen, 3 times during one journey, despite being well stuck down.

To highlight just how poor this satnav is, here's 2 examples of why I find it so frustrating; 3 long distance journey's were undertaken within the space of 2 weeks, 2 were taken with the Garmin & the other with my un-updated 5 year old tomtom, for the garmin the return routes were totally different to the outbound legs even though the starting & finishing spot was the same, whereas the tom tom used the same routes ?.

While driving towards shepton mallet in a national speed limit zone and with the sat nav clearly displaying the legal limit of 60, while at the same time the 30mph
red mobile speed camera warning was displayed along with the annoying audible warning, the fact that the sat nav recognised it was a 60mph stretch rules out a missed update.

In a nut shell if you have ever used a tomtom, you would find this garmin deeply annoying, frustrating & heavily flawed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 2515lm UK & Ireland, 16 May 2013
Bought this to replace my Garmin 2300 sat nav as it was now 2 years old and as the map updates are expensive. Got this unit for 89.99 with lifetime map updates almost at the same cost for lifetime maps for my 2300. As I live in Northern Ireland Garmin is the prime choice providing better maps than Tomtom.

I like the big screen and the bluetooth for my smartphone with onscreen phone menu that works well. The audio book feature is good too and there is a micro sd card slot to upgrade the memory if required. I also like the way it comes on immediately when the ignition is switched on and not having to wait for the unit to boot up, a nice feature.

Some of the features I liked on the 2300 are missing, like the side info bar that gives 4 different options, arrival time + current time + compass + distance travelled etc. One good thing that is missing is the annoying "recalculating", voice :)

Overall a good unit with some nice features but also with some missing. Oh and traffic apparently only works on the main land and not in N. Ireland! Still very good for the price paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 2 Jun 2013
R. Edwards (wales uk) - See all my reviews
I did not know how much out of date my old sat nav was until I started using my new garmin 2515

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor software, 21 Mar 2013
Having previously owned a Garmin satnav for a boat, I thought a Garmin for my car would provide equally good service, having never owned one before. I was wrong! The software is useless. I regularly travel form my home to a destination 180 miles away. It does not recognise my home address at all (built 20 years ago) and takes me into a farmyard at my destination! Both are correct on AA route map, google, OS etc. I have submitted the errors through the correct channels but to date neither have been updated. I have found a number of other errors in the software and the verbal long winded description of road numbers is most annoying. I wrote to Garmin expressing my concerns but have not had the courtesy of a reply as yet. Very disappointed. The hardware is OK but if it is unable to take you to a destination, its not really much use.