4.0 out of 5 stars A sense of direction
I am pretty dim in many ways, but perhaps most of all in relation to technology.I was very concerned that I would not be able to get this product working.My concerns were justified when the blasted thing would'nt work at all and I sent it back.
The next one arrived and hey presto it worked.
It is actually as near as you can get idiot proof.Trust me ,I am that...
Published on 25 May 2012 by rabbirae

3.0 out of 5 stars OKAY - BUT COMPLEX GARMIN SYSTEM LETS IT DOWN
Published on 11 Mar. 2013 by FRANKL FAN

4.0 out of 5 stars A sense of direction, 25 May 2012
This review is from: Garmin nuvi 2455 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps (Electronics)
The next one arrived and hey presto it worked.
It is actually as near as you can get idiot proof.Trust me ,I am that technology idiot.It is easy to use and it gets you where you need to be.I've used it to get me around the north of Enland and the Scottish borders and I never got lost which is a first.
I bought it to take on a driving holiday to Latvia and Lithuania which should prove to be a sterner test for the device.I will edit this review and let you know how it performs in the Baltic states in a couple of months.I am pleased with the product, the first one was just duff and there was no problem with the exchange.
This will give you a sense of direction in your life.Don't just drift around aimlessly get a Garmin.
Update
Worked really well in Lithuania and Latvia.
We got lost in Vilnius but that is because of the one way system which is mightily confusing. Worked also in Spain.It is dead straightforward to use.
Best wishes customers.

3.0 out of 5 stars OKAY - BUT COMPLEX GARMIN SYSTEM LETS IT DOWN, 11 Mar. 2013
FRANKL FAN (High Wycombe UK) - See all my reviews
I've now got three Garmins (too many cars!) and I bought this one to use with a 1950's classic car, that I don't want to use too much on the motorway. This model can be set to automatically select non-motorway routes and seems to do the job very well. Good signage for fixed and mobile speed cameras and the usual good audio warning from Garmin, which allows you to keep your eye on the road, while hearing if you're over the speed limit in a camera zone. I'm taking it to France soon, so will add further comments when I've checked it out there. It's supposed to give you "legal" camera danger zone signals and I'll see how that goes and how the routing goes in France. My first Garmin, a few years ago, was hopeless for logical routes in France, but I'm hoping this will now have been improved.

EDIT 22/05/13 Well, I've had this thing for about three months, and it's a long time since I tore my hair out like this! We took this little beastie to France, only to discover that the French map doesn't exist! So, luckily we knew our way pretty much (800 miles!) and managed to do it without a sat nav (or maps!) Funnily enough, we left it plugged in during the journey and it told us each time we entered a "danger zone" for speed cameras, but all it said was "you're heading south" or - on the way back - "you're heading north". I've been round the block so much with the hopeless Garmin "help" system that I just about give up. I've just sent them an email (finally the Garmin system let me do that, rather than keep offering "have you tried?" suggestions). I'll re-edit this if they manage to fix it. BUT - no one should have to go through this farce in this day and age. Customer service - Pa! One Star!

EDIT 23/05/13 I had email feedback within 24 hours from Garmin and I must say they were very professional. After three exchanges of emails I managed to get the Europe maps onto my device. For all of that I will re-grade this device to three stars. In one of the emails Garmin did say that they have a problem with "future-proofing" of the Nuvi devices. Effectively, they work best when fitted with a micro SD card, to give more room for big maps. I had fitted one already, but when I finally got the Europe map to migrate to my device, it turned out there was enough spare space anyway. I would say (viz some of the other comments about problems with updates) that the Garmin system is okay if you know your way around computers, but - shall we say - I wouldn't give this to my elderly aunt! I'm still appalled that a tech company can call a device UK and Europe and then to have all these problems to get the Europe bit to download and install. It all reminds me of the early days (the 80's) of personal computers when you had to write your own code to get a laser printer to give you an A4 page of text. The world has moved on to plug-and-play but Garmin doesn't seem to have caught up with that yet. It's a shame, as when this device is working, it works well. But I can't give it more than three stars due to the need to be a bit of a techie to get it working properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 12 Mar. 2013
Only used it a couple of times and works well. Need to download and print manual so to get the best out of it.