4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2415
Maps are well detailed and the split screen that automatically appears at mototway junctions is very helpful but it's a pity this was not extended to cover all the main road junctions rather than just the motorways.
I Found the voice a bit "tinny" which I guess is due to the small speaker inside the unit.
Easy enough to set up and a free map update is available...
Published on 17 April 2012 by I. D. coulter

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2415
At first I was well impressed with this SatNav. Easy to use and set up.
After the second day of using it the speech was garbled and the unit kept switching off. I sent the unit back and within 3 day's I had a replacement sent out.
Published on 1 Nov 2012 by Bertrum

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2415, 17 April 2012
I. D. coulter (England) - See all my reviews
Easy enough to set up and a free map update is available during the first 3 months of ownership, this update can ONLY be done using windows so if you only have LINUX then forget it.
A Great thing for me was the ability to switch off the camera speed warning buzzer via the menu, the alert messages still show but without the sound but the voice directions are still active.
The unit is easy to set up and use, in summary it's a fair price for what you get.

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2415, 1 Nov 2012
At first I was well impressed with this SatNav. Easy to use and set up.
The replacement lasted about an hour then it lost the GPS signal! I emailed Garmin for help and they sent me instructions on how to fix it, it wasn't just a case of switching 'Demo mode' off by the way.
Guess what? this unit kept switching off even though auto time out was set to never.
I managed to have the patience of going through several re-sets untill it started working again.
I have been using the SatNav for just over a week and so far all is ok. Would I buy another one?
Nope.

5.0 out of 5 stars stressless, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: Garmin Nuvi 2415LT 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps and Lifetime Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth (Electronics)
I have a poor memory when using maps. This satnav has, so far, been very accurate in directions. Hasn't taken me "round the houses" as my last one did. Well worth the money as far as I'm concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was an excellent upgrade, 12 Mar 2013
Bought this to upgrade my older one and am glad I did. Great product as I know the workings of gar in and this was exactly same and very simple to understand. Great little extra with the real time pictures when coming off a slip way off motorways. Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD, BUT...., 11 Oct 2012
FRANKL FAN (High Wycombe UK) - See all my reviews
We now have three Sat Navs in the family. Our trusty Snooper Indago (was just an Indago before they became part of Snooper) continues to do excellent work, even after many years. We bought another Garmin a few years ago that was okay for local journeys, except if it took you on a longer journey that involved a motorway, it tended to take you off at junctions and then back on at the same junction. Weird or what?

I wasn't sure whether this would be better than the last Garmin, but for the three months we've had it it does seem to have a much better screen layout than the last one. For instance, the camera warning text is now readable with the naked eye! Also, it took me up the M40 to Birmingham without any detours off the motorway.

However..... it stopped working one day about two weeks ago. I contacted customer support and they quickly came back to me with a suggestion for doing a factory reset. This didn't work (the whole thing is completely dead), so they've agreed to take it back for repair.

I'm giving it four stars, rather than five, simply because it stopped working when it was just outside the 90 days for Amazon to deal with it themselves.

If I have any further problems I'll edit this review. In the meantime, five stars for a good piece of kit for the money, but minus one star for failure after three months.

EPILOGUE
Well the Garmin was fixed okay and in a relatively short time. BUT... they entered my address wrong on the courier documents, so UPS tried to deliver it to a non-existent house three times! (Our road only has house names, but the Garmin addressing system decided we lived at Number 2! A little worrying for a sat nav company!) After a couple of phone calls and lengthy explanations, Garmin finally found where it was and had it re-shipped with my correct address. I'll stick with four stars, as the piece of kit does what it says on the tin, but the problems with getting the item back from Garmin do leave a lot to be desired....

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good buy, 3 Feb 2013
Bought as a present to help my wife get around rural villages and bizarre teenager request for collection. Reports back it's fantastic, clear instructions and very good built in hands free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says...., 1 July 2013
Gets you from A to B without getting lost
Would recommend it....
Only niggles are inputting addresses, it tries to too hard to guess where you want to go, but that might be me getting used to it.
I've found it to be quick at recalculating route changes on the move.
So far it has done the job, I particularly like the option of running the route first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 21 May 2013
N. Lineham "swift nick" (Tiverton, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter who is away starting a nursing degree. Needed to find places while on placement. We've used a Garmin before so were more than happy to order this one. It "does exactly what it says on the tin" - she's happy, and so are we. Would definitely recomend this product - super price too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good features, 21 April 2013
I bought this sat nav because I started a job in a new area that involves visiting people's own homes, and so far it hasn't let me down. I like the feature where it shows you where to go at junctions of motorways. It chooses sensible routes and alters them dependent on the direction you drive. It is not aware of any travel updates. It is good for finding places of interest in a town, or parking near places. It responds better to postcodes than addresses, but this is ok for what I use it for. I am very pleased with this sat nav.

5.0 out of 5 stars Show Me The Way, 6 Dec 2013
Mr. Luke B. Cunningham (Hove) - See all my reviews
I will start by saying this is my 3rd garmin sat nav as I like to upgrade them more than often.
I really like this upgrade. The touchscreen has had much improvements and is much easier to use than to older models. It's a great size to see whilst driving and not to big that it gets distracting. Garmins are very user friendly and are just a ease to use and makes life simple without the stress of trying to find where to go using a map!!

It has great features like petrol stations show up on the map whilst driving and other restaurants etc and you could just click on that store and it would show you the details.
The lane guidance is a great and can help when you get a busy motorway and get confused of which lane to be in.
I love it and might stay with this one for a long time.

Also a great little feature you can use your own voice as the navigator which is programmed through a PC, takes a long time but is worth it. But after listening to your voice for a long time can get annoying.

Totally worthy of all 5 stars.