5.0 out of 5 stars stressless
I have a poor memory when using maps. This satnav has, so far, been very accurate in directions. Hasn't taken me "round the houses" as my last one did. Well worth the money as far as I'm concerned.
Published 19 months ago by harry69

2.0 out of 5 stars Replaced my very old out of date Garmin
Published 5 months ago by Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars stressless, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: Garmin Nuvi 2415LT 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps and Lifetime Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Was an excellent upgrade, 12 Mar 2013
Bought this to upgrade my older one and am glad I did. Great product as I know the workings of gar in and this was exactly same and very simple to understand. Great little extra with the real time pictures when coming off a slip way off motorways. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Show Me The Way, 6 Dec 2013
Mr. Luke B. Cunningham (Hove) - See all my reviews
I will start by saying this is my 3rd garmin sat nav as I like to upgrade them more than often.
I really like this upgrade. The touchscreen has had much improvements and is much easier to use than to older models. It's a great size to see whilst driving and not to big that it gets distracting. Garmins are very user friendly and are just a ease to use and makes life simple without the stress of trying to find where to go using a map!!

It has great features like petrol stations show up on the map whilst driving and other restaurants etc and you could just click on that store and it would show you the details.
The lane guidance is a great and can help when you get a busy motorway and get confused of which lane to be in.
I love it and might stay with this one for a long time.

Also a great little feature you can use your own voice as the navigator which is programmed through a PC, takes a long time but is worth it. But after listening to your voice for a long time can get annoying.

Totally worthy of all 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD, BUT...., 11 Oct 2012
FRANKL FAN (High Wycombe UK) - See all my reviews
We now have three Sat Navs in the family. Our trusty Snooper Indago (was just an Indago before they became part of Snooper) continues to do excellent work, even after many years. We bought another Garmin a few years ago that was okay for local journeys, except if it took you on a longer journey that involved a motorway, it tended to take you off at junctions and then back on at the same junction. Weird or what?

I wasn't sure whether this would be better than the last Garmin, but for the three months we've had it it does seem to have a much better screen layout than the last one. For instance, the camera warning text is now readable with the naked eye! Also, it took me up the M40 to Birmingham without any detours off the motorway.

However..... it stopped working one day about two weeks ago. I contacted customer support and they quickly came back to me with a suggestion for doing a factory reset. This didn't work (the whole thing is completely dead), so they've agreed to take it back for repair.

I'm giving it four stars, rather than five, simply because it stopped working when it was just outside the 90 days for Amazon to deal with it themselves.

If I have any further problems I'll edit this review. In the meantime, five stars for a good piece of kit for the money, but minus one star for failure after three months.

EPILOGUE
Well the Garmin was fixed okay and in a relatively short time. BUT... they entered my address wrong on the courier documents, so UPS tried to deliver it to a non-existent house three times! (Our road only has house names, but the Garmin addressing system decided we lived at Number 2! A little worrying for a sat nav company!) After a couple of phone calls and lengthy explanations, Garmin finally found where it was and had it re-shipped with my correct address. I'll stick with four stars, as the piece of kit does what it says on the tin, but the problems with getting the item back from Garmin do leave a lot to be desired....

2.0 out of 5 stars Replaced my very old out of date Garmin, 15 Jan 2014
Lee (Oxfordshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
I bought this as it was on offer. I bought it purely to replace my old Garmin which I was very happy with. The only reason I decided to upgrade was because I know newer ones are a lot faster in finding satelites. The battery in my old was was also pretty shot. I could no longer get map updates for it without paying for them which I wasn't impressed with. My old Garmin was not aware of many new roads so for many journeys I was making, it appeared I was driving in a field and the device was having a heart attack all the time telling me to turn around.

I do not like this device at all and I will no longer buy a Garmin. The reasons:

1. Incorrect maps.
The new roads are on it, but road names wrong or not there.
Speed notifications for roads incorrect. Numerous times I am on a 30 and it tells me it's 60
Road names in the wrong language when using English
Routes taking me through a road that doesn't, and has never existed. ie. it was trying to take me through a 10th century churchyard.

2. The annoying beeping all the time telling me I may be a fraction over the speed limit. I couldn't find a way to turn this beeping off without having the thing on permanent mute.

3. Poor routing
See churchyard experience
Still attempting to take me off a very busy A road through a turning that hasn't been there in over 10 years.
Does not pick very obvious routes
Still attempts to get me back on a motorway despite my coming off it and wanting to stay off it and won't reroute very well. You press detour and it only puts you back on the same motorway on the next junction which it no use at all. I just want OFF a road altogether

4. Screen not as big as my last device

In general I want the ability to configure what appears on my screen. I hate driving along a motorway and it saying that the next "thing" it has to tell me about is in, say, 28 miles when I know that in 28 miles I will simply be staying on that motorway and all satnav is telling me is not to come off, which I wasn't going to do in the first place. I'd like to see miles to destination. I'd like a button that says "Get me off this road". I'd like to be able to tell it to shut up complaining about my choice of speed. I don't need any criticism when I'm driving, just do your job and get me there. I'll choose how fast we'll get there. I'd love an option that says "Shut up until this point in the journey" and be presented with its list of way points where I can choose when it starts piping up and telling me where I need to drive.

I'd like a better manual that explains the whole device. I have the FM receiver thing which doesn't seems to do a lot. On occasion it seemed to tell me there was traffic when there wasn't. I am assuming this works by tracking other Garmin devices in the area and their local speeds in relation to the road speed (not that it gets that right) rather than subscribe to a standard feed. It was not accurate.

In general I hate satnavs but they are helpful during the end part of a journey where you're trying to go through a town or city that you've never been in before. They're handy for finding petrol stations and car parks. Personally I prefer a map in a book because I can see things in the bigger picture. I can tell that when I need to go from x to y I know I need to head to that motorway and come off at that junction. From there I may need satnav.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 21 May 2013
N. Lineham "swift nick" (Tiverton, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter who is away starting a nursing degree. Needed to find places while on placement. We've used a Garmin before so were more than happy to order this one. It "does exactly what it says on the tin" - she's happy, and so are we. Would definitely recomend this product - super price too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sat-nav, 21 Jan 2013
Really pleased with this, it has got we out of trouble several times already. Had a previous garmin model before which was good but this is a massive improvement.

3.0 out of 5 stars Black out!, 14 Aug 2013
M. D. Shapcott (Fareham Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
Pleased with the original operation of the unit but on the third day the screen faded to blank. The unit was returned to garmin who sent a replacement by return of post. The replacement unit was a refurbished item. After a further 4 days the unit died as did the first one. This has again been resolved by Garmin. It would appear that this particular model has an inherent fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars I m glad I bought a Garmin Sat Nav it's so easy to use., 29 Jan 2014
I needed a sat nav and wasn't quite sure which one to buy,after reading what they do, and who got the best
Write up, I went for this one, glad I did, it's so simple to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not happy, 24 May 2014
got this one because I needed some of the features however when the unit was turned on a "vauxhall" logo on the screen I do not have a vauxhall !! must be job lot meant for vauxall dealers !

However on a plus point , being a old model I was prepared to purchase map updates from Garmin but on registration of the product managed to get one free update well done Garmin