4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2415
Maps are well detailed and the split screen that automatically appears at mototway junctions is very helpful but it's a pity this was not extended to cover all the main road junctions rather than just the motorways.
I Found the voice a bit "tinny" which I guess is due to the small speaker inside the unit.
Easy enough to set up and a free map update is available...
Published on 17 April 2012 by I. D. coulter

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2415
At first I was well impressed with this SatNav. Easy to use and set up.
After the second day of using it the speech was garbled and the unit kept switching off. I sent the unit back and within 3 day's I had a replacement sent out.
The replacement lasted about an hour then it lost the GPS signal! I emailed Garmin for help and they sent me instructions on how to...
Published on 1 Nov. 2012 by Bertrum

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2415, 9 May 2013
K. Small (Nth.Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Nuvi 2415 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps and Bluetooth (Electronics)
I have only used this item a few times but it has met all my expectations. It works really well and I would not fail to recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satnav ..., 8 Mar. 2013
My 3rd satnav! Would recommend this model & this company. No complaints whatsoever. I have nothing else to say, but have to write more words in order for my to be able to submit my feedback!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost returned it. Almost, 13 May 2013
J. Stephen Solar "Solarteedoh" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
Not bad really, more compact than my previous satnav yet with the same screen size. As others have mentioned, some of the pronunciations are amusing but that's what you get when you're mapping thousands of unfamiliar street names. Accuracy on speed limits could be better though, the estate where I live is marked as a 20mph zone (which it isn't) and I get annoying speed warning beeps, I have to cut the sound until I get out of the area.

Directions are quite detailed which helps street-finding. However, when searching for a road recently, the road wasn't found under the town name but under the much larger city name instead. It was obviously in the machine's memory but it evidently prefers big-city searches rather than small towns.

One aspect, (common to most satnavs these days) which I think is pointless is the visual motorway junctions that appear automatically as you drive. They're stock images so don't really display your actual location. What you get is an image of three-lanes into two, or two lanes into one or whatever is relevant to your junction but it's not a true representation. You may like it, but for me it's an intrusion that just cuts the display in half until you get through, and you can't disable it. I know what a motorway junction looks like, I just want a warning that it's coming up and then I follow the directions.

The display is fairy customisable, map colours and so-on, but navigation through the menu screens is confusing. Which menu you open to get what you want is not intuitive. Its a rarely-used feature once you've set up the device to your liking but as a result, you'll never remember how you did it the first time.

And travel info is bizarre. You have a choice of information bars to display on screen (speed, time to destination etc) but over half of them include altitude. Yes, altitude. Have you ever wanted to know how high above sea level you are? Then the Nuvi 2415 is your box. Personally, I don't care how high I am, I want to get to a location on the ground. Mountain climbers may find it useful. A case of adding silly toys just to be different.

Overall, a fairly reliable satnav at a good price and I read many reviews before choosing this. Whether a dearer model would be much better I don't know but it will get you to where you're going and that's all I need. Even if it's half-way up a mountain.

Oh, one other point... The Nuvi 2415 is not listed on the Garmin site. It's part of the 2400 series but does not appear on any of their lists. I contacted Garmin and once you've registered the device, updates work normally. I've already done one update so I know it works. Presumably, it has the same software as another model but nobody told me which one. It's a new-ish model and listed in their current products under 2012 but not in support for some reason.

Four months later: I must add this, after now using the device for four months, it's driving me mad: Conventionally, people speak road numbers by individual digits, for example, saying A3266 as "Ay-three-two-six-six". Not so with this Garmin. It says "Ay-three-thousand-two-hundred-and-sixty-six"! It's bizarre. You have to mentally translate as you drive. "What did she say? Three thousand and what?" At first it was an idiosyncrasy but now it's just insane and confusing. I've changed my mind, wish I'd sent it back now. Does confusion by satnav count as a road hazard?

1.0 out of 5 stars it just is no where near as good as a Tom Tom, 3 Oct. 2014
It's perfectly serviceable but as a former Tom Tom user, it just is no where near as good as a Tom Tom. It really missing Tom Tom's IQ routes, the route times simply can't be relied upon hence the one star.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Use, 12 Mar. 2013
First Sat Nav I purchased, it is easy to install on PC for updates and using the device for directions is easy and intuitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin nuvi 2415 LM, 27 Feb. 2014
I use it for shopping mainly and for holidays. Safety cameras are a must. Would recommend to family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Satnav, 8 Jan. 2014
I have kept with portable satnavs when changing cars as the factory fitted ones are so expensive. This Garmin satnav does all I need of it. Pronunciation of some of the street names is a bit odd but this is a minor quarrel. Pictures of junctions are OK but I think good lane plans and directions are more helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for the money, 5 Sept. 2013
Bought this as a present so don't have that much experience of it - but drove around Purbeck with the gift recipient using it and it did exactly what you might hope a Sat Nav would do without fuss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 Sept. 2013
I am happy enough with the maps and voices, and it is quite clear and easy to use. The split screen is handy for choosing lanes on motorways. Down side is the nobody seems to be able to hear me when I answer a call using the hands free Bluetooth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sore throat?, 17 Aug. 2013
Grumpy Old Georgie (New Mills, Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
Cheap & cheerful SatNav which only covers UK (which is all I wanted anyway). It's the third I've had, and is no better or worse than the previous two: just a bit different. However, my previous one, also a Garmin, died after less than two years - and the first symptom that there was anything wrong with that one was that the voice became a bit distorted... and the voice on this one has sounded slightly croaky from the outset! But I'm not going to the bother of sending it back at this stage as it's otherwise working perfectly - though if it gets any worse then I will...

I don't use the Bluetooth facility but it does have (the usual?) features to find, eg, the nearest supermarket, ATM, petrol station, etc, which I do find useful when in a strange town.

NOTE TO NEW SATNAV USERS: Seems to me these things are never perfect and YOU MUST keep your wits about you at all times!!! Which is not to say they aren't a great boon for people like me who can get lost in their own back gardens...!