5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant new album!, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Helvetios (MP3 Download)
I've been a fan of this band a year or two now and own their 'Spirit' album, which is brilliant. I saw them live this week supporting Sabaton on their UK tour (London) and wasn't disappointed - they played several songs from this new album, which I had not got round to buying yet....but now I definitely will buy it! The song Alesia really stood out for me.

This band is something special, they blend traditional folk musical instruments with modern metal sounds and I love that. On stage I watched band members play pipes, flutes, violin, bagpipes, mandola and a hurdy gurdy alongside 3 electric guitars and a drumkit. All the band members are talented musicians, and Anna, the hurdy gurdy player also has a really lovely voice which balances the deep growls of the lead vocalist.

An awesome, unique sound, if you like heavy metal, death metal, power metal, then have a listen, you might well like it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Chieftains meet Sepultura, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Helvetios (Audio CD)
A fantastic blend of Gaelic folk and raw heavy metal. Love these guys, though to be honest, I can understand very little of what is going on at any time, which is also true of two bands I have compared them with. Astonishingly fresh. This is their latest album and the first I bought - I have since purchased two others from their back catalogue and have not been disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, 18 Oct 2012
John Russ (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helvetios (Audio CD)
Having seen this band live supporting DevilDriver I got to listening to their albums and really liked them. I was pleased with this new album which is a great addition to their catalogue.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 20 July 2013
Mr. S. P. Edwards "MoleMother" (Nottingham England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helvetios (Audio CD)
Eluveitie are definitley the best folk metal band that I know of. This album is probably not their best but it was not a disapointment. (their best is very good)

Helvetios
Helvetios by Eluveitie (Audio CD - 2012)