5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I was hooked on this game from start to end
First and foremost, if you have a powerful gaming PC, this game will look spectacular! I was blown away by how gorgeous everything looked. I grabbed a great deal of screen shots and videos whilst I was playing.

Published 8 months ago by Paul Tinsley

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought it would be
Although dated this is very playable. The choices at the start of the game are quite confusing and the manual is pretty useless. Using a walkthrough helps enormously with making initial choices. I have been thoroughly spoilt by games like Skyrim but unfortunately there are not many games that good and you can only play them a few times before they get repetitive...
Published 3 months ago by Renewed Parts

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I was hooked on this game from start to end, 1 Dec 2013
Paul Tinsley "Tinz" (Guernsey, British Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Arcania: Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)

I have played a lot of first or third person fantasy role playing games and this one was a nice trade off between the complexity of managing a character and the more visceral action gameplay. I was delighted that there was no limit to what I could carry and the difficulty settings made it easy to get past anything that was too challenging. I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to games these days as I am very busy, so I was glad that the game could be tweaked to make it easier if I just wanted to get further in the game.

If you search for "Paul Tinsley Arcania" on Youtube, you can find a couple of videos which showcase the action and graphics;)

There are some parts of the game that are a little annoying. I suggest having a walkthrough handy in case you get stuck, as some things are not that obvious. The voice overs and repeat character model usage is a bit slack too, but not enough to put me off.

This game is well worth it and if you love role playing or fantasy hack and slash with some fabulous and immersing environments, then go grab it and make sure you let your friends and family know that you will be busy for a while!

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought it would be, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Arcania: Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Given the low price it is definitely a good buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars arcania, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Arcania: Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
game graphics good, gameplay much the same as before, did not evolve a pity may have been better try again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Arcania: Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this for my brother...he simply loved it and exceeded his expectations! I think I'm gonna start playing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Original + addon is a resonable price, 3 Nov 2012
Luk Caluwaerts (Belgium) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Arcania: Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I've buyed it myself and I will play it all again. I'm not a kid, but an adult of 35 years old, who's a fan of Gothic games. Yes, the originals are way better. But this game deserves more than only 2/10. I find it to much underrated and forgotten. It was the latest try from Jowood, to get out off the costs, they had. Even they have maded somes mistakes, it's still a decent game. Even what other people may say. I've played a whole lot of worse games, than this. Suggestion: play it on "Hard" mode or minimum "normal", but not: "Easy". Or you don't have any challenge. And also: you will not have any help from it's RPG system. So play it hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gothic continued, 16 April 2013
sizzler27 (The Milkyway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arcania: Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The continuing Gothic story. Brilliant series. Another massive environment to play in. Great graphics and game play. If you like action rpg's this is a must have in your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A walk thru game!, 3 Dec 2012
Arne Leonhardsen "Old farth" (Verdal, Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arcania: Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Not difficult, but entertainment good as anything else! For those who dont't like it to straight forward, it can be dull.

Arcania: Gold Edition (PC DVD)
Arcania: Gold Edition (PC DVD) by Nordic Games (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
7.69