5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal solution for dual battery systems, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: 10A dual battery solar charge controller / regulator for motorhome, caravan, boat or any system with two 12V / 24V batteries or battery banks (Electronics)
I have been looking for a similar item for a long time, most of the controllers give you a controlled output and a constant output, so you could only charge one battery system in a controlled manner at a time, I needed to charge two separate battery systems his meant regularly changing the connections over.
This controller charges both systems at the same time and is entirely configurable to your specific requirements. You can give either battery system priority and the unit will charge at that rate until the prioritised battery is full, it will then swap the entire charge to the second battery system automatically. Set up for the unit ( battery type - lead/acid, gel, or sealed) is easy using LEDs on the unit as is setting the priority for the individual system from 50/50 to 90/10.
All the instructions are included in the box.
I use the unit on a narrow boat with domestic batteries (3 x 110 a/hr) and a starter battery (1 x 110 a/hr) and I am using a 35watt solar panel. All feeds ( panel to controller and controller to each battery bank ) are individually fused and the controller takes care of the rest. I set up the unit to charge the starter battery first and then the domestic batteries
Altogether a very elegant solution and what's more, IT WORKS!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says, 17 Mar 2013
K. Stainsby (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for use with my 2012 Autoroller motorhome.
The motorhome came with a 100 watt solar panel fitted and during my tours last summer I had no problems running electrical items despite extensive stays on sites with no electric hook-up. Of course this was helped by the fact that I have two leisure betteries connected in parallel.
The problem arose when the vehicle was laid-up for the winter and I realised that the solar panel was only connected to the leisure batteries and not the vehicle battery. I tried using an electrical hook-up on my driveway and then realised that the built-in battery charger was also only connected to the leisure batteries.
So the vehicle battery was constantly draining and this was not helped by the alarm system that was fitted. I did some research and discovered that vehicle batteries in particular can be permanently damaged by allowing them to discharge too much. Leisure batteries are not affected so much as they are designed differently and are described as "deep discharge" batteries.
I initially solved the problem by connecting a C-Tek battery charger to the engine battery but I didn't like leaving an extension cable draped across my drive and this problem could be even worse for those people who use remote storage facilities for their motorhome when it's not in use.
I also resented the fact that I already had a perfectly good solar panel producing electricity every day during daylight hours.
So the answer seemed to be this dual solar charge controller.
I took the opportunity of relocating the charge controller to a point nearer the batteries. This is recommended as there is a voltage drop in the cabling. The existing controller was situated in a wardrobe directly under the solar panel but about 5 metres away from the batteries. A voltage drop before the controller doesn't matter as much as a voltage drop after the controller when the voltage has already been stepped down from about 21 volts to the correct figure (hope that makes sense). This action also saved me having to run the extra cables for the engine battery all the way to it. I simple removed the old controller and connected positive to positive and negative to negative thus extending the cabling from the solar panel all the way to the new location behind the passenger seat and near to all the batteries.
Some points worth bearing in mind:-
1. Although you can set the battery type (sealed, gel, flooded)there is only one setting for both batteries. So, if like me, you have a SEALED leisure battery and a FLOODED (wet) engine battery, you need to choose which setting to use. A quick call to Photonic Universe proved that they were very helpful and confirmed that I should use the SEALED battery setting. This is because sealed batteries use a slightly lower voltage (higher voltage could charge too vigorously and release gases in a sealed environment).
2. Use Heavy cable when wiring up as this will cause less voltage drop. I used 3mm sq cable in red and black. But if you have a long cable run you may need heavier cable still.
3. PMW charging frequency can be set at 25, 50 or 100Hz. The default is 25 which is fine for ordinary batteries. 50 and 100 are for use with specialist equipment.
4. Use a fuse on each positive (red) cable just before it connects to the positive battery terminals. I used 15 amp blade fuses in these holders http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Trade-Direct-Splashproof-Standard/dp/B00904NC84/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363528852&sr=1-2

CONCLUSION.
My system has now been up and running for 3 days only but it has maintained my leisure batteries at 100% charge (they were already fully charged) and brought my engine battery up to 100% from a flattened state.
The system appears to be working well and is now totally maintenance free. I can forget about the battery condition in both summer and winter - result! 32 seems a reasonable price to pay for such convenience and peace of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 1 May 2014
Sits in a marine environment which is salty and damp. Works reliably and easy to fit. As long as you never take the load off it (disconnect the battery ) while it is still connected to a solar panel, you should be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 14 Oct 2013
I use this in a glider trailer, with a 10w solar panel, to keep two 9 ah batteries charged. It works perfectly, and I plan to get another for my motorcaravan to keep the vehicle and leisure batteries charged.