on 25 April 2012
Purchased for a relative who is hard of hearing and wears a hearing aid. Buttons are large, easy to read and easy to use for older (and not so old) people. Phone is not the smallest on the market but sits still when in use and doesn't slide about when dialing. The best thing about it, as far as we are concerned is that the adjustable volume really works and someone who has real difficulty with 'normal' phones, and cannot use digital cordless phones can use this one with no problems.
22 comments|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 August 2012
I bought this phone for my 87 year old Mother in Law and it's good stuff.

She's so pleased with it as it does everything she needs and wants from a telephone.

She now even uses the 1571 answer phone service which is good, the phone flashes when there's a message waiting.

Don't worry about the petty things some people have said about this phone, if I'm privileged enough to get to her age I'll have one.
on 24 April 2013
Bought this phone for my mother who has just turned 90 and struggles with her hearing and am glad to say that she can now hear every word I say during our phone conversations. Easy to use, 1571 button, large buttons for dialling and easy to programme 13 memory numbers. Works well with hearing aid, not quite so clear when using hands free.
Well worth purchasing.
on 10 June 2012
After getting through about 5 of the previous model BT Big Button 100 phones (see separate review) due, apparently, to an inherent fault in the earpiece, we still decided to get this newer model. We decided that, even if it fails again after 1 or 2 years, it's worth it for the price, because it is simply the best phone available for elderly people with hearing problems, at this price. My father's hearing has deteriorated considerably over the years, but this phone works well with his hearing aids even if he doesn't put the earpiece up to the microphone on the hearing aid - presumably due to the inductive hearing loop compatibility - and so we can finally have a pretty normal phone conversation again. The sound quality is excellent, with none of the humming or buzzing you can experience on other phones with amplifiers.

This new model has an improved user-friendly design, and we find the 13-number memory to be invaluable.
on 5 September 2012
I am a bilateral hearing aid user so needed to replace an earlier BT Big Button 100 model. This model does what it says on the tin but what I wasn't expecting, and a quick scan of other reviews doesn't seem to mention, is that you cant lay it down flat. The based unit has an integral moulded stand. In the space available, I prefer to be able to lie my phone flat. Otherwise, its a perfectly good phone for the hard of hearing with all the audio gizmos to make life easier.
on 14 July 2012
My 91 year old father finds this very easy to use. We bought this to supplement his power dependant phones to ensure he can phone out even in the event of a power failure.
on 12 May 2013
item as described and quick delivery.
however I am little disappointed with the phone it self.
issue I have is this is for my mum who is hard of hearing.
I find it very annoying that my mum has to press 'LOUD' button every time she receives a phone call in order to activate the amplifier.
also it is not very loud for hard of hearing people. my mum still struggles to hear it properly.
also ring is not very loud either.
consider above before buying this phone.
on 18 April 2012
The new model of the BT Big Button phone works well - is easy to use and makes miss dialling numbers very difficult. The amplifier helps with my mild deafness but could be louder.
on 15 February 2013
Would not recomend this phone as the so called sound magnification is very poor .Bought for someone who is hard of hearing.
on 9 January 2015
Perfect item, Bought for my uncle who is 97 and quite deaf, usually i would have to shout on the phone to him, but with this new phone its much easier to converse with him,