on 30 December 2013
Never write reviews, but really want to echo what others have said. My husband bought this for our daughter after finally getting rid of her comforter after many months of trying. She was so excited when she got home, and then extremely disappointed!! It just created a big mess and even when I tried myself we could not get this to work as intended and took it back to the shop. Would strongly recommend trying a different barbie !
on 25 December 2012
My daughter aged 5 saw this heavily promoted toy on tv in the run up to Christmas and it was top of the "wish list" given the reviews I had a dilemma - buy the overpriced piece of plastic tat and be a hero or don't get it and be "bad mummy" lol. I went for hero and hoped for the best. All the reviews that say it's very hard to spray for the age range are correct - HOWEVER, after the first attempt I merely got a saucer out and a tiny paint brush and got my daughter to spray the paint onto the saucer and then paint directly through the stencil onto the hair - it gives a good result and she is very happy and I'm very happy that she is delighted. Perhaps Mattell should have thought through the delivary method but with a bit of lateral thinking this is still a good product and lots of fun for my daughter. I just told her that the proper way to do hair colour is to paint it on and she's seen my mobile hairdresser do this often enough to accept it. Doing it this way also uses a LOT less spray and is a lot less messy. My recommendation is to buy it and a small paintbrush at the same time :) The barbie is lovely with nice hair and I'm sure my daughter will have loads of fun with her.
on 9 January 2013
my grand daughter loved it . on christmas morning she stopped opening all her other her presents to play with it
on 8 April 2014
This is a nice idea and my daughter enjoys colouring the dolls hair but she is 6 years of age and finds the spray bottles hard to work. The doll sits in a seat which my daughter can't do by herself. The spray tends to go everywhere so make sure you are prepared for mess. The big disadvantage is that the doll's hair takes a very long time to dry so your child cannot play with them for a considerable time after.
on 11 January 2014
My 5 year old was desperate to get it for Christmas.Its a nice doll with some washable spray paint that you can you use on the doll's hair.It gets quite messy when she tries to make the design.The paint dust gets on the surroundings and its very difficult to make a nice and neat design aa it smudges on the hair.My daughter was trying so hard that she finally gave up and left the doll lying aroud...
on 24 March 2013
good fun product but spray bottles are tricky for little hands and adult help is required. Would be good if came with a bag for all the bits.
on 5 January 2014
How nice for my girls on Christmas day'! Lovely until there was colour spray all over my floor and walls and I was on my knees scrubbing the stuff off my floor before the rest of the family arrived! Haven't had it out since. I hate to be a spoil sport but they can play with them again in the summer when they can be outside and I don't have to clear up.
on 24 July 2014
The only good thing about this is the doll. The pump sprays don't really work and when they do its more of a trickle than a spray so you don't get the desired effect, which upset and frustrated my daughter. Barbie does not really fit in the chair that well and so kept toppling over. The dyes also do stain so beware !. Would not buy again
on 9 June 2014
The actual Barbie is fine, but the colour is pretty difficult to do. The shapes run, and are really tricky to make clear. Also spray (as it is a spray and not a pen, or brush) does travel onto background things however much I try to get my 6 year old to aim at the hair only! Bit messy, with not a very clear/ good result.
on 17 February 2014
Very messy so be prepared and use the spray lightly..... Be warned, but my daughter and I have had hours of fun playing with this Barbie and so glad i bought this because it is fun! Barbie sits perfectly sturdily in the chair and little ones will def need help, but that is part of fun playing with the little ones.