'The Angry Aztecs fills you in on the foulest facts about Motecuhzoma, Cuahtemoc and other people with unpronounceable names, whose idea of fun was ripping out human hearts.

Want to know:

* why the Aztecs liked to eat scum?
* when the world is going to end?
* how to play a REALLY violent ball game?

Read on for human sacrifices,...
Published on 21 Mar 2007 by A Customer of AMAZON-UK!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get on your kindle
Do not get this on kindle fire he. If you like the horrible history series as I do don't get this book on your kindle fire hd. It only shows the cartoons and not any of the writing. I read this book after I bought it and really enjoyed it but it is a shame that it does not work on the kindle
Published 21 months ago by James ODonnell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars 'The good news is that the world won't end tomorrow, but........., 21 Mar 2007

Want to know:

* why the Aztecs liked to eat scum?
* when the world is going to end?
* how to play a REALLY violent ball game?

Read on for human sacrifices, Mayan mysteries, sacrifices, a suffering slave's diary and more sacrifices.
Find out about powerful priests, weird warriors, and the cunning Conquistadors - who made the Aztecs very angry indeed.
History has never been so horrible!'

A witty, colourful cover opens to 127 pages, split over chapters:

1. Terrible timeline
2. The mysterious Maya
3. The awful Aztecs
4. Eat like an Aztec
5. Aztec days
6. Live like an Aztec
7. The cunning conquistadors

with an introduction and an epilogue.

Written with the typical Deary humour, in a variety of fonts, and superb illustrations throughout from Martin Brown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange is good for developing interest and laugh!, 3 April 2001
By A Customer
Just imagine burying your dead folks under your living room!? And the Maya finding cross-eyed children cute and having a way to make them so. This book has a lot of fun details, among the details of not so cute history. And this book should be taught in every school. Not only because it's fun and humorous, although it adds to the danger of children actually learning something. More because of this author's way of looking at historical "facts" and changes of time. It can be so hard to find books you want your young to read, you don't want them to judge without knowing the facts, you don't want them to assume that progress of time is in straight line forward only for the better, or always good. Here I think we have a book we can trust with our young minds. They might even develop thinking! And while you're at it, take the more harmless funny "facts" and tell to your very young, they will laugh too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Angry Aztecs!!, 24 Mar 2011
A fantastic way to learn about history. Tells you all the facts that your teachers don't! My son got into these after watching it on CBBC. Very informative and factual, can't wait to collect them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought that this book was brilliant and funny, 11 April 2000
By A Customer
I really enjoyed this book. I had done a school project on the Aztecs, but I found that this book gave a lot more imformation. I would advise other people to go and buy this book. It doesn't take long to read if you're like me and get hooked to books!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the many books I've got by Terry Deary, 6 Feb 2001
By A Customer
I liked this book a lot and it only took me 1 week to read, because when I started to read it I just couldn't put it down. I'm also collecting the Horrible History series and so-far I only need 5 of the specials to complete the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value/good history fun, 21 Nov 2009
S. Butler (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
very good value, my son rarely puts this book down. bought it for him as he is learning about aztecs at school and thought it would help him. very fun way to learn about history.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is one of my favourite from the whole set., 8 Feb 1999
By A Customer
I thought that this book was a fabulous one. When I bought it I thought"This is a funny book!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Up to scratch, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Horrible Histories: Angry Aztecs (Kindle Edition)
I love horrible histories and this book is no different and it's packed with Dreadful details and gory stories too

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 17 Feb 2014
I bought this for my daughter who is studying the Aztecs in year 3 (ages 7-8). The book is well written - funny and informative, and it's easy to jump to a particular section that is being studied at school. Would have liked to have seen some colour illustrations that would have kept a childs interest hooked for a bit longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Dec 2013
These books are excellent for kids, our sons has nearly got them all. They know how to capture kids to read books

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›