4.0 out of 5 stars I like it.... a lot
Published on 28 Oct 2012 by Polly

3.0 out of 5 stars Trucks ...
Its OK but you need a lot of time to play this sim cos you start off with nothing and it takes time to build up a rep and earn some serious dough ,too long in my mind I stopped playing it after about 3 to 4 weeks of lost sleep and still no closer to been the king of the road mind you I did get as far as to buy and own my own truck and had one driver working for me....as...
Published 10 months ago by Owen o neill

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it.... a lot, 28 Oct 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
My first truck sim, and I am lovin' it. The visuals are good and the weather effects and day night cycles are well done. I am using an xbox 360 controller and it works well ( with a few changes like setting the right stick to be the look around in cab view and some extra key assignments such as wipers and lights ), so it seems very configurable. I like the facility to play your own mp3's or even select to stream internet radio while driving. I am using version 1.1.3 on windows 7 and it runs fine, my PC is almost right on the recommended specs and it runs smooth and looks great.

The developers have done a really good job here, it is currently competing for my attentions with Forza Horizon which was released the same day and when you consider the resources and marketing power of the MS Forza franchise, the fact that I have spent more time with ETS 2 since they both arrived is quite telling.

I recommend it thoroughly. I must get back now, as I have some earth moving equipment to take to Amsterdam, and a ferry to catch.... .

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like #Oneepictrucksimulator, 15 Mar 2013
Dan "Void" Joyce (The Void, Unknown Regions) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
If you have managed to decipher my title with the hash tag then good job.

Right lets go into this review of the game:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Epicness meets Epicness. This game is frankly the best simulator i have ever played. The scenery / traffic / ports / eurotunnel / everything about this game is amazing. Having never played the first one and reading up on the reviews from others i decided to buy this game and was not dissapointed.

I started off by doing some Quick jobs, then you eventually can buy your own truck and start up your own Company. Its a buisness/driving simulator in one. The driving on the game is impeciable. You must pay attention though, you will get fined for speeding, hitting other traffic or being a geniune penis when driving on the road.

You will not get bored of this game.

My HQ is currently in Grimsby, and i drive to all places, you gain XP which when you 'level up' so to speak you can put these points into different catergories, they are:

ADR classes (delivery of chemicals/Gases etc)
Deliveries that are of a longer distance
High Value Cargo
Fragile Cargo
Deliveries that are urgent
Eco-driving

Obviously the more points you put in each catergory the better it becomes and you'll be offered more money as you increase your skill points in a certain catergory.

Next - Your company:

Currently im sat an upgraded garage with myself and 2 other drivers in their trucks. You can specialise your 'minions' into different catergories too also, for example i have Tim (that looks like Derek from Mafia 2 if you have played that) who is specialised in long distance and Lucy who is spec'd in High value cargo. Im currently Spec'd in Fragile cargo, so between us we make quite a bit of money for my company and in keeps increasing, more money = more garages slots = more people + vehicles = more money. You can also buy garages in other neighbouring cities within Europe, or you can even start in Europe should you so wish too.

So far so good, and enjoying the game alot. This game works wonders with an Xbox 360 Controller, so much easier to use and control the vehicle.

Its at a bargin price now and you can pick it up i think from Steam or Gamefly for about £12.

Damn is that the time, i must dash i just realised 'Tim' has just crashed his vehicle into a Bus on the M62, now i get the bill, awesome!

Enjoy guys!

5.0 out of 5 stars HOLD IT....!!, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
You! Stop right there! Yes, you. You know who you are. Came to look at Euro Truck Simulator 2 for a laugh, and now just about to toddle off and update your Facebook or something. Well, you just hold your horses.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "geeky". You're thinking "sad". You're thinking you may have left that pizza in the oven a tad too long, but I digress.....

Euro Truck Simulator is a genuinely good game, by the standards of any game. Take me for example, I have an eclectic mix of titles - in the last three days I have played XCOM- Enemy Unknown, Battlefield 3, X3: Reunion, The Sims 3 and Portal. Yes, I'm unemployed, but this doesn't detract from my point, which goes thusly; I have played all those games, and Euro Truck Simulator stands up to them. In fact, it's even commanded the lion's share of my time, so at the least it deserves a goodly amount of fair consideration. To business!!

For the slower reader, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a game which simulates the driving of trucks around Europe. For this reason alone, it is best perhaps to imagine this as a driving simulator, a very good one, but it actually packs a good game mechanic behind it. You start off as Jimmy Tenbellies, or whatever you decide to name your prospective trucker, and you're given a small garage and access to a small number of contract jobs. Initially, you have to use the equipment of others, which pays less overall but carries less financial risk as all petrol, repairs and other associated costs stay with the employer. So, you ferry their cargo back and forth, earning some money, admiring the rather good graphical engine, and generally "earning your bellies" as a truck driver. After each job, you'll earn experience points (XP) and use it to boost your earnings with various types of cargo, from heavy machinery to explosives, milk to toxic gas.....and all goes to increase your earning potential.

Time passes, you stop hitting railings and piddly lesser vehicles, and you have some money to buy yourself a truck! Here's where the game expands. As you explore you will find truck dealerships you can then visit later to browse nice new, shiny trucks. These come with a variety of upgrades, attachments, bells and whistles for those with the cash and inclination. Once you obtain your fine chunk of mobile metal, the business management side of the game kicks in, with your onus switching to job selection, driver hire, business upgrades.....it's a fully fledged simulator!

There are obvious foibles. Driver AI is (mostly funny) erratic occasionally, and I have experienced the odd crash to desktop and blue screen of death issue, but by and large this is a game that will grip you, with a few provisos. Obviously it helps if you're into trucks, but it isn't mandatory. If you're looking for a title that is strategic, with character progression, business simulation and a good, solid, extremely playable gameplay element, then this could be that "something different" you're after. Hell, it'll even throw in an in-game .MP3 player and real time internet radio streaming function, just for realism.

In short, dismissing this game at face value would be a crime. I am learning to appreciate simulators like this (Railworks 3 is also great) as good games in their own right, and they deserve attention equal to mainstream titles. In my view it's worth a shot and more, it'll leave you pleasantly suprised, I think.

G. Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Trucking Awesome!, 8 Feb 2013
J. Toner "BigJimbo" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
If somebody had told me, a month or so ago, that I would be sat at my desk with a steering wheel attachment firmly attached (bought especially), merrily driving across the UK and Europe in a game of this ilk, I would have said things about their mother.

This is the only time in all of the years as a customer, that I have bothered to write anything relating to a product.

In short, if you enjoy driving in real life (I do) then this game will grab you and will not let go. It will even persuade you to buy a steering wheel and look like an idiot in the shop when you walk out, carrying a huge box and clearly being of ripe age. Unless you have more patience than me and return to gold old Amazon to buy your wheel...

Miss it and you're missing out.

5.0 out of 5 stars best truck sim available, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
very good game, plenty of options, huge gameplay area (I'm sure it will get bigger with mods), realism and very good quality graphics. I've checked out all truck simulations on the market (including SCANIA TRuck Simulator, although beautiful, yet lacking deep gameplay) and this one is the best by a mile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect simulator, 26 Oct 2012
555 "555" (555) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
The best there is, very realistic behaviour and lovely graphics, the traffic AI has improved a lot since the UK truck simulator and so did the traffic rules.
the lorry customizing is just sweet a wonderful game.
there are some flaws that may will improve in next patches, but nothing big really.
Amazing game and great price too, well worth it waiting for two years for this one
Works perfectly with the USB X-Box 360 controller game pad!

update 26th november:
I been playing it now for a while and i still love it, thanks to the new patch the AI traffic behaves more realistic and finally can set the rain probability in the gameplay settings
the stream radio for music in cab is awesome, really a nice touch

The moding community responded well too and now i run it with more than 20 mods and the game still behaves well and doesn't crash.
the only big minus is, there is no Spain or Portugal nor is the west and south of France :( plus Rome is missing too.
I love the leveling system too so it will take a very long while till this game gets boring for me

Update 1/3/2014: spend so far 320 hours since release playing this great game, i have all DLCs and lots of free mods, developers still do a great job and they also add new trucks for free
until now they released 3 new trucks for the game and the new DAF Euro 6 is on the way too.
Its been out for about 17 months and it still gets full support and a great moding community, SCS Software is a great example to other developers about how its done, this still is the best trucking simulator
on the market and will be until SCS releases their new project, the American Truck Simulator in 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars I can`t believe i`m playing this!!!, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
I thought I`d throw in me tuppence worth with a game that if you`d said I`d be playing this 6 months ago I`d say no-way would I be!
Never played a sim like this b4 n the only reason I brought it in the 1st place was coz of the reviews on here and elsewhere so thought all these folk can`t b wrong n so here`s my thoughts.......

Build em up chill out games like Total War, rail simulators where u never feel rushed r my favourites n this sim is the same, whereas instead of building up your army, or armour or whatever, you`re building up a fleet of lorries along at the same time with your own 750bhp super wagon.

It did send me a bit nuts at 1st with plodding lorries 4wot seemed like 4ever n ever, but if u keep at it the boredom does go n that eventually you`ll end up with the 730bhp Scania. Problem is you can`t get the best version of the Scania till about level 32 which seems 2take 4evvvvvver to get 2. But the 750bhp Volvo is available way b4 that so life is a lot lot easier once u get 2this point in the game. Once you`ve got the 730 Scania or 750 Volvo you can bomb around without a load at 105mph and it`ll hit the 80`s in no time, so it doesn`t feel like 4ever 2get somewhere anymore. If you don`t want to mess around doin the air brakes n gears n stuff u can stick the whole thing in auto n just enjoy yourself.

Yeah it can get a bit samey, but don`t all games get 2that point eventually. I`ve enjoyed it so much that I`m up to 54 garages with 154 drivers! Sad I know, but shows just how good a game this is.

My only gripes r these..........

- I`m bombing the wrong way up a motorway hauling a petrol tanker and hit another tanker at about 87mph and no explosion!! And worse still no visible damage 2me rig! In fact there`s never any visible damage, which is sad!

- No emergency services! I`d of least liked the helicopter ambulance 2attend whilst bombing around or see the occasional ambulance or police car.

- Not many people around

- And worst of all, you can`t get in2 the centre of any towns!! The scenery is amazing especially in the alps but u just can`t go up any side roads to have a closer look.

But if u just wanna chill this is a deffo on your list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
I used to drive trucks in the Army and miss it. This is so realistic and I'm using my Track IR which allows me to move my head as you would in real life. Cant wait for the future games as they have cracked it with this one ...buy it you will really enjoy it :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep on trucking!, 9 Nov 2012
Tig - See all my reviews
This review is from: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
I ordered this "game" less than a week ago. I played the demo having owned the first Euro Truck Simulator, to see how they have designed the newer system and game engine. The first thing of note, after upgrading from ETS 1, is the handling. It has a more genuine feel to the handling and doesn't jerk around a bit under a games controller like the original ETS. The engine itself has had a good amount of work done to it, and is evident from the handling, to the graphics. Having grown up with id Software engines, and the Unreal engines, I have to congratulate the team on their's, really is top notch.

The control system has been improved, with a nice small wizard to get you going quickly. All the keys can be rebound and mapped to each that you like. G27 and G25 users are covered as they are the "normal" wheels to be associated with this game. If you are using a gamepad, you are best off with a sequential gearbox, or auto if you hate gears.

A nice feature to the game is the ability to customise your lorry. You have a choice of bullbars, lights, beacons, chassis, interior, sun visor, wheels, and more. While all of this is great, it isn't the "meat" of the game. As far as the gameplay goes, it starts off a bit slow. If you have bought UK Truck Simulator, you should know what to expect. You start off driving for other companies, and you build your money up. A basic truck costs about 100,000 euros. This sounds like a lot of money, but if you take the long distance and heavier ADR loads, it usually builds up after a few trips.

To add to the gameplay, you have the ability to earn XP, which seems to be in just about every game lately, but does do it well. You can earn XP to "level up" (RPG players should be used to this), once levelled up you get skill points which can help your licenses. For example, you can build up your ADR to get different loads based on what you want, or build up your long distance to get longer loads. This has an effect on your driving and prices. For doing a long load, you get on average more money per mile if you build up your long distance.

While a lot has been improved, a few things could have been edited, and changed here and there. However with the patches, this can only get better. For simulation fans and people whom enjoy driving.

Minimum for this game at decent spec (to me) is:

OS: Windows 7 64bit
CPU: Dual core AMD Athlon 3GHZ or Intel equivalent
RAM: 3GB
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5000 1024MB or nVidia equivalent

The minimum is lower than this, but it is a machine intensive game.

UPDATE:

As of update 1.2.5.1, they have patched various issues, none of which I personally experienced, but was evident regardless. During the patching process SCS aquired the license for the DAF XF range of wagons, the following is the latest list of lorries available;
Renault Magnum/Premium (Licensed - 2 available lorry types)
MAN TGX (Licensed)
DAF XF (Licensed in latest patch, otherwise known as "DAV" (Fictional))
Scania R (Licensed)
Majestic (Fictional, Mercedes-Benz Actros)
Ivedo (Fictional, Iveco Stralis)
Valiant (Fictional, Volvo FH16)

As a side note: Failed to mention that ETS 2 has a handy GPS system that works better in the game than what you find the the cabs these days. Handy tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 27 Oct 2012
This review is from: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
oh man ! no pun intended , what can i say about euro truck sim 2 well its fantastic , the weather is amazing so improved on euro truck , the graphics have improved aswell but you do need to get the patches as the handling of the truck needs getting used to but you can change that in the settings , the new lay out will take time to get used to but pretty easy once you played an hour or so

the downsides to the game , apart from the handling being abit off there is for me seeing the dashboard info quite unreadable maybe thats just my old eyes

ive had the game a day now the wife is at her sisters so i be trucking over europe trying not to get fined which is not easy as the ai traffic still dont stop when you have the right of way so they crash into you and you get fined

overall deffo worth the invest , if you never played any version before get this one first , then others will seem easy and boring

Well for a little update on ets2 , ive been playing for a while now and still addicted , ive even added mods , changed company names for real ones , tesco , asda and morrisons to name a few , even changed petrol stations to real ones , shell bp etc , and even the hotel are now premier inn and travel lodge . if you know how to add mods , do it , makes it even more fun , if you need help i will try and answer questions

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD)
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD) by Excalibur Video games publishing (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)