Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I did see the reviews before buying this and thought It can't be that bad, well I was wrong it is.

Game loaded okay, graphics are okay, look a bit dated.

You start the game and you have to follow the Chief, which I did, he walked in to a couple of walls, finally went in to a room and it was a toilet, then his office, 15 minutes later I'm still following the Chief who again bumps in to building's , 20 minutes and I think, I'm following the wrong guy, so I restart the game, carefully follow the Chief making sure its the right chap to follow (he has a very strange walk, trousers are to tight I think!), he still bumps into building and after another 10 minutes I switched the game off, I know Firefighting can have its boring bits, sitting around waiting, playing pool, cleaning the engines and equipment but not in a game!

This is not going to be a game that my wife has to worry about me spending to many hours playing (Football Manager I've been told I play to often), I think the game will sit collecting dust.
VINE VOICEon 23 August 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My son was really looking forward to trying this out but struggled with it from the start. We had a look at it together and it really is terrible. It harks back to days gone by with clunky movements on the screen and absolutely terrible graphics. There seems no point to it at all! You would have thought that this could have been a fabulous product but it looks like it was designed by a secondary school student for a school project! Avoid!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This had slightly more scope to succeed where other simulator games from this company, such as Stone Quarry & Utility Vehicle simulator, had failed.

Airport Fire Fighter at least sounds like it might have some action in it - but sadly it more of the same rubbish: poor graphics and pointless, boring, repetitive tasks. That is if you eve get to them.

The majority of my time playing this was spent following some stupid fire marshal around and most of his time was spent bumping into things.

This is the third title I have reviewed from this developer and all of them have been as bad as each other. I have one more to review and then I hope the company stop churning out this 3rd software because I don't think I can face doing another.
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 September 2015
Although not the best graphics it is what I usually get with my graphics. Attention everyone with controllers/joysticks/pedals/whee
S Do Not have any of them plugged in otherwise you will see some weird behaviour. Always wanted to get this game and now I'm very happy :)
VINE VOICEon 14 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Oh my deity... what an uttery waste of plastic and packaging... Seriously, this is terrible.

I can't add much more than other reviews have put down, save to say as a member of the vine programme I get to tell you NOT TO BUY this for free, it only cost me an hour of my life before I un-installed it and binned the material.

Its rare to find a piece of software this bad out there, and its rarer still that I actually throw software away, but this has gone to the great recycling bin in the sky and good riddence.

The graphics are DirectX 9 era, low rent textures, and poor alpha & ansiotropic filtering lead to an aged look, even on the best settings. The interface feels sluggish and following what is going on is a laughable. As other reviews point out path finding in one or two areas is rather poor. We didn't end up in the loo, but we skuttled along more than one wall for the opening.

This is the kind of game I'd love to get a hold of the code for and fix it for them, there's potential in the idea, racing along behind a burning jet, spewing foam over a blazzing engine. Unfortunately I'll never get to look or experience any of that wind in the hair action, and nor will anyone else buying this game. You may as well fold a paper air plane, light it with a match and run around the back yard blowing on it... You'll have more fun!
VINE VOICEon 21 June 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have several Simulator programs, this is a very poor example of the genre.

The software installed and started OK but the user interface and graphics reminded me what things were like 20 years ago.

I had to follow 'the Chief' round the airport and firestation. This was comical as he kept getting lost or stuck! After running the tutorial I was realy bored and had had enough.

I uninstalled the software as I never want to see it again.

I suspect the developers rushed this out without testing. Avoid
VINE VOICEon 31 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is one of a range of simulator titles published by Excalibur that fill a niche market for geeks with interests ranging from street cleaning to the London Underground. Airport Firefighter promised all the excitement of fighting fires in a busy airport 'requiring split-second decision-making and nerves of steel' but all I got was huge frustration at the clunky interface and poor graphics which harked back to the early 1990s era of PC gaming.

Indeed, I never got beyond what was supposed to be the Fire Chief's initial briefing which requires the player to follow the Chief around the Fire Station and the Airport. Having lost him many times due to the dreadful mouse/keyboard interface, I finally got the fire vehicle stuck, with no option other than to exit the game and start the whole briefing routine again! After this experience, I really couldn't be bothered with the game again. This simulation is nowhere near the standard I would expect from a 2012 game - the graphics are very poorly rendered, even at the highest setting, and the interface is a disgrace. This is one simulation that should never have left the developer's desk! Truly dreadful and a complete waste of time and money.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Gosh! I'm going to find it hard to find anything nice to say about this. It looked a bit of a laugh but I have to say, that even after sticking with it for quite some time, I can honestly say I found I got no enjoyment with driving out to the fences every night to check them - repeatedly. The controls were jumpy and sticky, and the on screen instructions just made me want to scream with frustration. I thought maybe if I stuck with it things would improve, but then I had to ask myself, how much of my life do I want to waste waiting for something better to happen...

Obviously you may think this is the best thing ever, (and if this rocks your boat, or drives your 'Airport Fire Fighter Simulator' then good for you!) but I was disgusted anyone could ask for even a penny for this game. It's not a game, it's mental torture! Each to their own.
on 18 April 2012
I found this 'game' in a second hand shop for £4. It wasn't even worth that. To be honest I don't have many words to say about this dire excuse for entertainment. I spent over 15 minutes following a poorly executed excuse for a character round and round the airport. The graphics were shoddy and jerky even on a pc running above the system requirements. I have uninstalled it and I haven't even completed the first mission!I have neither the time nor patience to continue. This game is going where it belongs. IN THE BIN.
on 18 October 2014