on 4 January 2012
I found the first book in this trilogy by accident and was so glad I did. I've always been in to horror (King, Koontz, Masterton) and history/ghost (Erskine) but never myth magic and fantasy. Now I'm hooked! The first book was good, the second great. I just had to read it every moment I could.

4 Elementals with such different characters, their soul mates and a variety of creatures, it makes a nice change to just vampires or just werewolves that's out there now. Easy to read and easy to keep track of who's who, just not so easy to put down.

It made me laugh, it made me cry, now I just can't wait to see what happens in the third instalment. Well worth a read. Keep up the good work.
on 24 December 2011
A brilliant second installment to The Birthright Trilogy, although I honestly don't think I can wait a whole year for the 3rd installment! A brilliant book, which shows how the girls mature and harness their powers. Nicole Macdonald is a genious and needs to try get the 3rd book out sooner!
on 20 April 2012
I loved the first book in the series but this one is even better!

It really is a book that you feel you are part of and that the characters are friends. I love all of them for different reasons.

What a cliff hanger though! It will drive me mad till the next one comes out but im sure i will probably read the first 2 again before then!

Thanks again Nicole for sharing your brilliant world with us :)
on 31 December 2011
After re-reading The Arrival just to make sure I knew where I was with everyone (well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) I was totally immersed in the second part of this so far brilliant trilogy. Some unexpected twists certainly added to the excitement and the new characters fit well with the story without taking away from the originals. Finished on a real cliffhanger and I kept pressing the next button to see where the rest was but that's all part of a good book to my mind, leaves you waiting for the next installment! Now if I could just sleep for 12 months till the next installment is available I would be a happy bunny :D
on 10 August 2012
I really enjoyed this book - I don't know whether it was all down to the fact that I had read the first one, but I thought that it was much easier to follow. Each of the characters voices seemed to be easier to differentiate. So whilst there was a lot of first person narrative form various characters, it wasn't as confusing as the first book.
I really enjoyed how the author has taken very modern women and put them into an almost medieval setting, and left all the men to cope with their attitudes! I'm really looking forward to the last instalment! Can't wait!!
on 30 December 2011
another brilliant book seriously cannot wait till december 2012 you just seem to sink into the book i only came up for air to go to the loo or make a cuppa you do need to read the arrival first or you will struggle but for the price you cant complain well deserved 5 stars*****
on 9 May 2012
These books are great, have read the first & second book, got a bit of a wait till the third but am looking forward to it. Complete fantasy that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
on 23 February 2013
the book got more interesting and emotional and i loved the ending. This book i personally feel was very strong on the romance line.
on 25 May 2013
Loved this book and bought the next one can't wait to see what happens next, a real page turning
can't put down book!
on 30 December 2012
I found these books on Barnes and Noble web site and thought I'd try them. I'm so glad I did. They are really good reading.