5.0 out of 5 stars Expert Advice!
If you have been thinking of setting up a marine aquarium in your home then this is the book to get. It is very detailed leaving no stone unturned. In the book I found valuable tips which if applied will save both time and money. The writer even provides some interesting historical facts about fish - you do not want to miss!

The writer overdelivers - so for the...
Published on 14 May 2012 by Sarah Lincoln

3.0 out of 5 stars How to set up a marine aquarium
I like this book as it covers every possible subject. Can't wait to set up my first marine aquarium with the help of the book
Published 14 months ago by jax

5.0 out of 5 stars Expert Advice!, 14 May 2012
This review is from: How to Set Up A Marine Aquarium Like an Expert. (Aquarium and Turtle Mastery Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The writer overdelivers - so for the price - it is a must have - if you are thinking ... a marine aquarium - will be nice!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Will Float Your Boat, 12 April 2012
I don't like reading long reviews of books, I get bored. I just like to know the salient points and not the entire plot. However, I am now torn because I would like to write a long review for this book, as it was so very detailed, complete, and if you are genuinely interested in providing the best environment for fish to live in your home, then it is a compelling read too. I will keep this short but bare with me while I set the scene.

I bought this book to read on a short flight from Dublin to London, I was planning on buying my aquarium that weekend. I had already done all the research required (so I thought). I scoffed at the author's suggestion in the first chapters that most people do not do enough responsible research.

Well the smile was wiped off my face as I read chapter after chapter of extremely well researched and clearly presented information. The author knows his fish. While lengthy, it is not boring and is fascinating in places. Every aspect of the aquarium and those who inhabit it, is explained and covered.

Even if you already have an aquarium in your home I would recommend this book. BUT if you have not yet got to that stage then this is one for the collection and well worth the money. Nice Piece of work. RECOMMENDED.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tips, 27 Jan 2013
Really enjoyed this book and helpful tips x I recommend this to any beginners !!!

I made a lot of notes of fish types and environment for types of fish I will be keeping in my tank !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 April 2014
Great product and delivered very quickly will use this company again. It was exactly as described and good price very impressed

3.0 out of 5 stars How to set up a marine aquarium, 8 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A good starting point to research marine aquariums!, 28 Dec 2012
An informative start to marine aquariums. Giving you an insight to saltwater fish keeping. With a list of equipment and knowledge required.

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this book if you want to keep marines, 24 Nov 2012
Contains many factual errors and references to freshwater fish keeping, which will confuse a beginner. why would a marine fish keeping book include details about nippy barbs?

The point I gave up was when it explained that most marine environments have a ph of around 8.2, then said that if you keep your ph at between 6.5 and 7.5 most of your fish will be happy.

There are about 5 pages that tell you how to lower your ph and how to make it acidic by bubbling co2. The bits hat tell you how to soften your water for discus are useless and confusing. This is all just completely useless for a beginner marine keeper.

As a final insult this book shows the puffer fish all blown up in the section on fish. There is no mention that the puffer fish in this state is under great stress.

Avoid this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of useful tips for setting up a marine tank, 27 Oct 2014
Mrs. L. D. Howard (Doncaster S Yorks UK) - See all my reviews
Lots of useful tips for setting up a marine tank. I used it as reference to set up my first tank.