5.0 out of 5 stars Why isn't this available on CD?
Published on 8 Mar. 2012 by Dr. W. H. Konarzewski

2.0 out of 5 stars Evangeline
I have this on vinyl which I bought on its original release and have waited years to obtain digitally. However, I am disappointed that I could only get a download copy instead of a CD. Same with 13 which appears not to be available now.
Published on 23 Nov. 2012 by John B

5.0 out of 5 stars Why isn't this available on CD?, 8 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Evangeline (MP3 Download)
I bought this album on vinyl back in the the early 80s and have long been disappointed that I couldn't get a CD version. (I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason but I'd love to know what it is.) However it's now available as an MP3 download which is some consolation. The title track "Evangeline" is my favourite, and not to be confused with "O Evangeline" on Stumble into Grace. All the other tracks are good. "Hot Burrito #2" and "Bad Moon Rising" stand out for me. Perhaps this is mainly an item for existing Emmylou fans; a chance to wallow in nostalgia. But it's a worthy addition to any country music collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars now on cd, 18 Sept. 2013
dr ian (london, uk) - See all my reviews
Original Album Series Vol. 2
this is now available on cd as part of the classic album series, one of five including '13', also on cd for the first time, i think.

2.0 out of 5 stars Evangeline, 23 Nov. 2012