5.0 out of 5 stars Can I join the Finwips Please?
I read this book during the early hours of a cold dark night and as I read gradually the world became colourful,warm and sunny such was the power of this wonderful fantasy!
Published on 7 April 2012 by harasrrek

3.0 out of 5 stars Alice Parker #1
This book is good but I just couldn't love it no matter how hard I tried. The world described was magical and even though the Finwip's sounded amazing, this type of fantasy character just didn't interest me at all. I enjoyed the characters and it was refreshing to see a friendship between girls that didn't rely on both of them being so damn nice.

While this...
Published 12 months ago by Elle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I join the Finwips Please?, 7 April 2012
This review is from: Alice Parker's Metamorphosis (Alice Parker's Adventures Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I held my breath during the metamorphosis,I licked my lips during the feast and I had to stop myself cheering aloud when the unicorn took to the sky. No, I am not in the target age group of 7+ but add 50 years to that and you will be nearer the mark. In my opinion the quality of the narrative transcends any age barriers.The plot was strong and the sub plot also stood up to close scrutiny.The characters were memorable and adorable.
I will not hesitate in buying the sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice Parker's Metamorphosis, 31 May 2013
This book was just amazing. When I read the title I had no idea what she was going to turn into. I didn't not like any of it. I enjoyed it so much. It's one of those books you just can't put down because you want to find out what happens next. I read this book really easily and really enjoyed it. I would suggest this book to children my age (12).

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for 7 year old, 1 July 2014
I read this book to my 7 year old son. We both enjoyed the story and the characters as they evolved as the story developed.
The book was well written. The book is intended for slightly older children, but is not dissimilar in age range as the early Harry Potter stories. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thrilling book., 25 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed this book because it was so exciting and you don't know what is going to happen next. I thoroughly recommend this book and the other ones in the series. :) :) :)

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK!!!!!, 28 April 2014
I love this book! It was really exciting and funny. I would really like to know what the next book is called. Lol!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 2 April 2014
I really loved it well done Nicola Palmer I look forward to reading the all the other books in the series

4.0 out of 5 stars nice story, 23 Mar 2014
I read this book to check it would be ok for my nieces. I thought the story was enchanting. I hope my nieces like it just as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story, 28 Feb 2014
D. Bloomfield "Tail Chaser" (Warwick, UK) - See all my reviews
Reviewed by my 11 year old son:

This was a very good book. It is funny and interesting because of the way everyone acts.

The main character, Alice, turns from an everyday human girl into a Finwip (you need to read the story to find out what a Finwip is). This book describes her initial adventures as a Finwip.

The sequels are equally good.

(my son is unusually reticent about describing this book but he has read it from cover to cover countless times and wouldn't put it down for weeks. He enjoys science fantasy and stories with mythological characters involved. If you like Percy Jackson, Eragon and The Last Dragon Chronicles then you'll probably like this.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for old and young alike, 24 Feb 2014
Ignite (East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
In this book for young adults, Alice Parker is a thirteen year old with all the typical problems. A major one is her older brother, studying science at Oxford. She begins to find her school work easy and gets top marks in subjects into which she’s put no effort. Great, you might think. Not so when it leads to problems with her classmates. It’s not just her sudden acquisition of brain cells that leads to such a change in Alice’s life.

This is a lovely story with an interesting premise. It’s something a bit different and the dialogue between Alice and her best friend and her brother rings so true. It’s got problems and difficulties for Alice and her friends to solve – it’s not all plain sailing – but it’s a great feel-good story. Excellent for old and young alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABuLOUS!, 22 Feb 2014
Wow I have to say I am gripped to the Alice Parker books! I couldn't help but turn each page, even after my mum said to go to bed! If you love fantasy and mysterious then this book is the right one for you!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›