5.0 out of 5 stars You must buy this book - and then you must pass it on!
I was looking recently for something light-hearted to read and stumbled across this book. I'd heard of Danny Wallace as I had previously read 'Are You Dave Gorman?' on my son's recommendation. Though I haven't read 'Join Me' yet (I will do as soon as possible!) I am told that it encourages people to perform random acts of kindness every Friday.
Random Acts of...
Published on 11 Sep 2005 by Debbie Stringer

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit overrated
Published on 21 April 2010 by H. Yardley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars You must buy this book - and then you must pass it on!, 11 Sep 2005
Debbie Stringer "debbie0802" (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Random Acts of Kindness is a book which provides inspiration not just for Fridays but for every day. Many of the suggestions are things that many of us do anyway, but this book inspires you to give more thought to it. You are then encouraged to pass on the book to a stranger - and as soon as I do that I shall have to buy another copy to keep as it is so inspiring (and often funny too). What a heart-warming idea from Danny. In an age when we hear so much bad news it's good to know that there are people out there performing Random Acts of Kindness every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret To A Happier World!, 17 Oct 2004
By A Customer
365 ways to make the world a nicer place. 365 good deeds. 365 ways YOU can spread untold hapiness!
All over the planet, thousands of people just like you are performing Random Acts Of Kindness for complete strangers... Joinees!
Danny Wallace, In his last hit book 'Join Me' tells the story of how he started his 'Karma Army' & instructed all who joined it to do Random Acts Of Kindness for strangers... & they did. Oh, they did! This new book is all about some of those good deeds. 365 of them in fact. Real ones that have been done by real Joinees & each as successful & delightful as the last!
It's a constant source of giggling mirth & smirkful joy from start to finish. I defy anyone to read this book & not want to go out & help strangers!
A top notch, A grade, tip top, super dooper, slice of fried gold of a book which I'd recommend to anyone & everyone!
Buy it; treat yourself. Then, treat someone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 15 Nov 2004
This dinky little book is crammed full of fantastic (and hilarious) ideas. You too can make the world a nicer place! Take one of these suggestions and see the kind of reaction you get from strangers: the feeling is incredible (well, as long as they're nice back to you..!) and well worth trying! The book is full of funny pictures, illustrating the Random Acts of Kindness described in the book. With lots of personal accounts of RAoK's that people across the country have carried out, this book makes an excellent stocking filler, and an inspiring, uplifting read.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit overrated, 21 April 2010
Although I think the idea behind the book is a good one, and yes after reading it you feel inspired to try some random acts of kindness, i was expecting a bit more from this book. The book itself doesn't have much background (after reading other Danny Wallace books I expected more of a story). It also has quite few repetative ideas in it. I think this book would be a good buy just for a quick flick through or perhaps for a stocking filler type present but I wouldn't recommend it if you are wanting a bit more of a substantial read.

5.0 out of 5 stars 365 ways to make people smile..., 15 Jan 2013
Love this book! I'm on at least my second copy now, and whilst you might not want to do every idea in here it is a good place to start and gives some inspiration to come up with ideas of your own.

There's a suggestion on page 175; Those charity muggers you see on the high street spend all day being ignored. Buy one a coffee and run off.

It being a particularly cold day today, I saw an opportunity and bought two of them a cup of tea and then ran* (*ok more like walked) away, what a lovely feeling!

I wonder how many RAOK you could do in a year??

By the way, if you like this book then you might like action for happiness organisation. (I did include the website but amazon removed it...)

5.0 out of 5 stars FANDABBYDOSY, 29 Nov 2007
This book changed my life, I have now written to NASA, helped strangers, sent letters with messages of welbeing to strangers and been inspired to challange the society in which we live. This book changed the way I think about all other people on this planet and I would pay a lot of money for a second installment!!

3.0 out of 5 stars good, 6 Aug 2013
i like the idea of the book but it doesn't really make for a good read. more of a list really and some of the things are repeated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative and fun, 23 Sep 2010
Having read an article about a random act of kindness that appeared in the paper promoting this book, I decided to buy it. Definately worth a read - I couldn't actually put it down and as each page only had a few fun comments of kindness on each page, I finished it well under an hour. Felt rather good to see a few things that I already regularly do (that I was unaware of) in the book and although I don't think some of the acts seem do-able, like "Give a pot plant to a bus driver to brighten up their dashboard" (the bus drivers round here are quite rough and would probably throw it back at you!) it did make me want to see if I could include any in my day. Great little book if your mood needs lifting - smiles guaranteed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Random Acts of Kindness, 6 Sep 2010
This is a great wee book. I read it in an hour. It's full of great ideas on how to make the world a better place,and most of the suggestions are fun. Go on buy it and make someone else smile- it's infectious!

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy with 'Join Me!', 15 Jun 2009
Jo Day "Jo Jo" (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
Great book to buy as an accompaniment to 'Join Me', Danny Wallace's other book about starting a cult by accident - I didn't realise when I bought it that it isn't really a stand-alone book, just an added extra to the main story. It isn't a story, just a book of ideas that came out of the original book (Join Me). Very nice (and funny) extra, though. Perhaps buy for someone who loved the book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›