5.0 out of 5 stars Good shorts

Published 22 months ago by Scott Gray

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Great at first but material sucks, 5 Jun. 2013
Scott Gray (Basingstoke, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought two pairs of these from the guys at Tenn and at first I was very happy with them nice fit and very comfortable. I ride to work everyday so these got a lot of use. After a little less than three months I noticed daylight coming through the seat on both pairs when folding them up. Upon further investigation I found that the fabric was actually coming apart firstly at the seems but I also found some fraying in the middle of the seating section. Contacted the guys at Tenn who refunded me for both pairs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge waist, 28 Sept. 2012
Andrew Skinner (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
Item looks great and feels great, but the waist is massively outsized. I ordered a Small (30-32) and I have a 31 waist. Yet the shorts hang off me by a good 3-4 inches. And if I use the velcro tabs at the side, I have bunches of material spare. Completely wrong fit, which is very disappointing as the colour scheme matches by bike brilliantly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripped on the first outing, 12 May 2014
Was really excited with the product until the first serious outing. They ripped along the inside seam on the right leg without being stretched or abused in any way. Otherwise the ventilation is good and they look quite nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shorts, 14 April 2014
Received the shorts unexpected fast.They are made of a strong fabric that looks like Cordura, and is fitted with strong zips. Very comfortable and breathable. I'll probably try them on on climbing as well. The size fits well and had not seems any issues with not matching the size. The shorts looks great and sad they not coming in different colours as well. A small difference on the size of the breathing holes of the membrane on the back patch can be observed if you look carefully but this is not an issue to sent them back. Must be a fabric fault and not carefully checked up at the quality control. Apart for this small aspect difference I was delighted with this product. Stay safe, Pablo G

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., 24 Dec. 2012
I ordered these thinking that I had a £20 Amazon voucher and I would like some mountain biking shorts. They arrived very promptly and my first impressions are that they seem well made, despite the price so I will be interested to see how they hold up. I have used them twice now, on both occasions they kept all of the dirt off me and seemed pleasingly water-repellent.

My only criticism is that the waist is larger than advertised, luckily though, you can adjust it with the two Velcro straps, although there is a lot of spare material, obviously.

All in all I would recommend these to people as they are (from what I have seen so far) great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MTB shorts, 19 Jan. 2013
Bought a pair of these last week, and when they arrived fitted perfectly and appeared well made. I immediately ordered another pair and used them for the first time today. They were brilliant, it was minus 2 degrees outside and cycling with just the shorts and Tenn long sleeve cycling shirt, I was kept warm and remarkably dry bearing in mind I was slipping and sliding in snow and ice.

Added to this, where the snow had frozen I fell off twice, sliding a good 4 or 5 metres on sheet ice, and no damage to my new shorts, and kept me dry which was a godsend on a 25km ride in the snow.

As mentioned, already bought a second pair and very happy. These were also featured in the Mountain Bike magazine, where they were given a 4 out of 5. This is where I saw them to know to look for them..

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 2 Mar. 2014
Was a bit sceptical at the price but took a punt and i'm really pleased, much better value than other shorts I've bought. Pockets in funny place but I really don't care these shorts have served me well through winter and summer, and the Green is so bright you can be seen from space!!

4.0 out of 5 stars falling apart., 15 Feb. 2014
I love the look of these shorts. I got the lime green, if you get hit by eejits in cars while your wearing them, they meant it, you cant be missed. decent fit, I went for a large despite being a 36 waist as per previous reviews( they said go a size down). kinda wish I hadn't. although the waist size was perfect, my nads are killed, luckily I don't want babies. I will buy again but up the size. I don't believe the folks reviews saying they had a large gathering of material, I reckon they are just in denial about how skinny they are.

Ok, having just started using these as the weather has got better i have done 90 miles in them over the past few days and they are falling apart, not at the seams either but they just seem to be evaporating. not happy as i like tenn products.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic shorts, 23 Dec. 2013
Mr. J. Roberts (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I am impressed with these shorts. They are very similar to much more expensive Fox shorts but a fraction of the cost. For £15, you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 11 Dec. 2013
I've had these for 4/5 months now and so far they are holding up really good. After reading some bad reviews i was skeptical but for the price i thought it was worth a try.

So far so good. After riding almost every weekend at various trail centres i cannot find any faults in them.

The shorts are light and breathable, perfect for warmer riding. They are a good fit and i find them quite comfortable. The two pockets on the front are quite big but i find them a little annoying being so low. Apart from that i'm pretty happy, can't complain for £15!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›