5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to read, harder to put down.
Published on 13 April 2011 by Mr. S. Turpin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good autobiography, but not high art.
An incredible true story. I liked reading about Katie's life before the event and goes into a lot of depth about her recovery. I wish there was more on the court section, but the most important aspects were included. The writing style isn't professional but this isn't high literature, the purpose is to educate and show the troubles of being attacked and the aftermath.
Published 1 month ago by Sketcha

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to read, harder to put down., 13 April 2011
Mr. S. Turpin (Belper, Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I read this book in a few hours, and found it harrowing, inspirational and even humorous. Katie tells the story of the events leading up to the attack on her so well that even though you know what happened to her, it's still truly shocking to read. What comes across loudly from the book is Katie's sheer determination not to allow the attack to end her life. She never lapses into self-pity, but is honest about the emotional trauma she suffered and it's effects on her family. Through the work of dedicated surgeons and medical staff, and her own feistiness, she's rebuilt a life for herself a million miles from the one she originally craved. It's a really inspirational read, I shed a few tears and I'm a bloke! In a society obsessed with image Katie Piper makes you re- assess how you look at other people, and this tough, beautiful woman restores your faith in human decency. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read, 21 Mar. 2011
Alex Lay "Alex" (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
Though the title seems to be more suitable for a lady.. I was very interested in Katie's story after watching the devestating documentary aired a couple of years ago. I'm male...

I'm 50% through this book now, and although I've not finished it, I can tell you it is a must-read. The 'Hotel' scene was frightening. You know when you're a grown man and afraid to go to sleep through fear - this book is a good one. Danny and Stefan don't deserve to live.. I hope prison is a nightmare for both of them.

I'm very eager to read the rest of the book, but have already decided to buy it for my girlfriend and recommend it to anyone. We all have problems, and this terrible incident really puts our lives in perspective. Katie has done an amazing job of not giving up after all she lost, and has been through hell. This books goes to show that the exterior is just a mask. Real beauty lies within us.

Well done Katie. x

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational woman, 4 April 2011
This was the first book I have read on my Kindle and I chose it as I think Katie is an amazing woman and she gives me hope for my sons future.

I could not stop reading Katie's book, I have been following all her documentaries and regularly read her website.

This book is written from the heart and made me cry at times but by the end I was filled with awe and an overwhelming feeling that this inspirational woman will truly make a difference in the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 12 Jun. 2011
In My Honest Opinion (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have watched both of Katie's documentaries, the second of which 'Katie's Beautiful Friends' really touched me. I read this book in one sitting and I still keep thinking about it. Katie fully admits that before the attack she was into her looks and keeping herself slim. When she describes the attack and her subsequent recovery, it is quite harrowing. She had actually swallowed some of the acid when it was thrown at her and this left her with lots of problems where she found it hard to eat and she lost a lot of weight to the point she had to have a feeding tube inserted into her stomach for 8 months. She has endured many operations and has even been told that the strain of the operations on her liver and kidney's will effect her life expectancy. It never seemed that she was saying 'poor me'. Her Surgeon sounds absolutely brilliant and you can feel her love and respect for him throughout the book.
One interesting part for me was that in the documentaries, she has talked about dating again and whether anyone will find her attractive but then in the book, she does mention a boyfriend she had after the attack. I never knew this and she is honest about why she kept him out of the media and I can understand her reasons for why the relationship didn't work. He did sound like a lovely young man though...I hope that she does manage to find love in the future as she states quite often that she would like to be married with children.
I can't recommend this book highly enough. Well done Katie, you are truly beautiful, inside and out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, shocking, thought provoking and inspirational, 23 Mar. 2011
I read this book in one day, like others I just couldn't put it down. Katie's writing has such depth, the way she tells her story is incredible as it must have been so hard for her to put her ordeal down on paper. She gives such insight about her experiences and, though I had already watched her documentary, it was truly shocking to learn details of what those evil creatures put her through and the struggle she has had both physically and emotionally to rebuild her life. Her candid descriptions of the nightmares she endured after her attack chilled me to the bone almost as much as the attacks themselves-she has been through an utterly terrifying ordeal and yet has shown such strength and dignity in rebuilding her life and trying to help others. This is a book that shows both the best and worst of human nature-I was sickened at her attackers and the fact that they have shown no remorse and I was saddened to read of some people's crass insensitivity and ignorance during her recovery. Yet Katie herself shines through as a wonderful person, as do her loving family and friends and, above all, her amazing surgeon-his talent, dedication and caring nature are truly inspirational. I think everyone should read this book as it really does show the triumph of the human spirit in the face of evil and adversity. I wish Katie every success in developing the Katie Piper Foundation, she is a beautiful person both inside and out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book by a beautiful person, 6 Mar. 2011
Lindsey Jane "booklover" (cumbria United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book was so humbling to read. Katie writes with amazing candour...she truly is an inspiration to others. Her courage, bravery and determination really shine through her writing. Her style is so selfless...she does not ask for pity but bravely shoulders on after the horrific ordeal she suffers. Her writing at times moved me to tears ...she documents honestly all the trials and treatment which she faces after the attack.

Katie comes across as such a warm individual...I really enjoyed this book and wish her all the best for her future. I could not put this book down. How she has come through her ordeal is a tribute to her spirit and courage. She is truly an amazing individual. x

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring book, 1 Aug. 2012
I had seen the very moving documentary about Katie "My Beautiful Face" and decided to read this auto biography. I honestly was engrossed in it during the whole thing. It was unbelievable to read the story in Katie's own words - to see everything through her eyes. My heart ached unbearably for her as I read the beginning parts about her attack and the events shortly after. Reading about Katie's struggle to regain her life made me both so unbelievably sad and then so unbelievably grateful - in comparison to a girl like Katie, our problems are very small and meaningless. I felt uplifted as I read through Katie's progress and saw her becoming a happier person. To imagine that Katie had started so low and then came out of the whole thing as a better person is amazing. Her evil attackers thought they could ruin Katie's life by destroying her face, but in reality, Katie only flourished into an even more beautiful person. Now Katie has books, a documentary, countless fans, closer friends and family, a busy and fulfilling life of helping others, and to top it all off, she's STILL outwardly beautiful (look up a picture of her now). Her personality only makes her more beautiful than she ever was before. Thank you Katie for writing this book, it really put my problems and life into perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word -- AMAZING, 6 Sept. 2012
It's been a while since I have read such a beautifully written, truly inspirational and soul changing book. Beautiful by Katie Piper will have you thinking about how society views others, how you view yourself, how life is truly short and that you do not need to wait for "something to happen" before making a change in your life. Beautiful will teach you that no matter what life throws at you and how hopeless you may feel you WILL and CAN get through anything.

This book had me in tears -- and I am not normally one for crying while reading. All the while I was reading it (which I did in one sitting, I just could not put it down), I kept thinking to myself, "If Katie can get through this, then I can get through..."

Katie Piper is a true inspiration. She was beautiful before the attack and now she is absolutely stunning. Katie Piper will inspire you to change your life (if it needs changing!). She'll help you to realise that no matter how bad things may seem, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Most importantly she'll teach you that we not only need to be accepting of others, but we need to be accepting of ourselves.

Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 24 Jun. 2012
I already knew Katie's story having watched all the Channel 4 documentaries but I still found the book an intersting inspiring read that I read in less than 24 hours.

I have so much admiration for Katie and wonder how I would cope if such an event happended to me, Katie has not just survived the attack but has positively flourished. I believe everyone should read this book whether you are suffering a similarly devastating life event or not, it makes you realise how many difficulties other people have to face and puts your problems into perspective.

It is well written and very engaging. Well done Katie for all you have achieved, I am sure you will achieve more yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 6 July 2014
This book was wonderful. I cried at many points over the kindness and courage that people showed during such harrowing times. An evil man tried to ruin a beautiful girl's dreams that fateful day but he picked the wrong girl. Katie has a strength and beauty and kindness that even acid cannot touch. Her incredible journey from wannabe to victim to hero is something we need to hear to remind us that we must appreciate our lives now, we must never give up, things do get better and above all: love wins. Katie isn't just a beautiful girl who lost her face and then through strength and courage claimed it back, she is beauty, inside and out. She is beauty personified.