5.0 out of 5 stars Best flour I've ever tasted
This flour is fantastic in taste, quality, texture, and its effects on my gastrointestinal system. My husband and I bake all our bread using this flour by doubling the bread recipe on the back of the flour pack and splitting it into three bread tins. We bake them all at the same time and have bread for the week. They keep well in the freezer for at least a week...
Published 18 months ago by Beth

2.0 out of 5 stars I love spelt, but this make of flour does not ...
I love spelt, but this make of flour does not work in a bread making machine. The loaf fails to rise, is heavy and the texture is very crumbly. I've used other spelt flour that bake much better. It may be good for oven baked items, but that's not how I use mine, so the review is based on what I would like from it.
Published 3 days ago by Purple Dragon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best flour I've ever tasted, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Doves Farm Organic Wholegrain Spelt Flour 1 kg (Pack of 5) (Grocery)

We have also both found that we feel much better eating bread made out of this flour rather than strong white bread flour or even whole wheat bread flour, and certainly feel loads better than when we eat bread from the supermarket.

I've also used this flour successfully in cookies (the recipe on the back on the pack), cake (a recipe on the Dove website), pancakes, and crepes. Very versatile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flour, 17 Mar 2013
My husband and I recently began an organic, wholefoods diet, to step up our already-pretty-healthy veggie diet. This is by far our favorite flour. The more delicate gluten strands it produces in comparison to wheat four are easier to digest and less likely to cause bloating. As a wholegrain, it also has loads of fiber, which is brill. I made a sourdough starter and a 100% spelt sourdough ciabatta with this, among other breads from the starter, and results have been extremely tasty. Would definitely recommend especially for those trying to eat a wholefoods diet or increase their fiber intake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 9 Jan 2013
Very healthy, less gluten , no additives and performs very wel, as always with Dove products. This organic flour helps to keep the body in peak condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes excellent bread and pizza, 9 Nov 2013
S. D. T. Froggatt "Stephen Froggatt" (Lymm, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
A great flour for home baking, and works well with bread machines using ordinary quick yeast and regular setting. Might need to experiment by adding more yeast or honey if required, since the bread is quite firm even so. Also an easy winner for home-made pizza dough, with or without the bread machine assistance. It's quicker to make a pizza from idea to first mouthful than it is to phone for a pizza delivery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to wheat flour, 19 Feb 2013
This flour has such a delicate flavour and really does make hearty loaves. Great alternative to wheat and white flours

5.0 out of 5 stars Really tasty!, 10 Sep 2012
I have baked cookies (recipe on the back of the flour packet) and eggless muffins and they were really tasty! Great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice flour - but., 1 Aug 2013
B. S. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
Very nice, soft flour, a pleasure to use, kneads and rises easier than normal flour when bread making. However, I'll not be ordering from this source again - the carrier was Yodel - nightmare, need I say more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 28 Jan 2014
This was delivered promptly, perfectly and safely packaged and the quality was absolutely great. Would certainly buy again - spelt bread tasted delicious.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 23 May 2013
Product as advertised on amazon. Arrived ok, although one bag was slightly damaged. Excellent flour! Will definitely buy again when this will have finished.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sadly three of the five bags of flour were burst ..., 11 July 2014
Sadly three of the five bags of flour were burst open in transit, there was a lot of mess to clear up. So will not repeat the experiment.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›