5.0 out of 5 stars Wizard rising
found this to be another brilliant fantasy novel ( my favourite genre) was totally lost once I started to read it. Was the right length and most certainly left you wanting to carry on with the full series. All the characters were believable and played their parts to the full.
Published on 2 July 2012 by Mrs. J. Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring
I had to give up a third of the way through this book. I found much of the reactions and responses by the characters unbelievable, with no plausible reasons given for some strange decisions. I assume this is done to move the story along, but to me it just jars any enjoyment of the story line.

Maybe I gave up too early, but I certainly felt no empathy with any...
Published 23 months ago by Mr. Rory I. Mcdonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Wizard rising, 2 July 2012
Mrs. J. Wilson (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book is a really good read for the lovers of Science Fiction Fantasy books. I would recommend it as a really good read. I will be ordering more books from this author in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars wizard rising, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book is such an excellent read that i found it difficult to put down even for a minute. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring, 10 Oct 2012
Mr. Rory I. Mcdonald (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

Maybe I gave up too early, but I certainly felt no empathy with any of the characters and at no point found myself routing for the "hero" and would have been quite happy had he been killed in the first few chapters.

The "baddies" were simply portrayed (in a heavy handed way) as men who could destroy whole armies if they wanted to and had killed rivals in the past. Nothing particularly sinister here, so again no real reason that I could see to route for the "hero".

All in all, I believe my money would have been better spent elsewhere, and not a patch on say Mageborn: The Blacksmith's Son by Michael Manning, in my honest opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Fantasy, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Quite a good read. I must admit though, that I got bored in a couple of places and skipped those chapters.

Could also have done with editing - a couple of "off of"s and "she was sat there" etc, plus a few spelling mistakes and wrong words in a sentence. Nothing major, just needs editing properly.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Off of", 24 April 2014
K. Coe (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Good story, mainly well-written - knocking a star off for author's continuing use of "off of".
Has that lovely style of building up the story about one set of characters and then switching to another set leaving you wanting more of the first whilst the second set's plot builds up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly epic fantasy, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, have just bought 7th book in series. Truly epic in a lot of ways, has some really nicely thought out characters and although starts like a lot of fantasy, small boy in a small village discovers powers and so on, it has some surprisingly original ideas. Cannot recommend this enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is a good book I enjoyed reading it can't wait to read the next book in the series. There was a lot of names in this which I found at the beginning a little hard but soon sorted all this out

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
this book has everything i love in a book : magic, action , abit of gore and some romance. If you need a book that will glue your eyes to the pages look no further Toby Neighbors is in the house

5.0 out of 5 stars Wizard rising, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Never heard of this author before but quite a good first book
Looking forward to reading the next one which I have alread
brought

Wizard Rising (The Five Kingdoms Book 1)