Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 March 2012
Last week I heard the opener 'Dirty Flirty' pounding away in my local indie music shop. It's rare that I buy a whole album on the strength of hearing one tune just once but I did. And no regrets. This is a cracker and no mistake, not just the best Dub album I've heard since King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown but certainly the best S & R have ever made and one of the best albums of the last 5 years. To do it justice you need a decent system to pick up the low end. Most MP3 players wont do this. If you like vocals , well you probably wont be into Dub anyway as singing isn't what it's about. 10 instrumentals with Robbie's throbbing bass grooves overladen by Sly's upfront excellent drum work topped off with meaty percussion, heavily reverbed guitar and studio wizardy. It's all killer no filler. If you're a Dubhead this is as essential as the Augustus Pablo album mentioned, Super Ape and Scientist Rids The World ...
on 30 December 2012
I know nothing about Dub but I really like this, it stays on a nice consistent level and the production is spot on.
on 17 March 2013
Having many Sly and Robbie cuts in my collection from reggae to disco themed gems I was wary of visiting them again. I was surprised when I played this as they managed a fresh twist on a well-worn pattern.
on 20 August 2014