Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.20

on 9 April 2012
This is the last book published in the Seven Spell series, and I'm hoping there will be more along soon as I've come to love the characters of Chloe, Oliver and Tristan.

This book had a little more of a down to earth feel than the others in the series. Not quite as much magic as some of the earlier books, still plenty of time travel but less focus on the witchcraft, but that seemed right for the overall story arc.
And of course the time travel was as riveting as ever. As well as the fascinating Norman times introduced in the previous books, Chloe got to visit 1969.

The sixties scenes were incredibly well researched and a great social commentary of the time. I'm not quite old enough to remember 1969 firsthand, but I admit I was reading with my fingers crossed that the author would carry it off and not make any accidental anachronisms. Tessa Stokes did it brilliantly - the phone boxes, the bus fares (I had that conductor who didn't like you paying with the wrong change, so he must have still been around in the seventies). I can only imagine the amount of background research that must have gone into this book to produce something of such high quality.

By the time I was reaching the end I couldn't put the book down. I was forced by my children to break off and feed them before they reported me for neglect. I loved the choice of possible endings, but I went with the author's cut. It just felt right to me, the natural flow of the story.

If you haven't started reading the Seven Spell Saga yet, then pick up Spellbinding now and take the opportunity to lose yourself in this wonderful tale of magic and romance.
on 23 January 2012
In Book 5 of The Seven Spell Saga, the wizard Aristide meets with Chloe, Oliver and Tristan to ask them for a small "favor." The three friends take to calling this favor "the task" - which is the title of the final installment of this fascinating paranormal love story.

The adventure continues as Chloe, Oliver and Tristan go about solving the task that Aristide has set before them. It isn't long before they are knee-deep in magic, romance, time travel, danger and suspense. Chloe and Oliver resume their romantic entanglement, and Tristan suffers quietly as he blames himself for chasing Chloe away in the previous installment.

Tessa Stokes handles the interplay between characters with exquisite expertise and aplomb, and she has such a light touch with dialogue and creates such a richly textured world, you find yourself tumbling into this magical realm right along with the characters.

Chloe is in love with Oliver, but she also still loves Tristan. The suspense builds as she holds the fate of these two special men in her hands - who will she pick? In "The Task" she finally comes to a decision (the author creates a very clever way of leading the reader to a happy conclusion). It's the perfect ending to a great series!

Or is it the end?