Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 20 August 2002
Exceptional title track in every sense. It's the last on the CD, which is otherwise populated with pleasant enough gospel/soul/Bacharach cover songs. The suddenly - cuckoo - Time Has Come Today, a fantastic driving rock anthem which deserves to be more played than it is. It's a classic. Long instrumental section with strong percussion. Heaven knows how it got there and whether the Chambers Brothers ever did anything like it again, but listen if you get the chance - it's splendid.
on 9 January 2011
I had bought the first CD edition long long ago, because of the fabulous title track. Now, after finally finding my way in soul music, I unearthed my old version, and I realized I missed an incredible crossover rock-soul album for all these years.
The Chambers Brothers take soul music into psychedelic territory years before Funkadelic. You would in fact believe that the title tracks was taken out the firts Pink Floyd albums (recorded around the same time). But unlike similar attempts that would come later from less refined artists, the Chamber Brothers are never heavy or boring. Styles and effects change on every track, and softer moments alternate with the harder stuff.
Apart from the 11-minute title track Time Has Come Today, the incredible cover of What the World needs now would justify the purchase alone. Though there's nothing to throw away, really.
on 26 April 2011
This album's special place in its special musical place is primarily for the psychedelic track 'Time Has Come Today' - a stunning and hypnotic new music for 1967 and this then 13 year old who mock-sang with his other incipient hippie friend in either's bedroom, both in our garish flowerpower shirts and Byrds rectangle sunglasses.

It's the echo effect on the drumming and the repeated shout 'Time' that leads into a fuzz solo and wilder reverberations swirling around in the magical background. Then the screaming. Then the manic laughter. Electronic screeching and the machine-gun drumming, fading in and out, rising to a crescendo and looped back to the wail of 'Now the time has come' before leading into the apocalyptic line 'And my soul has been psycedelicised' - the use and power of that word at that time! - then it slows painfully to its groaned end, and we put down our mock-mics, exhausted by our vicarious vinyl trip.

And I have just journeyed again after all these years.

The brothers' gospel roots are evident in spine-tingling harmonies on Mayfield's 'People Get Ready', Bacharach's 'What The World Needs Now Is Love', and the self-penned, absolutely glorious 'So Tired'.
on 14 May 2013
I bought this after hearing the strange Time Has Come Today on Huey Morgan's show on Radio 2. I just wanted to listen to something different, regardless of how old or new it may be. I like this cd because it is a curiosity. I would never include it in a list of favourite albums, but it's one of those things to play to your tired and tipsy late-night guests to get them guessing.
on 19 January 2015
This is an undiscovered master work. I saw them live many years ago and have never lost the sense of real power the music has. Listen to the title track very loud and make sure your hear it right to the end.
on 8 May 2013
at long last the full version of time has come today. I have a 4.45 version of the title track complete with freaky bit in the middle great stuff!. if you like something out of the ordinary this is for you.
on 15 January 2016
brilliant record, possibly the best album of the genre, bonus tracks worth the purchase prompt delivery
on 22 April 2015