5.0 out of 5 stars Completely crazy, creepy, circus madness!, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Freakshow [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Wow. Thats all I can say. I love it!

FREAKSHOW is very unique and pretty damn special. A nightmare disco circus rock hybrid with some hints of vaudeville and steampunk too. Although I think it's stunning, it's definitely not for everyone. All songs are quite accessible and catchy but I can see this being a bit too strange for a lot of people. But for me thats a definite plus! I love weird music.

The albums huge aswell. Something silly like 30 plus songs, so you get your moneys worth.

Similar to Marilyn Manson (the earlier stuff), White Zombie & Rob Zombie, 1970s Alice Cooper, Dr. Steel, Insane Clown Possee, Creature Feature, Twiztid.

5 stars from me!

PS: Preview the songs first to see if it's your thing

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite Album of All Time?, 23 May 2012
Amazon Customer (North Yorkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freakshow [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I happened upon the Shanklin Freak Show via a chance purchase in a small independent shop on the Isle of Wight several years ago. I bought a couple of back-issues of a magazine, and was absolutely struck by the visual image these guys had cobbled together. I'd never heard of them, but I wasn't going to let that stop me... I sent an email to the lovely young lady who ran the shop... who turned out to be engaged to the singer & the rest is history! :-)

Since then I have collected all I can find on this wonderful band, traveled hundreds of miles to see them play live, and do you know what... it was worth every blummin' mile!

This CD *oozes* originality, taking influences from far and wide; contemporary theatrics of Rob Zombie & Murderdolls is sublimely coupled with the originating roots of Alice Cooper & Iggy Pop. Left (or should that be right) - field sounds of Numan jars & clashes and melds together with the best of modern lo-key rap!

Saul Strange's vocals and production mastery is a joy to behold; Stench's axe wielding will leave you throwing shapes like a young'un; Foul's throbbing bass notes will thump against your chest; and Sgt Sterlings percussion will have you marching to victory; throw in Mr. Painless's DJ Vox skills and you are on to a winner!

If this band/album doesn't become an underground cult classic in years to come, then there truly is more than something wrong in this world.
A Classic album, which I would wholeheartedly recommend that you buy - now!
:o)