Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£27.32

on 31 October 2012
I'm not a professional electrical/electronics design engineer, but I am well qualified and a long standing hobby practitioner in the subject.

The book is full of details and explanations surrounding the practicality of transforming a good circuit design into a reliable, fault free reality. For a hobby I don't need circuits to pass EMC tests - but at least there is information to allow me to design and implement in a way which is aligned with best practice. Similarly for PCB design and layout, particularly for mixed analogue / digital boards.

The print quality is as good as one expects from Newnes as is the content. It will be a book picked up at different times during a project.
on 27 December 2015
Very technical but useful book. When you learn theoretical electronics or Arduino-by-numbers the world is simple. When you add in practical concerns and component variation and EMI life becomes more complicated. This book covers real-world practical stuff for circuit layout. It's helped me to clarify a few things and given me a few pointers for "good" vs "bad" layout design and issues I could see and niw identify or design out.
on 5 November 2013
I regard this as an essential reference that any practising Electronics Engineer would do well to have. Contains much of the need to know information you don't learn at university.