Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 January 2013
This was got for my sister who had just lost her husband and they used to lister to Gilbert O'Sullivan all
the time. She loved it.
on 12 December 2013
I had forgotten how catchy Gilbert's songs were until last week. near my house in Rome my local coffee bar was playing this cd! Well I loved it and was singing along and the other Italian customers were toe tapping and whistling! The sun was shining outside and i left the bar in such a good mood that i decided to send for the cd. Songs are really nice and all the hits are on there. The only one i cannot listen to is alone again it is hauntingly beautiful but it Always Leaves me with a lump in my throat!! I had a look at an interview of Gilbert on u tube and he comes across as such a decent person too. What a shame some of today's trashy "music" isn't a bit more like gilberts.
Highly recommend! his cd is sitting up with the best of them on my shelves! thanks Gilbert!
on 24 December 2012
If me you like certain artists but you want just the more popular music then this collection is for you.it contains all of his hits and some of the tracks that made his style unique.
on 13 December 2012
this is something different for my taste,thought i would only like selected tracks,but in fact i liked all ,very good
on 23 July 2012
It really was wonderful to listen to the songs on this CD. I'd forgotten how great the lyrics on Gilbert's songs are. The only drawback I've found is that for days after playing it, I couldn't get the songs out of my mind - We Will and Alone Again Naturally, in particular. Highly recommended CD and great service from Amazon, both in the price and the speedy delivery.
on 8 November 2015
THIS IS A GOOD ONE, GO FOR IT!! ORIGINAL STUDIO RECORDINGS AT A BARGAIN PRICE. NOT A GREAT FANFARE ABOUT THIS RELEASE, BUT IT`S AS GOOD AS ANY MORE EXPENSIVE "GREATEST HITS". YOU WILL BE VERY PLEASED WITH THIS PURCHASE! GREAT MELODIES, AND VERY TELLING LYRICS, GILBERT DUE MORE FAME NOWADAYS (2015). SURELY TALENT MUST BE WORTH MORE RECOGNITION ?
on 7 June 2012
The sad fact that Gilbert is not a superstar for the past 40 years,really only goes to show what little taste the public has when it comes to good music!
It is simply a crime that he is not up there with Lennon/Mccartney,Elton John and the like...
Buy,Enjoy,and like me,then say to yourself...what is wrong with the people in this world! :)
on 15 May 2014
As a Gilbert O'sullivan fan since the 70's it's not surprising that I think this is excellent, I've always loved his down to earth but beautifully and cleverly crafted lyrics. Every song means something to everyone at one time or another and the music is beautifully composed, with emotion appropriate for each story told.
I love it!
on 15 May 2013
You have of course need to be leaning towards the appreciation of Gilbert O'Sullivan (not necessarily a fan) to appreciate this fine collection. The seller gave a very competitive price and delivered as stated. No problem at all and happily playing the CD as expected I would.
on 19 May 2012
This is definitely the best Gilbert O'Sullivan compilation CD available. The only missing hit is 'Who Was It?'. So, who was it who missed it out?The Very Best of Gilbert O'Sullivan - A Singer & His Songs