5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read
Published on 21 Dec. 2011 by D P. McConville

3.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable light read
I enjoy most of the books in this series, good escapism though a bit predictable but this doesn't detract from an enjoyable read.
Published on 10 Jan. 2013 by Stephen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 21 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Return to Dakistee (A Galaxy Unknown Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
Yet again a brilliant read. I'd read it in 3 days flat and was disappointed when I'd finished it that it wasn't twice as long. I can see so many new story lines for the future. Interesting that it was all about Christa and Janetta hardly featured but that for me was a positive I didn't expect as it was good to see her character develop. I'm hoping it's not too long till book 9 comes out as there's still another sister who hasn't seen much action yet. Well done a great story and some fantastic twists. If you've read the earlier books you'll love this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 15 Jan. 2012
What a relief that this book wasn't a disappointment after such an excellent series. I was worried that any new miraculous feats by Jenetta would make the plot unrealistic. Instead we got to know Christa, finally understand Hubera's long- standing animosity, and link up several threads of the plot - the raiders, the scientists, space command, the nordakians, technology advances etc... It was great. I sat down and read it in one sitting. Couldn't put it down. Lots of action! No romance though. Please Thomas, don't condemn the girls to a loveless existence! No Jumakas either. We need some back story there! Thanks for an excellent read. Please don't make us wait too long for the next instalment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope There are 20 in this Series, 14 Feb. 2012
As like all fans of this author and this particlar series, I waited patiently for book eight.
Though in truth I was expecting it to carry on where it ended in book seven. I was curious as to how
this side trip of an adventure appeal to me and was supprised how it was used to tie up some loose ends! Though also opening up many more potential adventures for the less well known sisters!

I waited a month or so after reading this book and then decided to read the whole eight books in the series without any
interuptions other than eating and sleeping! Though the latter suffered the most :-) I was falling asleep in the early hours, having just finished one book and started at least one chapter in the next one before I reluctantly closed my eyes!

I am 55 years of age and my mother taught me the love of reading some 50 years ago. I mention this as over these some 50 years I have read many thousands of books. Therefore when I say, that this author and this series are some of the best I personally have read I hope people take this review of the whole series todate as a positive review :-)

I sincerly hope that this series will not end at book 10 ????

Respects

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent addition to the series, 3 Jun. 2012
Excellent story set in the immediate aftermath of "Against All Odds". It was good to see the focus shift from Jenetta to Christa.

I had slightly mixed feelings about the ending, and hope that this plot device will be used very sparingly in future. My only minor other quibble was with the dates heading each chapter. Jenetta appeared to receive the first communication from Dakistee too soon after the final battle in "Against All Odds", and the dates used for Chapters 21 and 22 implied that communications between Quesann and Dakistee/Earth took less than a week each way, rather than the two week minimum stated within ths book and implied by previous books. I feel that it would have been more plausible to have allowed the events in Chapters 10 to 21 to have taken plage over a period of four or five weeks rather than no more than the fourteen days implied by the date in Chapter 22.

Other than these very minor reservations, I thoroughly enjoyed the story and eagerly await future instalments in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice read, 16 Feb. 2012
A difficult call somewhere between 4 and 5 stars, I have changed this from 5 to 4 stars because, while the story that is told is complete, I do not think the story in this book is sufficiently strong enough to be read as a stand alone book without first reading the other 7 books in the series.

I read this book all in one go, without putting it down, so yes, great read, but did not meet my expectations for plot development within the series itself. Still gaps in logic from previous books, massive estates that needed funding to recover, and suddenly have recovered. Where are the economics? What happened to setting up trade, looking after the people on the planets, great co-ordination with Royal Family etc. all ignored.

Ordinarily I would not be impressed reading a book that just focused on this one area, but there is a very good balance between, exploration, action and discovery that keeps the reader involved, so enjoyed the read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Galaxy Unknown, 10 May 2012
Thomas DePrima has written an easy to read, imaginative and very enjoyable, A Galaxy Unknown series of Sci Fi books. Return to Dakistee maintains the same high standard of story telling as the rest of the series and as long as you read the series from the beginning you cannot help but be pulled into the story and wait eagerly for the next installment. He probably won't win a top literary prize for this series but then thats not the point, this series is entertaining, with some exellent characters and story lines, and the only complaint I have is the books are not long enough so don't quite have enough time to develop the background of the various characters any deeper, even so I am still a fan of the series and would recomend that anyone should read this series of books as you won't be disapointed.

A Galaxy Unknown (A Galaxy Unknown, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll on Book 9 and beyond !, 4 Jan. 2012
Well, I've just finished 'Return to Dakistee' and for me this was the best apart from Book 1. A rip roaring adventure of a book, with another heroine in the form of Crista Carver. But the best part was the end where there was a postscript saying the adventure of the Carver sisters will continue.

I cannot wait for the series to continue. If they all turn out the same way as this one then there will be a lot of happy readers especially me. For me this series has been one of the best things about the Kindle.

First class job to Thomas Deprima too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas DePrima my number one author, 16 Jun. 2013
This has been a great adventure series, it has everything even things I didn't know we're missing in other books. The suspense builds the characters are intriguing creating a truly atmospheric plot. I be looking out for new releases from Thomas DePrima with great anticipation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet again, just what the doctor ordered., 18 Feb. 2013
The story continues, if you have got this far in the series then you know what to expect. This installment does not let you down. Once again it cracks along at a good pace and keeps to the point. Well worth picking up and getting stuck into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Dec. 2011
M. Scott - See all my reviews
Excellent read yet again, DePrima's books are thoroughly enjoyable. I sincerely hope he writes more for this series. I wish i could say more about this book but I don't want to give away any spoilers!!! You will love the ending

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›