5.0 out of 5 stars a grower, 17 Mar 2012
Richard Thorn - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's Feeling Young Now? (Audio CD)
On first listen I was irritated and thought it was all a bit self indulgent. When I put it on again and concentrated it became utterly wonderful. It just gets better each time you hear it, but it is not background music and you have to pay attention. My god these chaps can play and whoever puts it all together is a genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Punch 2.0, 8 April 2012
This review is from: Who's Feeling Young Now? (Audio CD)
I went to see the Punches a few months back, and they played some of the songs off this album before it was out. Needless to say I was astounded by the instantly catchy melodies and gut melting harmony. Coming to this album with a taste of what was in store, I was not disapointed. This eclectic mix of acoustic songs are enjoyable on a purely superficial level as well as having great depth. You could write essays about this stuff.

This album is well worth the money, I say.

5.0 out of 5 stars different and highly talented, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Who's Feeling Young Now? (Audio CD)
Great sounds and a bit different, but very very talented and confident group, definitely worth a listen to.
I will be looking for their next release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Who's Feeling Young Now? (Audio CD)
I cannot rate The Punch Brothers highly enough. Superb musicians all, they play their socks off on this, their third album to date. Most of the songs are written by Chris Thile, one of the greatest mandolin players in the world. If you're looking for something that combines bluegrass, classical and contemporary American popular music, look no further. These guys are amazing. Check out "Punch" (the first album) and " Antifogmatic" (the second) too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary musicianship and arrangements, 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: Who's Feeling Young Now? (Audio CD)
I caught a radio performance of just one song from this band, and couldn't wait to find out more. I wasn't disappointed. Their songs are full of surprises and strange musical twists and turns. There's really nothing to compare them with.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite band, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Who's Feeling Young Now? (Audio CD)
I discovered the Punch Brothers on a visit to Milwaukee in August this year. They are so different to anything I normally listen too but their music is so infectious and their lyrics so clever that I came home a bought all three of their albums. I have just recently purchased their EP also. These guys are seriously talented musicians and absolutely brilliant live. I agree with other reviewers who have said some of the songs are growers but after a few listens every song is a gem. Well worth a listen. Can't wait for their next offering!

5.0 out of 5 stars Go see them ASAP!, 17 Nov 2012
Mr. T. J. Moyler (EXETER Devon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's Feeling Young Now? (Audio CD)
I LOVE this band. Having seen them support Paul Simon in Hyde Park in the summer, I have just seen them live in Bristol, UK. What can I say? 5 musical maestros, working together in perfect harmony - and including us in all the fun. Buy this new album now and go see them live while you have the chance. You will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Going To Get Better, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Who's Feeling Young Now? (Audio CD)
For safety's sake, don't drive or operate heavy machinery while listening to these guys. Absolutely entrancing stuff. Their cover of Josh Ritter's 'Another New World' did not make it onto this album, we have to wait until the next one apparently. Mind you, the live version Thile did in Whelan's, Dublin would probably be the only record you'd ever need. Desert Island Disc - geddit! (Catch it on you-tube, the best 10 minutes you'll spend this year).

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible. Buy this album!, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Who's Feeling Young Now? (Audio CD)
The new Punch Brothers album is an incredible work of art. Great songwriting, virtuoso musicianship, exciting, thrilling and addictive. Bought it yesterday and cannot stop listening. It's brought my old jaded ears back to life and I'm so grateful. Give it a listen. You'll not regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Punch Brothers. Who's Feeling Young Now., 12 Jun 2012
This review is from: Who's Feeling Young Now? (Audio CD)
After hearing The Punch Brothers live on Radio 2's Bob Harris Country show, I bought this album. After the first hearing I was slightly disappointed with some of the tracks, but in my opinion, they have a slightly different country sound, and each time I play the album, I enjoy it more. Maybe if this opportunity to review it had arrived at a later date, I would have probably given it all five stars, but after first hearing I would have only given it two, I think that four is the correct review.

Who's Feeling Young Now?
Who's Feeling Young Now? by Punch Brothers (Audio CD - 2012)