5.0 out of 5 stars Pardon the pun, but this album is fun.
Published on 31 May 2012 by K1ttycatUK

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointed..
Nathan, the lead singer, has a brilliant voice, so why such over use of a vocoder or auto tune? Really spoils the tone of the album for me.
Published 8 months ago by DK63

5.0 out of 5 stars Pardon the pun, but this album is fun., 31 May 2012
K1ttycatUK (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a cd or a band. I may be a bit older than the typical 20-something fan (okay, two decades older!) but thanks to these larger than life anthems and catchy tunes, I have been reborn into a giddy and squealing fan. I haven't felt like this in years. "Some Nights" is like a roller coaster ride. It will sweep you off your feet, take you by surprise and leave you holding on tight begging for more. All of the songs are catchy and upbeat - apart from "Stars" which is quite beautiful in its own way, hypnotising and surreal. I can safely say that there is not a bad track on this cd. I love them all and if you like "We Are Young", then watch out because that is just the tip of the iceberg. Tracks that especially stand out for me include the second single, "Some Nights", "Carry On", "Why Am I the One" and the bonus track,"Out On The Town". "Some Nights" is the perfect cd to kick-start your summer and a must have addition to your cd collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Nights I Wonder What I'd Do Without This Album!, 11 Jun 2012
Mr. S. C. Harvey (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
I purchased this album having heard an interview with the band on the radio one Saturday morning in April. The interviewer played 'We Are Young' - and I fell in love with it instantly. It offered something different to much of the current offerings from other bands, and musically it is a masterpiece. It is well-composed and vocally strong. I decided to take a gamble on the album - I loved the single so much, that I just had to pre-order it. Turns out to be one of the best albums I have ever bought. Instantly fell in love with the title track (the 'Some Nights Intro' is very clever) - with 'Some Nights' itself a very varied, powerful track. As one other reviewer has alluded to, if you like 'We Are Young', be prepared to be amazed! My favourite track has to be 'Why Am I The One', (I must have played it hundreds of times in the car!) - followed closely by 'Carry On' and 'I Feel So All Alone'. The only track I haven't played all the way through is 'It gets Better' - (perhaps I should play it through, it may indeed 'get better'! It just sounds a bit too 'Green-Day-ish' for my liking at this point). 'Stars' is another interesting track - It's different, and I like it, but I'm not too sure why! Every other track is simply amazing, and I can't get enough of this album. If you like 'We Are Young', you simply must buy this album! "Some nights I'm scared you'll forget me again... Some nights I always win... I always win..."

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 25 May 2012
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant album and instantly likeable. Most albums take me a few listens to get into, but this one is enjoyable from the first listen and for many listens after. The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is that there are a couple of dud songs on the album - one of which I have started skipping because it's really not good at all - but for the most part, this album is put together very well and the standard of most of the songs is very high indeed. If you think you might like fun's album after hearing We Are Young, you'd be right.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really is fun!, 28 July 2012
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
Like probably most people, the first song that I heard from Fun was "We Are Young". And I was hooked. This album was a must-have for me.

Besides "We Are Young", the band is at its best on tracks like "Some Nights", "Carry On" and "Why Am I the One". Those are my favorites from this album and in my opinion; those are the tracks that sum up the original sound of Fun. The rest of the tracks don't stand out as much, though they are also good songs.

This band is a bit hard to label. There seems to be a bit of this and that - and it sounds really, really good!

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just one popular song, 16 Sep 2012
L. Griffiths (South Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
I bought this CD on the strength of the one track "We are young" but was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed all of the tracks. Be aware that there is one very clear swear word on the CD in case you have young children you would not want to hear such language. Other than that it is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars All good, apart from the auto tune, 23 Jun 2012
C. Kitchin "cakeroyd" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
I love the way this album starts - really shows the personality of the band. The songs are very catchy, but not pop shallow. The only problem with it is the auto tune. I don't know if it's supposed to be a bit of 'fun', but I think it ruins two of the songs. Still, if you skip over those parts, the rest of the album is a blinder. Great to find new (to me) music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonkers but amazing, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
Totally awesome. Love it. I bought it on the back of the Some Nights song as I really liked it but I genuinely love every track. The opening song in particular is mad, but is beautifully arranged. There is some bad language which isn't great if you have kids listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Aug 2012
Edgar Nascimento (Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
Just amazing. A great album, with fantastic songs and nice lyrics, a real good thing of this year! To listen loud , to share with friends. I recommend this album to all people i know

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding Album, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
Having seen the band on the Graham Norton show, i decided to listen to the album excerpts available on MP3 sites.

Of the 11 tracks on the album, 8-9 are really good, of those 6 are outstanding.

The music is really "alive" and great to drive to.

The tracks "some nights", "all alone", "all alright", "why am I the one" are all as good as the single "we are young".

I am in my mid 50s and found the album really fresh and clever, with great lyrics and strong rhythm and drums.

DEFINITELY worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Nights - Fun, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
Best album I've bought for many years. Every track could be a number 1. Good to have an album that you don't need to skip tracks!Loved it!

Some Nights
Some Nights by Fun (Audio CD - 2012)