5.0 out of 5 stars SO GLAD IT'S ON KINDLE

Published 16 months ago by Janet Regina Clements

5.0 out of 5 stars SO GLAD IT'S ON KINDLE, 27 Feb 2012
Cristina (Verona, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BBC History Magazine (Kindle Edition)
I usually download the BBC History Magazine podcast and read the odd issue, but as I have been trying to cut down on printed books and magazines I was extremely glad to find this one on Kindle. It's perfect, just what I was looking for: a variety of articles on history, book reviews, a history quiz and much much more. I read the February issue during a flight and I was so engrossed that time just flashed by.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Love being able to read the mag on my kindle, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: BBC History Magazine (Kindle Edition)
I thought the move to Kindle might make it difficult to read, but the quality is still brilliant. much better than reading it on a tablet computer. better in colour version of kindle than black and white.

3.0 out of 5 stars one time try out of wi-fi kindle keyboard version BBC History magazine, 12 April 2013
This review is from: BBC History Magazine (Kindle Edition)
On the plus side, easy to navigate to different sections, articles, on my kindle, also text easily readable on my Wi-fi Kindle Keyboard - on the negative side pictures somewhat disappointing as only availlable in black and white - I was disappointed that I couldn't also download it to my pc as the pictures might have appeared in colour as they do when I have cookery books both on my kndle and on kindle for pc - that said having the text on kindle makes it an easily portable read - however a kindle subscription (probably incurrs VAT) is noticeably more expensive than a subscription for the printed version (which probably doesn't incur VAT). I am currently undecided whether I will take out an annual subscription for any version of this magazine despite thinking some of April 2013 edition was 'interesting'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same Price, None of the Clutter of the Print Version, 1 April 2012
takingadayoff "takingadayoff" (Las Vegas, Nevada) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: BBC History Magazine (Kindle Edition)
I haven't subscribed to BBC History Magazine in print version because (1) it's too expensive at around six dollars an issue, (2) the many ads in the print magazine give it a cluttered look.

There are no ads in the Kindle version. (I haven't noticed ads in any Kindle magazines, I wonder how long that can last...)

The Kindle version looks fabulous on the Kindle Fire, the photos and illustrations are beautiful. They are a little washed out and hard to make out on the Kindle Keyboard, as expected.

The content appears to be complete, aside from the ads: book reviews, feature articles, lots of short items are included. The frequent contributions of Dominic Sandbrook are especially welcome, as he makes anything, even the post office, quite fascinating. Not surprisingly, the history is skewed toward all things British, but they try to appeal to readers around the world.

I've been listening to the BBC History Magazine podcast for over a year now, and I'm glad to be able to finally add the magazine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Content, 20 Feb 2012
P. Gale - See all my reviews
This review is from: BBC History Magazine (Kindle Edition)
Having only ever read a handful of issues of BBC History Magazine on occasion, I couldn't resist giving this a try as my first Kindle magazine download.

The content of the magazine is fantastic, and has the same high quality that I enjoyed in the print editions. It doesn't feel stripped down or diluted for the platform, and the accompanying images make for great viewing - especially on a touchscreen platform (Kindle for Android).

A superb example of what Kindle magazines can be, but more importantly packed full of great History articles. Armed with only an "everyday" knowledge of History, even as a non-History-buff I was still able to get a lot out of the articles and expand my knowledge.

Thoroughly enjoyed and recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Magazine, But!, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: BBC History Magazine (Kindle Edition)
i have always been a reader of the history mag (hard copy) and have take out a trial subscription for the e-version, however i am a little disappointed that i cannot read it on my laptop, i would much prefer this, and i am hoping they will see fit to introduce this very soon, i may have to reconsider the subscription otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Magazine, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: BBC History Magazine (Kindle Edition)
Always great, varied content. Something for everyone and writers always offer different takes on historical events which provokes a lot of thought.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting Read, 30 Jun 2013
BS Cumbria (South Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BBC History Magazine (Kindle Edition)
Bought this particularly for one article flagged up on the cover - turned out to be a bit full of detail and not the easiest of reads. However, there were a number of other articles which proved wide-ranging and interesting; some insightful and absorbing material.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great on PAPERWHITE !, 28 May 2013
Dee (Hastings UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BBC History Magazine (Kindle Edition)
Viewed this magazine on Kindle Fire Hd early this year, was difficult to navigate on tablet , how ever have since sold my Kindle Fire and purchased Kindle Paperwhite 3g this product now appears on the device in a more readable state. Good content easy to read on Paperwhite, pictures are displayed in black/white, how ever they appear clear on the screen.

Will be purchasing this months copy ( June )

5.0 out of 5 stars You MUST use the kindle app for iPhones, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: BBC History Magazine (Kindle Edition)
If you download it to a kindle reader it is black and white and boring, put the same magazine on an iPhone or iPod touch and glorious colours as true as if you had the magazine instead. That is the only point I think hasn't been made already.

BBC History Magazine