on 9 July 2012
I ordered the cross trainer on Saturday and got it delivered for free on Monday. On arrival, the delivery man was not really pleased with having to climb 49 steps with a parcel weighing 47kg!! Took it out of the box and started assembling. Overall, it took about 2h30. The assembly was extremely straight foward especially as they give you the tools needed - even the screwdriver! Pluged it in and tried it straight away. I must stay being a gym aficionada, this amchine is as good as the ones you can find in a gym, the programmes are as detailed and professional. It is quite pricy and I would advice that you think carefully about your usage, etc. before buying but after reading several reviews on other similar products on the website, I decided that paying more was definitely the way forward. And so far, I am not desappointed!
on 12 February 2014
I'm not small, and wanted this to improve my fitness at home, I'm not one for going out jogging or the gym.

It took me a couple of hours to build, all worked just fine. I love it, it's quiet and the amount of programs is great. yeah, it's not small, but the dimensions are there to see, so there shouldn't be any surprises. When using it, it's really smooth, the amount of resistance changes when the program runs, it's not like changing a gear on a bike, like a jolt, it's really gradual, which is good..

I'm on my 6th week now, and I'm getting much better and the weight has started to drop off.

I've had an issue with a squeaking, which was initially solved by re-tightening a couple of bolts, but it came back, I checked the bolts which were fine, so i sent an email to Pure Fitness and Sports, who supplied the unit, they were quick in responding (within a couple of hours), they passed my details onto Kettler, who also rang me about the squeaky issue, they are sending out a part which solves the issue.

I'm told that the models that are now being sent out include this extra part (basically stops metal rubbing against metal), but all credit to them for getting in touch with me so quickly and have a free fix for me, what great service.. it's only when things go wrong that you find out who's good and who isn't.. Both Kettler and Pure Fitness and Sports are good.. well done them.

I'd have no problems recommending this, you'll not be disappointed..
on 1 February 2013
Just getting back into exercising and it seems to be doing the job. It's just as good as any in the gym. It can be a bit squeaky at times but in general a good machine.
on 29 October 2014
I Had to write this review. This was received as my previous Kettler Cross Trainer broke. Its my wife that uses it and she's not massive by any stretch!! Anyway, I bought it in 2012; It came with a 3 year warranty. To be honest, I was expecting a battle about it when it broke. It started wobbling around and my wife nearly fell off it. I had a look and saw it had very unusually sheared at the base. I contacted the distributor who asked me for photos which I sent in. They had a look, agreed there was a problem but said they had to contact the manufacturer about it as they had never seen the problem before: No bolts were loose: it had sheared at its base, Anyway, in 2 weeks they had replaced my old one with this on, taking the old one away in the process. It wasn't too hard to put together. Main problem with assembly appears to be that it comes partially assembled when you get it out of the box, which means you spend a significant amount of time looking for parts and thinking they are missing, only to find they're already on the machine.
Anyway, my wife loves it, thinks its much better than the previous one - not sure if they've changed the models.
The main point of my writing this is because I was somewhat sceptical about the aftercare of this model, I wrote as such on Amazon, however credit where credit is due. Excellent aftercare service within the 3 year warranty period. Well done and Thanks
on 9 September 2014
This is a great machine available at a fraction of the price of other brands. I have had one for two years and it's still works rather well. The controls are intuitive and obvious, the resistance solid enough for fairly fit people. My wife and I exercise an hour a day each and having an elliptical has saved us at least about 2000 in gym membership over two years, along with an hour a day roundtrip.

In addition, the reason I have rated the viteo P a five * is because of great customer service. I managed to burn the controller out by connecting the wrong adapter. Kettler were generous enough to send me the right power supply and the onboard controller for free within days. I'd recommend this elliptical very highly - no nonsense, no frills and built like a rock.
on 26 February 2013
i was searching for a good quality and affordable piece of equipment and when i came across this kettler cross trainer i was hoping that i will not regret buying it.
unfortunately this was not the case. i am disappointed big time. it is not as sturdy as i was hoping it is, i am 5'7 weighing 16 stones and when i work out it is wobbling big time, making this huge noise that it makes impossible to workout without headphones. feel sorry for my neighbours....
it is now 6 days since i started using it and everyday when i finish my workout my husband is checking cross trainer for any loose bolts etc but it doesn,t make big difference.also it takes a lot of space so if you want something compact this item is not 4u.

i think that this piece of plastic and metal is not worth more than 100pounds and i can not imagine how bad must be cross trainer that cost 100 pounds....
i will carry on using it because i could not afford anything better, but i don' t recommend it if you want to exercise regularly and if you are heavy weighted.
on 11 September 2014
Great machine and easy to built it up😉
on 10 October 2014
Too noisy.
The pillar is wobbly, and does not sit properly, resulting in an extremely grating squeak on use. If tightened, it would stay put and almost quiet for 5 minutes, then the screws got loosened enough and the squeaking came back.
I solved this by adding locking fluid to the screws.
It feels flimsy, but it does what it says on the tin. For the price, it is a perfectly acceptable piece of kit.
Assembly was time consuming, but not difficult. The screws didn't really fit (in the plastic bits) and there was a washer missing, that I had to obtain from elsewhere.
on 21 January 2015
Rubbish - had the Kettler Viteo for 8 months - had to get an engineer around within a month because it squeaked to the point my neighbours commented. The engineer replaced a part without even looking at the rest of the unit - like he knew what the problem was before he even had arrived.

And now - barely 8 months later it's started again - I asked for an engineer but 3 weeks ago I can't get a response. I am guessing this unit will be out of warranty shortly so I'm left with a unit that never worked properly from day 1.
on 17 January 2014
Love it! Was surprised my by Dad and brother who popped in during the day and assembled it while I was at work! They said it was pretty straight forward to do. I have just had my first go and am really pleased with it. 12 programmes to choose from or manual if you want. All the features on it you would find at the gym. I had a chest belt from years back and it worked with the heart rate monitor on the display which is really useful. I am not a lightweight AT ALL and it stood up to my hammering! It's much bigger than I imagined but I have it parked in the front room in front of the telly regardless - I am going to use it everyday! For the cost compared to a gym membership I think you are quids in