Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
on 9 February 2012
I'll get the negative out of the way first ...

The charger it came with charged the Tablet fine - but whenever i used it, the Tablet would not turn on while it was connected, and still not for an indeterminate time afterwards. If i connected it while it was turned on, the Keyboard went mental while trying to type. The USB cable it comes with charges it - but ridiculously slowly .... through trial and error i've ended up using a dedicated USB mains cable - that is actually a Charger for a Blackberry. This works a lot better than both the other two.

I've been experiencing audio sync issues when watching or streaming video. I have a 40mb connection and N router, so it's not that ...the Micro SD card is class 10, so it's not that ... This is the case in several different media player apps, regardless of audio setup, or wether it's on the flash memory or SD card.

Video streaming can be hit and miss on certain sites. 4od is a stinker, and youtube sometimes works better through the browser ... and sometimes works better through the app.

Some Apps in the Android market will not install on it - mainly Keis Air (for wireless file movement)

About 10 different picture viewing apps (including the built in one) I tried would not display any photos stored on the SD card. (it could see them if i browsed to the folder, but not open them) I had to move them to the flash memory.

Onto the Positive..

Build quality and screen are fantastic. The screen is very responsive. Fairly quick in operation - and despite the issues i've had.. it's a steal for just over £100.

However.......
If you have a Galaxy S2 phone - you'd be better off buying a high capacity micro SD card, and mini usb-HDMI adapter (phone to TV) - and you've got the same thing without any of the problems (and saved £60 odd)
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 8 May 2012
Well it's a generic asian non brand item made somewhere or other and shipped with a few glitches but I guess I kind of expected that. Google playstore apps often not available until you fix a problem with the device not being apparently compatible. There seems to be a fix online but I've not worked it out yet and seems to be fairly involved. Still, even without that, it seems to do the basics fine - skype, browsing, books, etc. Battery life not great.
My first tablet and I'm glad I got it but I guess you get what you pay for. Not a rave product.
Wendy seems to answer any queries but I can't imagine why they didn't fix these quite basic things themselves before shipping.
on 22 November 2012
i do enjoy the tablet and it fits my needs, however, the charger was foriegn and blew up giving me an electric shock and the seller are not responding and so far no replacement or refund. amazon are looking into it for me though and their service has always been A1 as far as i am concerned.
so, good infact great for the money but use the best seller - check out their ratings very carefully!
on 26 February 2012
I bought this mainly for my 4yr old daughter's use in Jan. 2012, however, I must confess that I have been the main user in the last couple of weeks.
This is the first tablet that we've owned in the household and we've fallen in love with it.
The battery life is reasonable; just over 4 hours of continuous musical games on it. Can manage up to 5-6hours just browsing or reading.

Good HD screen resolution and responsiveness.
Very light weight making it highly portable.
WiFi capability is good but could be better.
Although I haven't watched any movie on it yet, I'll say that in my opinion this is an fantastic product for the price I paid (probably a naive statement as I have no experience with other comparable products in the market)

Cons: No bluetooth (I may just be daft and can't find it as still getting used to the product), 2. can't find a fitting protective case to buy for it yet. 3. Whilst being very slim is a plus for this tablet, it doesn't feel durable/robust compared to some others in the market and only time will tell how long it will last. I only scored it 4 stars for this last reason.

NB; UPDATE Feb 2013
The power button stopped working and became slack. Screen shattered after 4 months from multiple abuse by daughter. Sent tablet to seller for repairs at £30 (including postage). Now has a new screen that isn't as good as the original one, freezes all the time and all our previous downloads disappeared. Battery life also shorter now (max 1.5hours)
To be honest, this is not due to product defect but rather an abusive use. In retrospect, shouldn't have bought this for daughter.
£140 pounds down the drain!

We now have a better, faster, and sturdy tablet in the household (although more expensive and I got a better protective case for it)
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 March 2012
First impressions - good build quality, clean lines, feels sturdy but light, great size to hold in one hand for use as ebook reader.

The screen is beautiful - perhaps more techy people would have a quibble with it re pixels or whatever, but to me, the picture is crisp and clear.

If you have an android phone, then you will have no trouble using this. If you don't, it's still very intuitive and a real pleasure to play around with. I wanted this for two main reasons - as an ebook reader, and to watch iplayer as I can't get it through my Sky subscription.

So - ereader - fantastic. Kindle app downloaded in seconds, and also to my phone so I can share books between them. Screen easily adjusted for brightness and to greyscale to rest my eyes. Auto-rotate works fine, a pleasure to read on. The tablet comes preloaded with an ereader which I haven't used, and I've also downloaded Aldiko.

Internet is speedy - I downloaded Dolphin browser - pages load quickly, easy to bookmark. I added TVcatchup to have access to Freeview (the app doesn't work on android but you can go directly to the website).

~So here's my quibble. Streaming video results in a lag where you hear the sound a fraction before the visual. It's not minutes out or anything, but it does make watching anything longer than a minute or so pretty unbearable. Although it says compatible with iplayer, I don't think you could really use it unless you really don't mind everything looking like it's been badly dubbed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling iplayer and Flash 11.1, and also setting the video quality to low - nothing helps. It's like this on all streaming - iplayer, tvcatchup and netflix - I contacted netflix before I bought, to make sure it was compatible, and they said anything Android 2.2 or above is fine (this is 2.3). I haven't tried downloading a movie to the SC card yet, perhaps that will be okay. If there's a fix out there for the sync issue, I'd love to find it, because the screen is so beautiful, it's really frustrating not to be able to enjoy a movie on it!

Incidentally, Youtube doesn't have this problem.

I'm still playing around and adding apps. One tip - holding down the homescreen with one finger and swiping with the other gives you a list of widgets etc to add to the homescreen, including a control bar for wifi, brightness etc.

All in all, a good piece of kit, but if I'd known about the video sync issue, I probably would have waited, saved my money and bought something else.
on 30 November 2012
I ordered this for a xmas present for my 14 year old son. I have opened it to charge it and set Wi-Fi up and download games so it's ready to go when he opens it on xmas day. Firstly, the manual was all in Chinese or Japanese whatever it was!The whole thing was in chinese/japanese and I had to figure out for myself how to find the settings and change everything to UK settings. The Battery Charger doesnt fit the port properly. Does the battery take forever to charge? Cos when I got it out of the box and turned it on, it was at 53%, that was 3 hours ago and it's still only at 59%.
Having said that, I have downloaded things from the app store and they seem to work fine, altho sound is poor and the volume buttons on the side dont seem to work, so I've had to use the settings option to set the sound. My son will have to use headphones if he is watching a film, as the sound is very low, even when set to maximum!
I cant comment on how long the battery life is, as its not charged to it's full capacity yet! I will comment further on my review once my son has opened it.
I would send it back, but so close to xmas, I'm worried I wont get another in time.
2525 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 29 December 2012
This is my amended review. the machine is generally good but i have had it over a month and the following things happen:

Does not like to start up, i have to plug in the charger and wait for the battery symbol to appear and then turn it on. If i don't do this it wont start.

Will not connect to any laptop or pc, tried several cables and machines.

The BIGGEST complaint is the product was purchased as NEW but it isn't. I downloaded a few games from Marketplace but these games had already been downloaded on this machine by another owner because it has his name and level details. The ONLY way this can happen it if someone else owned this tablet and previously downloaded the same games, the website for the games have my machines ID number on its database - clearly not NEW.

I am not impressed and wont be using Amazon again.

BEWAREE - make sure you know your product is genuinely NEW once received
The Good points:
Arrived bang on time
Worked straight out of box and connected to the wifi
Echo previous comments re build quality and performance - seems really good

The not so good bits:
My wife is deaf and I bought it to use speak to text software.
Anroid 2.3 supports this but the upload here is not right. I had to load the Google version from freeware and none of the other systems such as Vlingo or flext9 recognised the operating system and could not be sourced via android market.
There was also no response from the support e mail address when I queried it.

So overall this leaves me a little disappointed

Plus its not dog proof....but that's another story
on 26 April 2012
Very happy with my tablet now that I have the latest software updates with it. Easy to use with a good selection of apps to download from google play. Would recommend this tablet .
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 21 October 2012
A average entry level Tablet with pros and cons

Build quality is OK but not great, mine has a rather annoying "Click" when you press one corner and the SD Card port has been installed at an annoying angle (build mistake) which can make inserting the micro cards awkward.

Storage is good for such a cheap product. It will take you a while to understand the internal memory arrangements but this tablet has plenty of storage for the entry level user.

Processing power is fine, not had any problems yet. The tablet does seem to crash every now and then with no apparent reason. I still haven't got to the bottom of this.

The three function buttons take some getting used too and really should be illuminated.

The instructions are not great: basic, poorly translated into English and brief.

To date (October 2012) I have not been able to get Iplayer to work. Further reading reveals that Adobe Flash is no longer being made in a compatible format for Ice Cream Sandwich devices. This poses problems and longer term issues.

Moving on to playback, battery life needs to be mentioned. Its variable at best....Standby time is fine and as described by the seller. However simply using the tablet for web browsing and podcasts will cause rapid battery depletion. The item describes 6 hours of active life in my experiences to date, that's an over ambitious claim.

The pros are that not withstanding the above: the tablet has worked well and is simple to use if your familiar with Android Devices. The screen is responsive and video playback is fine. Picture viewing is a pleasure. Aesthetically the tablet is pleasing. Would I recommend it? Yes but there are issues with it.