5.0 out of 5 stars An Honest to God Brilliant Night, 20 Nov 2002
Ms. M. Thornton "aka megpie71" (Cottesloe, Western Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Irish Evening (Audio CD)
I've seen the Chieftains live, once. I got straight back home, and listened to this album, because it really does seem to encapsulate the whole experience of a Chieftains live performance. It really is like this album plays it.
There's the medleys, the guest spots, the Irish dancing, the whole lot. It's well worth a listen to if you're ever planning to go to a Chieftains performance, and it's probably well worth getting if you want to recapture the atmosphere of a performance if you've been to one before. About the only thing that could be better, aside from the real thing, of course, would be a DVD of it, watched on a big screen, with surround sound.
I love this album, it's one of my favourites. I swear, I've nearly worn the shiny off the CD by listening to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Next best thing to "live", 1 Sep 2004
Dave Barber (Hinckley, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Irish Evening (Audio CD)
Although I have never been lucky enough to see The Chieftains "live", this album must be the next best thing. It is another incredible masterpiece from one of the best bands ever to come out of Ireland + their talented guests. I own many of their albums, but this one must rate as my favourite. I was intrigued to find out how Roger Daltry could front a group of musicians like The Chieftains with such diverse backgrounds in music. I was not disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Afoot Tapping CD., 28 Feb 2012
Bought this cd as a present for my husband for his birthday alongside other things. By all accounts he was enjoying the sound as i thought he was about to jump out of his chair whilst wearing his headphones to start dancing, a sign of an authentic sounding cd i feel.!

4.0 out of 5 stars True artists, 21 Nov 2012
Love the music these laid back, talented Irish men play. It's a take it or leave it attitude from the group. They love what they do and have stood the test of time

5.0 out of 5 stars It Was An Irish Evening To Look Forward To, David, 31 Dec 2011
Top class music a good mixture and atop class product, exelant service, brings the Irish right into the room, a great CD to add to your library,David

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 23 Oct 2013
Cathal McLaughlin (Bangor, Ireland) - See all my reviews
Loved absolutely everything about this - the price, the music and songs were just brilliant. Recommended to all without a problem!

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Irish music., 2 Mar 2013
Mr. Peter Durham "hungry for history" (Oxfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
I collect the music of the chieftains and would not part with a single item. I seem to have known them forever.

An Irish Evening