Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Cloud Drive Photos Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 10 September 2013
This lens hood has a 52mm threaded mount and comes with a locking ring.

You just screw the hood on until the arrow on the hood lines up with the top index mark on the lens. Then screw the locking ring towards the lens to lock the hood in place (this prevents it from rotating freely).

On one of my hoods (I bought two) the locking ring would not screw all the way to the bottom of the thread on the hood. I decided this was because of a small 'flashing' left on the ring when it was moulded. I carefully removed this with a small piece of fine sand-paper and all was ok.

Be aware that this hood is designed for a 50mm prime lens only (not for a zoom!) and it is designed for a full-frame camera (fx), not for the common cut-down digital format (dx) on which it would be less than 100% effective.

Positive criticism : Well made for the price. Delivery was way ahead of that expected.

Negative criticism : There is no 'front thread' so there is nothing to securely retain a nikon lens cap which will surely fall out un-noticed... This could have been so easy to incorporate.
on 8 June 2013
there is nothing wrong with this lens hood, its very well made and fits perfect, the thing is I ordered the wrong one for my lens, which is a 18-55, and causes shadows on close up shots, this was my fault for not reading the spec properly, but I'm sure it will come in handy at a later date
on 2 May 2013
I honestly don't trust in reviews unless i try a product myself, and I barely do internet shopping myself, however I gave a chance and ordered this for my Nikon D5000

I now wonder how on earth did I ever mange without it! ! amazing, its not flimsy and fits well! however if anyone has put a bad review I am not sure why, as everyone is individual, and who ever has put great reviews, to them thanks for agreeing with me.!

You can only see the sides on your picture when you zoom out your lens and if its not fit properly

its a great product, and the delivery was prompt!

thanks
on 4 September 2014
The petal lens hood is ok not great, think if I was buying again I would go for the one that clips over the lens rather than screws on as it is a bit if a pain having to constantly screw it on and off as you can't put you lens cap back on with it screwed on, and it's rally fiddley getting it lined up properly and then screwing the adjustable ring down which is stiff. But I suppose what do you expect for the price, cheap and cheerful, we'll build though, wouldn't buy screw type again lesson learned always buy the one that cops over the lens much better and easier to use
VINE VOICEon 4 April 2013
I bought this for my Nikon 50mm f/1.8D. When it arrived I have to admit I thought it looked a right piece of junk. It doesn't clip on as most lens hoods do, it has a screw fitting, and on the thread is a ring that screws off, but won't screw all the way on??? I'm not sure what the point of that is?
So, I thought I'd have to send this back. Don't get me wrong, the actual hood is good quality, just as good as any other brand I have including Nikon, it's just the thread that was putting me off, but I thought I'd try it anyway.
I have a polariser fitted to the lens and just screwed the hood into the polariser. It's a good neat fit, I looked through the viewfinder and rotated the hood but it didn't appear on screen at all, and then I realised how easy it is now to turn the polariser, I just turn the hood. So, I went from rubbish to excellent very quickly.
The one drawback I can see is unless you are like me who never changes filters on lenses you will get fed up unscrewing the thing every time you want to change one. if you are like me and leave them on, this could be perfect. If you have a polariser fitted, you may find it as useful as me.
on 14 March 2013
Main selling point for this product is the price. As its not an official Nikon/Canon product, you don't get the hefty price tag that comes with them.

However, the quality of the product is not as good.

The piece is solid, somewhat plasticky but screws on easily and seems sturdy in general use.

The hood does produce a shadow in the image in the corners on maximum zoom.

Overall- great cheap alternative to an official product, so long as you don't use zoom excessively!
on 7 January 2016
This lens hood has a 52mm threaded mount and comes with a locking ring.

on 3 December 2014
This is cheap rubbish, don't waste 4 quid! It's £4 towards a Nikon one. I can't get it to screw on properly cos I have a lens protector Or line up properly. Then I can't get the lens cap to stay on. It doesn't reverse like my big real Nikon lense hoods do so it makes the camera another inch or so longer and doesn't fit in my camera bag. Seriously don't buy it. Oh and it came from the Far East so took over 2 weeks to arrive. It's going into the bin!!! If I could have given it zero stars I would have. My worst Amazon purchase in a long time
on 4 June 2013
A great lens hood that does everything it is supposed to. I'd give it 5 stars if there was a rotating mechanism as part of the hood, rather than having to adjust it by the screw fit when it just creeps into the shot (only really occurs at <50mm). Other than that, an absolute bargain. No need to fork out on expensive brand-made hoods when this does the job perfectly well.
on 29 October 2012
This is a cracking lens hood, the thread is a little tight but I screwed it on and off a few times and it's fine now. I actually like the fact that the thread is not a loose fit as it makes it less likely to unscrew itself off. I've got it fitted to my Nikon 50mm f1.8 and as well as performing the function it's made for, it looks good too!