4.0 out of 5 stars What a good yarn should be, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: In Legend Born: Book One of the Silerian Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this one. It has humour and action good strong characters and the story line is good. I admit I am glad to have it on my Kindle as I have nearly worn out my paperback edition this must the 4-5th time I've read it. Hmm A good yarn.

4.0 out of 5 stars took me ages to go for the plunge but glad I did., 20 Sep 2012
i kept looking at this book for a few months thinking the "ooo the description sounds ok and i do like a bit of relaxed fantasy".

... im only 34% (according to the amazing kindle) through and im so glad i took that plunge.
a few minor issues such as taking me awhile to grasp names (which may have just been my fault) and a few alien aspects such as a 'Jashar' and what is essentialy numchucks but with a diffrent name (youll see what i mean) and the hardest thing for me to grasp are the amount of (what i call) peculiar words/name calling.

But apart from them very minor issues it is such an amazing book and i will definatly be buying the other two in the series come pay day.

the characters within the book are brilliant constructed and you do start to understand each persons motives (except for Tansen but i think thats to come later in the book, also hes the most wonderfully complex person ive seen so far).

the storyline is understandable:

land conquered centurys ago and completly disarmed and all rebellions quelled which suddenly realises its much stronger then there conquerers led them to belive.

lots of beliveable scenarios such as the typical peasants having wild superstitions and over blown imaginations seemingly related to there uneducated backgrounds but showing logical/practical thinking within the things tyhey do.

only upset i really have is so far (may be wrong remember am only 34% through) is that the magic system hasnt been explained much.

but i would recommend this book to anyone who looks at it and goes "hhmm may do ill just save this to the wish list" Dont!!! buy it as soon as able and hopefully youll thank me for forcing your hand :)