5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle massage
Linda's book gently carried me along in what I felt was a soothing massage of ideas, scenes, senses and emotions.
With some unexpected moments jolting me into a different reality, just when I thought I knew where we were going!
It is a delightful read, one I would suggest as 'take for your holiday' - enJOY!
Published on 27 Mar 2012 by Vanda North

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe I read this to the end!
Published on 7 Jun 2012 by luigi

5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle massage, 27 Mar 2012
Vanda North "Joy Enhancer" (On the Planet) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Woman on the edge of reality by Linda Parkinson Hardman, 22 May 2012
Wendy Knee (Dorset England) - See all my reviews
It is a touching and moving tale of love and loss with an unexpected twist. I am sometimes irritated by the way stories are told back and forth, past and present, but Parkinson Hardman handled this very well and I enjoyed the short journey I went on in Rosemary's life. I recommend this book for it's sensitive handling of a woman who really is on the edge of reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pur Dha! A perfect chill out read, 26 April 2012
This review is from: Woman On The Edge Of Reality (Kindle Edition)
Just finished Woman on the Edge of Reality - just a lovely read, and I didn't see the end coming at all. A smooth as silk beautiful read, I felt a real heartfelt connection with Rosemary.

Good value for money - I hope you enjoy the storytelling

Having just returned from North Cornwall I felt I was wrapped in a cosy, snuggly blanket. In fact - I've just bought one.

Brilliantly fabulous.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe I read this to the end!, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Woman On The Edge Of Reality (Kindle Edition)
The Product description states this is a perfect read for fans of Elizabeth Buchan - don't be fooled by this as I was. That statement is unbelievably misleading. The story is boring and the narrative laboured. I began to wonder if the story wasn't an exercise by the author to use as many adjectives as possible to make it seem interesting (Example ......a knife just waiting for the moment it would spread the rich black jam and heaving cream across a silent, but compliant, scone).
Anyone encountered a non compliant scone?

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling guilty is no reason to not be you, 3 Jun 2012
This review is from: Woman On The Edge Of Reality (Kindle Edition)
Where do you go when you have a tricky problem to sort out or life has thrown you a curve-ball? This story is both relaxing and intrigueing; taking us, at a gentle pace, on a journey with Rosemary as she transitions to Rosie. Rosemary is like many of us and has a real life with real problems, she deals with things in her own way and I soon found myself wondering about all sorts of seemingly mundane things that happen, being drawn into her world and her thoughts. it was easy, even as a man, to relate to her story and the book is packed with metaphors for the many issues she is tackling on this break away. I fell into the trap and guessed wrong about the ending though, which actually pleased me as far too many books seem to dilute the reader's involvement and have rather obvious twists. There are even questions about some of the characters that I still find popping into my mind; Linda has left that to me to decide which is refreshingly brave of her. I'd recommend this book to anyone who wants to enjoy a beautiful tale of a woman seeking answers and challenging herself to allow the real woman within to blossom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get yourself a cuppa and a blanket and settle down to read this lovely book, 1 Jun 2012
This review is from: Woman On The Edge Of Reality (Kindle Edition)
Such a lovely story, I felt a real connection with Rosemary from the beginning. It makes you think about life, love and relationships. Set in the beautiful county of Cornwall, Rosemary takes you on a journey through her life and the decisions that have brought her to this little Cornish village. Loved the twist at the end (I honestly didn't see it coming).

Thank-you Linda for a beautiful story

5.0 out of 5 stars A deeply satisfying read, 1 Jun 2012
This review is from: Woman On The Edge Of Reality (Kindle Edition)
I can't write this review without some spoilers, sorry!

This book just could not but fail to appeal to me, having read so many American books lately, this is set in Cornwall, familiar and lovely to me. A single woman, Rosemary arrives at a holiday cottage to spend a week's break.

There is virtually no dialogue, but the minute by minute details of how she spends her time. This could be tedious, but there is just the right balance of inner thought and action that you get drawn in. You wonder why she is there, and slowly you begin to get hints. She's running from something and she's carrying a load. She explores the village and meets people - it reads almost like she's coming home as she makes acquaintances. There is an instance where she finds an abandoned house, it really was like you were being prepared for her to buy it and move to the village, but now, I think it's a huge metaphor for her life. I could empathise with how she began to hear and feel nature around her as she wraps herself in silence.

She rashly goes swimming on her own, and nearly drowns, bringing more to the fore about her life, her marriage to James and the new person she is becoming. Rosemary has been becoming Rosie over the years as she realises how her marriage is based on lack of communication and avoidance of intimacy. I didn't see the twist at the end, I felt there was going to be a way to reconciliation, and that her mystery lover was her husband. There is a little intrusion of the narrator spelling out Rosie's perspective but it's a light touch.

A gentle story but powerful as Rosie moves into her new self. Loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and introspective, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Woman On The Edge Of Reality (Kindle Edition)
'Woman on the Edge of Reality' is a gentle, introspective read with some insightful observations on life and relationships. It also delivers a soft nudge to remember to slow down and tune into ourselves and our surroundings, observing and savouring each moment. We can learn a lot about ourselves with a cup of tea and some moments of stillness . . . if we are prepared to take that important inward journey, that is!

I read this when I needed something more relaxing than the epic fantasy and thriller books I also had on the go.

If you're not sure whether this book is right for you, then please read the Kindle sample.

4.0 out of 5 stars An engrossing read. I loved it., 11 Sep 2012
I've just completed my second reading of this novel, which tells you that discovering the final twist (which I didn't guess) isn't necessary to enjoy this intricately worded exploration of an inner journey. Allow yourself the space to relax into the writing and match its pace, which in turn matches the shifts in mood and self-understanding of the main character. The more active moments come when interaction with others interrupts her self-absorption and allow her to test out her 'new' identity. Of necessity she then returns to isolation (and tea) to help integrate this new person. You know what? I'd like to know more about Rosie in a follow up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this book., 15 July 2012
This review is from: Woman On The Edge Of Reality (Kindle Edition)
I wish I had read some reviews on this book...and were those who gave this drivel 5 stars reading the same stuff as me?
I can't believe they were!
How many cups of tea can one woman make(and drink?)
It was tedious and badly written, I should've junked it.
This book would have been too long at 15 pages.
Boring, boring, boring. Do the dusting instead.Shame it can't be given NO STARS