I bought this as it is played regularly on my local radio station but they often do this with "indie" or "pop" artist(s) & if they are a "one hit wonder" who are not "the best from the 60s 70s or 80s" they are never played again.

I recommend checking out Kimbra's other songs/videos.
Published on 12 Feb. 2012 by Mr. P. Bell

3.0 out of 5 stars Catchy tune - purchased for iPhone
Enjoy the beat, catchy tune enjoy listening on my iPhone when travelling on the bus or train.
Would recommend to friends.
Published on 4 Jan. 2013 by Bev Everett

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotic - & Kimbra makes this a must have in your collection, 12 Feb. 2012
Mr. P. Bell (Northern Ireland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Somebody That I Used To Know [feat. Kimbra] (MP3 Download)

I recommend checking out Kimbra's other songs/videos.

5.0 out of 5 stars somebody that we ought to know, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Somebody That I Used To Know [feat. Kimbra] (MP3 Download)
Everybody's heard it, some people loathe it, some love it.
OK so it has to be said it's not often these days that you see Ausy musicians in the UK charts, well mostly Ausy in this case, Gotye(Wally De Backer) is originally from Belgium but moved to Australia pretty young as far as i can tell and Kimbra is a New Zealander.

The first time i heard it i thought "wow didn't know Sting had anything new out" and it has to be said this song has an unerring nack for sounding like other artists, I've heard lots quoted but the common ones seem to be Sting and Peter Gabriel, which is never a bad comparison in my book.

Also whats quite nice about it is, while it is, at it's heard a very well put together pop song it has that indie feel which just isn't in the charts these days, i mean the bass-line in this song isn't done on a guitar or a cello it's sampled on a fence which Gotye thought would "sound good" and no i'm not kidding.

Now this records has been on pretty heavy rotation in the UK this year and rightly so, after all is is pretty damn good, but it's often billed as "Gotye-Somebody that i used to know" which rather misses the standout point for me, simply put: Kimbra, although she does only get about 4 lines in this song without her it would be flat. OK so Gotye wrote, produced and arranged this song and it's on his album but all the same i still find myself waiting for when Kimbra chimes in.

I would conclude that if you like this song and find yourself wanting more, much like i did, take a look at Kimbra's album "Vows" not just the standard edition but the deluxe or Australian tour editions, which i where brought to my attention due to this single, for that i'm exceptionly grateful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds like Sting's love child!!, 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Somebody That I Used To Know [feat. Kimbra] (MP3 Download)
I don't know much about this artist/band as I purchased this track on a recommendation by a friend but he sounds so much like Sting in parts of this song it is spooky. That aside, the song is great. But maybe best avoided if you are not a fan of The Police or Sting's solo work!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerising, 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Somebody That I Used To Know [feat. Kimbra] (MP3 Download)
It is not the most obvious tune, but it definitely has a hook. The lyrics are true to life too! One of the most interesting pop songs I have heard in the last few years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Where's the video ?, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Somebody That I Used To Know [feat. Kimbra] (MP3 Download)
I purchased this version from the extensive list of MP3 download versions as this had "+ Video" in the title so I assumed, wrongly, that the video came with the song if you purchased this particular MP3 download copy. Once purchased and downloaded, I was surprised to only find the MP3 song; what happened to the video ? This has taken the shine off of the purchase because I really like the song but also wanted the quirky video as well. Shame !

5.0 out of 5 stars Somebody That I Used To Know track, 16 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Somebody That I Used To Know [feat. Kimbra] (MP3 Download)
Amazon gave me a £1 free credit, thanks Amazon, so I downloaded this great song, I never download CDs or track before much prefer to have the original CD to convert to FLAC and then play on my Squeezebox Server. The MP3 quality from Amazon is very good at 1411.2 kbps.

4.0 out of 5 stars great song, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Somebody That I Used To Know [feat. Kimbra] (MP3 Download)
I first paid attention to this song two weeks ago after it was played regularly on Magic radio station. My son told mel that it was not a new tune. Never even heard of Gotye before but it's as if a spell has been cast by this song. Compelling listening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotye, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Somebody That I Used To Know [feat. Kimbra] (MP3 Download)
Absolutely love the song, but am unable to play it, as the file extention is "amz" and windows media player doesn't support this. I thought I was downloading an M:P3 version...obviously not!
Help...have paid for the song and can't hear it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Song with great feeling, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Somebody That I Used To Know [feat. Kimbra] (MP3 Download)
Powerful song with depth and feeling, lyrics that reach out.
A song that people can relate too.
As with all popular song, its the words that reach out and touch
you, in a way that washes you with emotion, and powerful feelings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ringtone for my mobile, 17 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Somebody That I Used To Know [feat. Kimbra] (MP3 Download)
Love this song introduced to me by my daughter - loved it even more when Lewis Smith and Flavia won Strictly Come Dancing - one of their amazing dance performances was to this song by Gotye - now got it as my ringtone for 89p from Amazon.