5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, effective, and durable training fins.
These cut-down fins are intended to improve kick muscles and technique, rather than give any great increase in propulsion - for that fit bigger fins! They are not the same as Zoomers, which are a bit shorter and have a wider rib on the sides of the feet.

Published on 22 May 2011 by R. F. Stevens

1.0 out of 5 stars split at first use
Not sure these are up to vigorous use - my 10 year old son wore them for the first time during his swim club session and they split!
Published 22 months ago by Vk Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, effective, and durable training fins., 22 May 2011
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

They are cast from just one piece of rubber, with no joins to fall apart. I think this is a great plus point, because all my previous fins have rapidly disintegrated where the different stiffness plastic and rubber meet. These seem to be showing no signs of distress at all.

They are comfortable if you manage to find the right size for your feet. The heel is a perfect fit for my feet. I was initially concerned that the toe aperture would cut into the top of my toes, but in use I do not seem to notice any discomfort nor develop blisters or chafing.

I am a normal UK adult shoe size of 8 to 9 1/2 (depending on manufacturer), and need a wide fitting. My Blue Finz state that they are UK size 8.5-9.5, EU size 43-44, USA size 10-11, also 270-275mm is written on the fins. The overall length is 340mm from the point of the heel to the tip of the fin, and they are 170mm across at the widest point. The actual foot space is 260mm to the end of the sole patch at the toe-tips, and 238mm to the edge of the opening over the toes.

And, yes, they have helped me find my crawl kick a bit more often. But there is a long way to go yet for me; the pool is not too keen on swimmers with fins, so before using them I have to wait until the lane is almost empty or the others are faster than me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finn-tastic!, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: Zoggs Silicone Blue Finz (Sports)
I would normally never write a review for a product but these Zoggs Finns are so good that I am making an exception. They are lightweight (compared to scuba diving finns), easy to put on/take off and they really improve your swimming. They make you swim much faster and more smoothly. An excellent purchase and I would definitely recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pool Fins, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: Zoggs Silicone Blue Finz (Sports)
Excellent choice for using in a pool to practice swimming techniques & to strengthen legs. These fins fit snug & they don't hurt my narrow, bony feet, but don't worry if your feet are wide, they will stretch a little & still be comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoggs Blue Finz - not just for the pool, 9 Aug 2012
This review is from: Zoggs Silicone Blue Finz (Misc.)
I bought these for wild swimming in the sea along with wet suit, mask and snorkel. Didn't want anything too big and cumbersome - just something to give a little more speed when going from A to B. With this sort of thing the main difficulty of buying on-line is getting the size right. I am a size 7 fairly wide foot, so ordered the 7-8 size. When they arrived I tried them on at home with bare feet and thought they were going to be a bit too tight. However, when I put them on for swimming I was able to use them over a pair of thin neoprene socks and they were extremely comfortable. Must have had hot feet the first time! A friend who is normally a size 5.5 - 6 got the 5.6-6.5 size and also used neoprene socks underneath - very good fit.
They are if anything even shorter than I expected, but that means you can walk down to the water's edge over rocks and weed with them on quite easily. They provide just a nice amount of extra propulsion in the water without much extra effort and were comfortable for a swim of about a kilometre and a bit of messing around in-between! About an hour in the water altogether. No muscle pains the next day (at 55, you tend to consider these things important!)- so very successful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for snorkelling, 25 Nov 2011
Just taken these on a holiday to the Carribean. The fins are really comfortable and give you a nice boost in the water. In my opinion they don't give a huge amount of extra speed but take the effort out of swimming. They're smaller than full size fins so good for travelling and also walking on the beach. I would definitely recommend for snorkelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab should have bought them sooner, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Zoggs Silicone Blue Finz (Sports)
Sizing is accurate just go by your usual shoe size.
Fit is great as they are really soft on your foot.
The way they help is that when swimming they raise your feet to the surface into a floating position, making your whole body in the right position for swimming.
When I wear them the kicking action is so easy that I don't have to think about kicking, I can concentrate on my breathing and arm technique.
I am a novice swimmer, and prior to wearing fins would kick like mad but not actually move anywhere, but I find that my kicking technique has changed after wearing them and now without them I can swim and actually move!
These fins are giving me confidence in the water and what's more an effective workout.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Zoggs Silicone Blue Finz (Sports)
I wanted some training fins but did not want to spend a fortune on something I possibly would not use to often. I was a little concerned about how well they would fit but when they came I was really surprised, they fitted snugly although perhaps a little heavy initially but when I first tried them I was amazed at the difference in my performance from such a short blade. Really good value, I use them three times a week for short spells to help strengthen my ankles and improve my kick and it seems to be working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Zoggs Silicone Blue Finz (Sports)
The short fins help build up strength, opposed to the long ones that aid propulsion, if your coach wants short fins these are fab, sizing is accurate, but if in between sizes go for the smaller.

1.0 out of 5 stars split at first use, 17 Feb 2013
Vk Cook (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 23 July 2012
This review is from: Zoggs Silicone Blue Finz (Sports)
I didn't know which to choose out of the many styles on the market but I'm really pleased with these. They are not too cumbersome, fit very well, easy to get on and perform poerfectly. Excellent.

Zoggs Silicone Blue Finz