5.0 out of 5 stars The Road to Vengeance, 3 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Road to Vengeance (The Strongbow Saga) (Kindle Edition)
It just gets better and better! The Road to Vengeance is Judson Roberts' third book of 'The Strongbow Saga', and in my opinion the best to date. It is, without doubt, a riveting read where Halfdan collects his ransom from Genevieve's father for her safe return. Next stop, Paris, where a daring plot is hatched against the Franks.

Unlike Dragons From The Sea (book two), The Road to Vengeance has real closure, rather than an abrupt end, and for me marked the end of what I really felt was three small books that could have easily been one. Historical Fiction is my favourite genre and based on Judson Roberts three books so far in The Strongbow Saga, I would suggest that as a writer, Judson is out there with some of the best names of the genre: Bernard Cornwell, Robert Low and Conn Iggulden etc. and I really do look forward with relish to reading his next instalment, which, according to his website, will be in the early part of 2012.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongbow Saga, 14 April 2012
I read the reviews on the Strongbow Saga as most said it was a good tale and enjoyed them I decided to give it a go.
Once I finished Viking Warrior I wasted no time downloading Dragons from the sea and The Road to Vengeance.
I know it's often a matter of personal taste but all I can say is that the story held my interest and I really enjoyed reading them and hope it's not too long before the next part of the Saga is available to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Road to Vengeance (The Strongbow Saga), 3 April 2012
I found the book predictable ---- but enjoyable and I've even read volume 2.
I'm now waiting for volume 3 and according to the author's website, it should be out this year.
Fans of the "Whale Road" saga will I believe, find some similarities.

Lets face it, authors who delve into this period of history to entertain us mere mortals are allowed some poetic liecence to put skin onto the skeleton of historical fact.

Well worth a read!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, 18 Jun 2008
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Halfdan's quest for revenge continues in the third book of the riveting and highly entertaining STRONGBOW SAGA.

He returns to his ship and captain with his prisoner, Genevieve. But he finds it difficult to protect her while at the same time fending off attacks from Toke's men.

THE ROAD TO VENGEANCE is a vivid, honest portrayal of the trials and tribulations of life in the 9th-century, and it delivers an unflinching look at the many realties of that time period.

This is one high-spirited adventure novel that you won't soon forget.

Reviewed by: The Compulsive Reader

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 16 April 2014
These books are loosely written around historical events; the characters develop well and are believable and you want to know what happens to them next.

4.0 out of 5 stars whats next, 6 Sep 2013
enjoyed this as much as the previous two books iam awaiting the next with great anticipation where to from here

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as exciting as books 1 & 2, 17 July 2013
It was still as good a read as the other 2 but I was disappointed not to see a settling up between Toke and Halfden. Still, this means that book 4 is in the pipeline. I just hope it doesn't take as long to reach the Kindle market.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB!!, 7 May 2013
Mr. Paul M. Rushton (the UK) - See all my reviews
The writer Judson Roberts is one of the best authors i have ever read! His ability to enthrall and capture his readers are second to none! I found myself addicted to his saga and needing more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 2 May 2013
I enjoy reading about this era, so thought I'd give this series a go. Very short stories, but full of action and atmosphere. My only qualm is that the hero seems to have 21st Century sensibilities - I'm not sure someone in that day would have had any qualms about slaughtering prisoners, the rights and wrongs of raids and considered women his equal.

Am looking forward to the next instalment - which is well overdue !

4.0 out of 5 stars strong bow saga book3, 1 Mar 2013
Nice read good story line with realistic characters well worth a read if you have a few hrs spare ta

ARRAY(0xa7623780)