5.0 out of 5 stars great!!!!!, 7 Sep 2008
Finally we get a chance to read Shakespeare stories in a modern way!
I was so facinated by this book that I started to read it aloud to my 7-year-old daughter who speaks English as a second language.To my delight, she was really interested and asked me to go on till I finished the story.
The story is about two twins, a boy and a girl who are travelling on a ship that is wrecked. The girl manages to hold onto her brothers trunk until she reaches land. She's afraid to be a girl all alone, so she wears her brother's clothes and pretends to be a boy.She finds a job as a page to the Duke,who is in love with a countess who falls in live with the twin-sister thinking that she's a boy.The twin-sister falls in love with the Duke,but he thinks she's a boy!I can't tell you the rest, because then I would spoil your pleasure, but I can tell you that it's a very intriguing story and it's written in an ordinary way(not in old English ).
It's the perfect book if you want to introduce your children to Shakespeare.

4.0 out of 5 stars Twelfth Night, 4 Dec 2011
Sebastian, Viola, Olivia and Orsino are the main characters in Tewlfth Night. My favourite character is Viola because she dressed up as a boy after being in a shipwreck with her twin brother Sebastian who she thought had died. Viola fell in love with the Duke Orsino while she was working as his page, but she couldn't tell the Duke because he thought she was a boy. I also liked the Countess Olivia (who the Duke loved) because she fell in love with Viola when she saw her dressed up as a boy. My favourite part of the book is the ending. A sailor finds Sebastian and brings him back to Viola. This meant that Olivia could marry the real Sebastian and Orsino could fall in love with Viola. The book made me feel happy because Sebastian came back. I would recomend this book to a friend because it was a funny book and had a happy ending.

By Isis Tallulah (Year 3).

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter (7 years) loved this book, 1 July 2014
My daughter (7 years) loved this book. She is really into Shakespeare right now. I would recommend this book to 7+

5.0 out of 5 stars Speed-read Shakespeare, 26 Nov 2012
Needed quick catch up on the story and to explain to young daughter.....this was ideal. Simple, true to story, illustrated. Job done. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The fabulous Twelfth Night!!, 21 Oct 2010
We read this book as a class and we loved it!!

Our favourite part was when Sir Toby Belch and Sir Andrew Aguecheek wrote a letter to Malvolio as if they were Olivia. They told him to wear yellow cross gartered tights so others would think he is mad!!

When the ship sunk at the beginning of the book, it created suspense as we didn't know whether Sebastian had died or not .....

The author used fantastic adjectives to describe the characters.... for example .... Sebastian and Viola were alike as two raindrops..... they had winning smiles.... they had bright blue eyes.

It was a very funny story~ entertaining for everyone!! But it could get confusing at times!

We have done lots of writing based on the book and we recommend it to anyone who wants to read a Shakespearean story!

From Emerald Class, Ealdham (Year 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I almost pooped myself yesterday!, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Shakespeare Shorts: Twelfth Night (Kindle Edition)
This is well cool! Owned you little lameo's! Want some choice? You can't havvy!
Roll up roll up
See the giant elephant,
Watch out son, don't tickle is bum!
(To late dig him out)