Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 30 May 2012
I actually genuinely enjoyed this book, and found it an excellent read. However, i was not able to give it 5 stars simply for the sheer number of spelling and grammar mistakes made, which at times madeit irritating to read.
on 3 November 2013
This book is the first great book of the amazing trilogy of Velesi, it is written about a young girl - Lily who lives a fairly normal life,until two Velesi princes one being her betrothed, who she doesn't know, come to her rescue when an arrow comes shooting her way by an old enemy; the Ange who are hell bent on destroying Velesi and kidnapping Lily for their own personal use! But the two princes aren't there to just save Lily's life, they are there to take her back to their realm,Velesi, to have her full fill an ancient prophesy and marry her betrothed. Along the long trip to Velesi the princes and Lily must face many problems and battles along the way all from the Ange and other beasts in order to save Velesi.

This is a great book I LOVE IT! I especially like how L.Filloon showed the reader Lilly's point of view and her betrothed's making you see their relationship and how they react to all the different situations. I fully recommend this book!
( Unfortunately there is quite a bit of gammer mistakes, but I didn't mind.)
on 2 March 2013
First off, I don't know why other reviewers complained about selling and grammar mistakes because there weren't that many of them and it didn't detract from the story for me - especially since I've read books with mistakes every other paragraph.

I loved this story and will immediately be buying the next one. This is a fairly fast-paced novel that instantly grabbed my attention and held on with sheer determination. The only warning I will give you is that it ends on a cliff-hanger; not so annoying in this case since the next book is available now.

I would recommend this book for people who loved the Iron Fey series or even the Dark Swan series. Even of you're not sure, like I wasn't at first, give a book a go. At this price it's definitely worth a read!
on 29 December 2012
I love the characters and I am definitely reading the next one! Perfect for 12+! Also I loved the feelings between the main characters and I know that this author has a great talent that captured my interests in many ways! I literally never put this book down, the amazing thing is that even the side characters ooze emotions and catch your attention at every single second. Another perfect factor is that it uses 2 different points of view which shows both sides of the story and helps create a picture in your mind about what is happening. So to conclude my review it is an extremely great book and uses modern terms to twist your view on mythical creatures, I could never put it down!
on 8 April 2015
I just finished the series and came back to the first book to write this review.
Filloon creates an amazing atmosphere and has you falling in love with the contrasting, strong willed and witty characters from their first words. Each are so different yet the story mixes so well.
Not only that, but Filloon is able to mix humour with how, tragedy and love effortlessly and has you begging for more by the end of it.
The series is beautifully written with characters so relatable you can't stop yourself from feeling every one of their emotions. Simply stunning.
on 20 February 2013
The binding is a brilliant read. You can really communicate with the characters and feel what they feel. To be honest it's better suited to 13 - 16 year olds but is the best read I've gain ages

THANKS L.FILLOON
on 20 January 2013
This wasn't a book that I felt a need to keep reading so I did take some time over a few days, I was easily able to dip in and out although I will say on a few occasions I felt the book lost me to unimportant information that bored me slightly, there are a few mistakes such as spelling or poor use of writing but it didn't make me give up, I do enjoy a fantasy story and being taken into a new world of a writer's imagination so I am intrigued as to how the story unfolds.
I feel it may be slightly predictable, so far Tharin the Prince who is desperately fighting to protect his betrothed Lily, A lost girl he had no feelings for, but an obligation to keep his family and clan together as the treaty states he should then becomes a beautiful woman who positively and annoyingly surprises him throughout their journey back to Velesi causing them of course to fall in love facing difficulties along the way.

I'm presuming the trilogy will end with Tharin and Lily fulfilling their destiny and marrying as the treaty stated they would or we will see how their marriage is at risk of pulling the clans of Velesi apart because of Lilys tie to her family. Either way, or maybe I'm wrong I do want to continue with the other books and will say you should make your own judgement and give this as read.
on 1 August 2013
If you would like to read a book a grips you from the first to the last page, this is the trilogy for you. You can imagine your right there. A must read for anybody that just enjoys a good story. L.filloon is a fabulous writer and I can't wait to read any book she writes.
on 18 October 2015
A wonderful set of books, great story...absolutely loved Tharin and lily..tolen and julia...alorn (wow...and all the others..like family! MORE please.....queens and kings...prince and princesses.....demons..witches..dragons and more
on 28 January 2013
Really enjoyed this book. The proof reading side of the publishing leaves a bit to be desired, but the story is fun and hooks you straight away. Read second book straight after and now can't wait for book 3.