5.0 out of 5 stars Great case
Great case. Loads of space inside the case, more than I saw on the internet. Reality is better.
Published on 26 Mar 2012 by Daniel Corbu

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I was disappointed with this case. I have built two systems recently and for the first one i went with a Fractal Design R4 which was completely silent and solid as a rock. Being more expensive I expected the Corsair Obsidian 650D CC650DW-1 to be better still but unfortunately that's not the case. The case rattled straight out of the box and the interior disk caddies are...
Published 25 days ago by Grey Goose

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 26 Mar 2012
Love almost everything about it. The only thing I would say it is missing would be more space behind the motherboard/ inside the back panel for stacking the cables. Do not get me wrong, has enough of space for cables, but I would of enjoyed a bit more, 2 more cm would of been great. Else, definitely a great buy.

Would buy again if having to choose.
Good shipping, though a rip in the packaging right in front of the acrylic scared me. But everything was whole in the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars If I could, it would be 4.5 out of 5 - a monster of a case, albeit with a few flaws that detract from the overall quality, 15 Feb 2014
First up, this case is massive and I mean, beastly massive. With the mobo in there and a couple of 780s, the amount of space left with which to work is fantastic and makes building a new rig a much more pleasurable experience.

Lots of room for drives (space for 6 standard and 3 more hot-swap) and space to install another 3 slot cage if required.

There are a few negatives, however, which you ought to be aware of...

1) Screwing gear into the slots isn't all that easy, because the back plates that are removed to allow access for soundcards, GPUs. etc are behind a big lip of metal. Curved screwdriver with magnet is essential here, or you risk some frustration.

2) The HD cages are quite flimsy compared to the competition (in my case, a HAF-X was my prior build case). As such, even when clipped into the cages the drives easily come loose if you're moving things around or tipping the case. I even had a couple of broken latches on the front that I had to fix manually.

3) The bottom of the case, both sides are flaps that drop down to allow access to HD cages and such without having to open the main side panels. However, these only close via two small magnets and when your cabling is all setup and you put the side window panel back on, sometimes the flaps just don't stay shut. I wish Corsair had supplied an alternative latch to the magnets, so for now I have an open ticket with Corsair on what I can do to make sure they stay closed.

So yeah, the best case I've ever owned without a doubt and something I can't see being upgraded anywhere in the future. However, just a few niggles keep it from greatness and you can't help feel they've taken a plastic/cheap route in some areas where, for the price, they really shouldn't have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody brilliant!, 28 Oct 2014
Every reviewer out there praising this case is absolutely right. It's a huge, amazing, well-built case.

A full ATX motherboard looks like an add-on board in it. The smoked window on the side panel is screaming for some LED strips / LED fans. Ample space for water cooling loops, decent sound proofing (nothing's rattling inside), excellent materials, decent cable management space at the back.

The only downside I can think of is the thickness of the side-panels (would've loved them to be a bit more sturdy and possibly have a latch instead of the thumbscrews). It's a bit expensive but you do get what you pay for. Can't imagine changing this case in the near future for anything else.

Would recommend: 4.8/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case For Someone Who Likes Good Cable Management, 17 May 2014
This case is great! it provides everything, many fans and radiator positions. The case has a nice clean look, the fans that come with the case are brilliant and do the job. The side window is excellent

Pros:
Roomy interior
Great cooling
Side Window
USB 3.0 header
Great for exspansion

Cons:
Case cables such as HDD LED are way too short and I did have to pull and tugg to put those cables in
Power button is a bit tough to press

5.0 out of 5 stars A case with a good compromise between space and footprint, 12 May 2014
Excellent case, putting together a PC in this case is a breeze due to the amount of space you have to work with. In my opinion its a very good compromise between space for components whilst maintaining a relatively small footprint

+ fits H100i
+ fits large ATX PSUs, I have a 1200w fully modular installed(reused before someone shouts 'overkill')
+ Graphics card length clearance
+ Loads of room for cable management

- Large amount of flex to chassis once optical support bracket removed
- Graphics cards which are 'wide' may not fit, I have an MSI 270x which only just fits with the twin frozr cooler although it was tight.
- Connecting up the hard drives is a serious pain when you want to change them, really would have liked to see a hot swappable feature here
- Apparently a 200mm fan can be installed in the front, you will need to 'bend'!? some metal supports for the optical drive for it to fit. Also theres no way you will fit it with a H100 or other radiator installed.

I did alot of research before purchasing as I wanted a small case and I settled on the 250d due to the balance of size and space.
I initially purchased the EVGA hadron but was disappointed with the amount of noise its PSU makes and sold it on
During my research for both cases I wanted to compare the sizes with other cases and ended up building a bit of a list of cases and their respective sizes which i have included below if its useful to you(Disclaimer: May not be 100% accurate)

Total Size(Cubic litres)
Arc Mini R2 41,164,200
corsair 350D 41,580,000
Fractal R4 56,299,904

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fabulous!, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Corsair Obsidian Series 550D CC-9011015-WW Quiet Mid-Tower Cases (Personal Computers)
This case is simply fabulous!

I've built many PCs in my time, but I've never come across a case anywhere near this good.
I was amazed at the quality of this case when I first got it out of its carton and it hasn't stopped amazing me; the build quality is outstanding.

The fit of all the easily removable (and sound insulated) panels are perfect; the drive caddies are a dream - so easy to use. The magnetic air filters are easy to remove, clean and replace. The two front intake fans and one rear exhaust fan are large and quiet in operation. It comes with a good selection of screws, although I only needed a few of them for the motherboard, cable converters if you need them and cable ties to keep things tidy.

I can't praise this Corsair Obsidian highly enough - the asking price seems incredibly low when you've spent some time viewing and working with this case.

An easy five stars - Five Gold Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars So much space :D, 11 Oct 2013
Case is perfect and spacious gives me the ability to expand my build if i need to :) was definitely what i wanted and cannot fault.

would advice to keep the box hand to keep the side panels in so they dont get damaged ..... scratches show up pretty easy.

this thing is a visual dust magnet.

5.0 out of 5 stars very fine case, 21 Sep 2013
I really like this case. I like the finish it has and I especially like the the tool free hdd bays and the optical drive bays. Bit of a squeeze with the PSU cables but I got them in.
All in all a superb case for those downsizing and wanting a well made case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive case, 7 Mar 2013
A. Cameron - See all my reviews
A very solid and sturdy case that offers space for every component you could wish. It helps keep the noise down with its large fans and it has superb easy access to help make fitting a breeze. The only thing I found odd was that there is a front panel which you need to remove if you want access to any cd/dvd/blurry drive. It would have made more sense to me to have that hinged but its a small point and I just store the panel by the side of the case. Not the cheapest mid tower but certainly one of the best

updated

have now managed to get the front panel on better and it does hinge ok so now absolutely no issues

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and quiet., 8 Jun 2012
I have just built my new pc, and it now lives inside this case.

I ordered it as I wanted a silent pc that still had a lot of cooling options. It is not silent, but that might be down to my sli set up with nvidia's hot and noisy gtx 470s and the stock intel cooler. The fans that come with the case can't be heard over the racket of my graphics cards, and I have stuck my head in the case to listen.

When the case has all its doors and panels done up, it muffles sound really well and the racket becomes quiet enough to be inaudible when my tellybox is on.

I can not hear my HDD drives at all in this case, it seems strange not hearing them clatter, but I like it.

In my last case, a Thermaltake Tsunami, I had one GTX470 and two case fans. The gpu temperature idled at 80 oC, and in my Corsair 550d case with 2 GTX470's, it idles at 70 and is in the hotter position. I am happy with that, I was expecting to have to put fans everywhere to keep my graphics cards cold.

Cable management is easy, behind the mother board panel I had enough space to hide my 2 pci-e power leads, atx leads, fan leads and various sata data/power leads. When I get around to it, I will cable tie all the leads into place as there are metal loops on the back of the mother board panel to secure the leads into place.

The cd drive slides in easily and is secured by a lever arm. Press down on the end of the lever arm and the cd drive is released. The mounting system still has screw holes as well to secure 5.25 inch units into place. I have built a few pc's and am really happy with this mounting system for 5.25 inch bays.

The 3.5 inch drive bays are really easy to use, press on 2 prongs and slide out the HDD holder. Pop in the hard drive and slip the holder back into place. Again, easy to use and secure. The 3.5 inch hdd bays consist of two racks that hold 3 3.5inch drives. I took the top one out and found that the only way to mount my 2.5 inch SSD was to cable tie it to the top of the lower rack. With the top rack out, the highest case fan on the front blows straight into my graphics cards, helping keep them cool.

The build quality is very good, every thing is black and feels well made. The side panels come off with the press of a button, the front door shuts with a nice clunk. The front door also opens both ways.

The fan intakes have a mesh on that is held in place with magnets, making cleaning easy. The mesh on the bottom of the case slides out, a bit to easily as I lifted the case up and the mesh slipped out and the plastic re enforcement broke, leaving a floppy mesh, so be warned. It still slid back in, does the job and was my fault for mishandling it.

If you want a quiet case that is discrete, I don't think you can go wrong with this. I wanted to get the Fractal Design R3, but that would not take a graphics card that is 292mm long, let alone 2, so I spent a little more and got this case, and I am glad I did.