5.0 out of 5 stars Great case
Great case. Loads of space inside the case, more than I saw on the internet. Reality is better.
Published on 26 Mar 2012 by Daniel Corbu

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but outdated
Bit of a newbie to case building, was looking for a case that I can optionally update with a H110 water cooler, and I understand this does it. I've just written my experience.

Power supply - fits in bottom - normal screws and then there's a sort of plate on the bottom that you move across and use thumb screws in place to secure it in - very good.
My ATX...
Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 26 Mar 2012
Love almost everything about it. The only thing I would say it is missing would be more space behind the motherboard/ inside the back panel for stacking the cables. Do not get me wrong, has enough of space for cables, but I would of enjoyed a bit more, 2 more cm would of been great. Else, definitely a great buy.

Would buy again if having to choose.
Good shipping, though a rip in the packaging right in front of the acrylic scared me. But everything was whole in the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars If I could, it would be 4.5 out of 5 - a monster of a case, albeit with a few flaws that detract from the overall quality, 15 Feb 2014
First up, this case is massive and I mean, beastly massive. With the mobo in there and a couple of 780s, the amount of space left with which to work is fantastic and makes building a new rig a much more pleasurable experience.

Lots of room for drives (space for 6 standard and 3 more hot-swap) and space to install another 3 slot cage if required.

There are a few negatives, however, which you ought to be aware of...

1) Screwing gear into the slots isn't all that easy, because the back plates that are removed to allow access for soundcards, GPUs. etc are behind a big lip of metal. Curved screwdriver with magnet is essential here, or you risk some frustration.

2) The HD cages are quite flimsy compared to the competition (in my case, a HAF-X was my prior build case). As such, even when clipped into the cages the drives easily come loose if you're moving things around or tipping the case. I even had a couple of broken latches on the front that I had to fix manually.

3) The bottom of the case, both sides are flaps that drop down to allow access to HD cages and such without having to open the main side panels. However, these only close via two small magnets and when your cabling is all setup and you put the side window panel back on, sometimes the flaps just don't stay shut. I wish Corsair had supplied an alternative latch to the magnets, so for now I have an open ticket with Corsair on what I can do to make sure they stay closed.

So yeah, the best case I've ever owned without a doubt and something I can't see being upgraded anywhere in the future. However, just a few niggles keep it from greatness and you can't help feel they've taken a plastic/cheap route in some areas where, for the price, they really shouldn't have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive case, 7 Mar 2013
A. Cameron - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corsair Obsidian Series 550D CC-9011015-WW Quiet Mid-Tower Cases (Personal Computers)
A very solid and sturdy case that offers space for every component you could wish. It helps keep the noise down with its large fans and it has superb easy access to help make fitting a breeze. The only thing I found odd was that there is a front panel which you need to remove if you want access to any cd/dvd/blurry drive. It would have made more sense to me to have that hinged but its a small point and I just store the panel by the side of the case. Not the cheapest mid tower but certainly one of the best

updated

have now managed to get the front panel on better and it does hinge ok so now absolutely no issues

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality all the way, 19 Feb 2013
This case is a joy to own, it has all the space you could need and is well engineered, i have to say i am proud to have my system in this box, very happy :)

i7 3770k @4.4 GHz
Corsair H80i cooler
16gb Ram
2x GTX 670
5 HHD's

All fit easily and look good inside.. (i have an RGB led light strip as well, just to add some light!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair Obsidian 650D, 20 Feb 2013
This is a great case. Cant really fault it at all. Plenty of space inside. One thing to note is The front USB3 ports on the case have standard USB type A Male connectors so you either run the cables out the back of the case and into the USB ports on the back of your mother board or buy a converter to connect straight onto the header directly onto the mothboard inside. This is simply to cater for some motherboards that do not have the USB3 headers on them for connecting the front case USB3 ports internally.

5.0 out of 5 stars best case in the market, 2 Jan 2013
what fantastic case, build quality is fantastic. if u can afford it or not save for it and get it. sata drive on the top and the fan management is also brilliant. dust covers go straight into the dishwasher ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and quiet., 8 Jun 2012
I have just built my new pc, and it now lives inside this case.

I ordered it as I wanted a silent pc that still had a lot of cooling options. It is not silent, but that might be down to my sli set up with nvidia's hot and noisy gtx 470s and the stock intel cooler. The fans that come with the case can't be heard over the racket of my graphics cards, and I have stuck my head in the case to listen.

When the case has all its doors and panels done up, it muffles sound really well and the racket becomes quiet enough to be inaudible when my tellybox is on.

I can not hear my HDD drives at all in this case, it seems strange not hearing them clatter, but I like it.

In my last case, a Thermaltake Tsunami, I had one GTX470 and two case fans. The gpu temperature idled at 80 oC, and in my Corsair 550d case with 2 GTX470's, it idles at 70 and is in the hotter position. I am happy with that, I was expecting to have to put fans everywhere to keep my graphics cards cold.

Cable management is easy, behind the mother board panel I had enough space to hide my 2 pci-e power leads, atx leads, fan leads and various sata data/power leads. When I get around to it, I will cable tie all the leads into place as there are metal loops on the back of the mother board panel to secure the leads into place.

The cd drive slides in easily and is secured by a lever arm. Press down on the end of the lever arm and the cd drive is released. The mounting system still has screw holes as well to secure 5.25 inch units into place. I have built a few pc's and am really happy with this mounting system for 5.25 inch bays.

The 3.5 inch drive bays are really easy to use, press on 2 prongs and slide out the HDD holder. Pop in the hard drive and slip the holder back into place. Again, easy to use and secure. The 3.5 inch hdd bays consist of two racks that hold 3 3.5inch drives. I took the top one out and found that the only way to mount my 2.5 inch SSD was to cable tie it to the top of the lower rack. With the top rack out, the highest case fan on the front blows straight into my graphics cards, helping keep them cool.

The build quality is very good, every thing is black and feels well made. The side panels come off with the press of a button, the front door shuts with a nice clunk. The front door also opens both ways.

The fan intakes have a mesh on that is held in place with magnets, making cleaning easy. The mesh on the bottom of the case slides out, a bit to easily as I lifted the case up and the mesh slipped out and the plastic re enforcement broke, leaving a floppy mesh, so be warned. It still slid back in, does the job and was my fault for mishandling it.

If you want a quiet case that is discrete, I don't think you can go wrong with this. I wanted to get the Fractal Design R3, but that would not take a graphics card that is 292mm long, let alone 2, so I spent a little more and got this case, and I am glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch!, 18 Nov 2013
Firstly i have to say it came earlier than expected. There was a problem with my order though as it didn't ship with the extra 4 standoffs you should get. If you only using an ATX motherboard this wouldn't really be a problem as this case has already raised motherboard standoffs in the case. A quick email to the sales department and a short time later had a reply saying they would ship me 3 standoffs that i needed should i choose to upgrade my board in the future. This is the first case I've seen that has raised motherboard mounts in the case design, pretty good if I'm honest.

Pros:
Huge room for expanding
Big Case window to see your build
The SSD mounts on the back are a nice feature
Removable Drive cages

Cons:
Bottom filter doesn't go all the way along the bottom (so if you plan on adding fans be careful)
If you plan on adding an optical drive it pretty much ruins the aesthetics

Build to be completed by December 20th:
Intel i7 4770k
Asus Maximus VI C2 Hero
16GB Corsair Vengenace Pro (RED)
H100i Cooler with Corsair SP120 fans Running Push/Pull
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD
Western Digital Green 2tb
Corsair 860i 80 plus Platinum
Corsair Obsidian series 750D
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked Edition (Buy from overclockers UK, At the moment you get the Nvidia holiday pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant design, high build quality, 29 Aug 2013
J. Silver "The Occasional Jon" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
Fabulous case for a neat & tidy, fast, cool, quiet build. Beautifully designed & made. Well worth the money if you're building a proper workhorse PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty in a beast size "micro" case., 3 Mar 2014
T. Lee "renderz" (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Ok, my title is a bit confusing, but honestly the 350D is bigger than I envisaged. This is for my spare gaming rig so the PC already existed in a Silverstone SG09 case which is compact but very tight inside (but a great case). However I wanted something a bit more elegant, with a window and better cooler and the 350D fit the bill.

The swap from SG09 to 350D was easy! I only needed the screwdriver to fix the mobo inside, everything else is tool-less. Cable management is a breeze; my PSU is not modular but has enough cables for a SLI configuration, but I was able to tuck all the cabling behind without any issues. There are plenty of holes for cable ties; quite frankly in all my 20 years of building systems, this was the easiest build I've ever done! The build was so enjoyable I was sad when it was all over!!

Because this is my spare rig for LAN and other things, I don't plan on upgrading the bits inside (AMD 6300, GTX 570) but I might put more drives inside which is where the 350D is limited. There are only two slots for 3.5" drives, however I may buy a 3 bay caddie to go on the 5.25" slots which may ruin the aesthetics, but I'll have a beast of a NAS PC :-)

Buy this case, it's beautiful, fun to build and a real head turner! Even my cat loves it ;-)