5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful
I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this bag. Despite the other positive reviews, I was sceptical that something so reasonably priced would be as good, but it's strong, had a great capacity, and if I can work out how to fold it all back into itself, will store away nicely for the next time I need it!
Published 23 months ago by S. Reynolds

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor
Very poor quality backpack. Used this once as hand luggage, so it wasn't out of my hands, and it didn't even make a round trip without all the seams splitting. Cheap price in this case equals cheap product. Very disappointed.
Published 9 months ago by J. A. Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 19 Feb. 2013
S. Reynolds (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aerolite Lightweight Extra Large Black Fold Away Holdall / Cabin Approved Flight Bag Backpack Bag (Shoes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value pack away bag, 29 Jan. 2013
This bag is excellent value for packing away in your hand luggage to take away for shopping abroad and using when needed, as it weighs so little. The straps go right down to the bottom of the bag, so it should be able to take some weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great holdallyy, 23 Nov. 2012
Have packed the holdall and it looks great. I think it will serve me well. Very pleased with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly into Ryanair Hand Luggage rack, 26 July 2013
bristoljob96 (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
Used it last week for Ryanair - no problems
Folds into pouch easily aswell

no damages yet, hopefully 2 yea guarantee will cover any future problems.....

5.0 out of 5 stars 21 inch Folding Holdall Bag, 16 July 2013
absolutely cavernous! Perfect for airline hand baggage as intended and external dimensions are within airline specifications. Quick delivery and value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and lightwweight, 7 Oct. 2013
you really can carry 9.5kg of clothes in this as it weighs less than 0.5kg. used on ryanair as hand luggage and went through fine. looks flimsy when it arrived but it has come to turkey and sicily with me both times weighing 10kg without any problems what so ever. great buy would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent bag to serve as a bag-within-a-bag, 23 Aug. 2014
I like to travel light, and in particular, I travel for 2-4 weeks with only a single wheel-less carry-on (a Tom Bihn Aeronaut). Part of the problem with traveling so light is that I need a separate laptop bag that can be used upon arrival. The options are limited, because whatever bag it is needs to fit within the larger carry-on. Most dedicated messenger bags are too bulky, and so I decided to try the Aerolite 21" bag. It ended up being perfect for the job.

[Size]: First of all, the bag is large. Very large. At 55cm in width, this bag might be too large if you're looking for an every-day carry and if you're small in stature. I'm 5'8 and quite bulky in build, and the bag is *slightly* too large. If you're smaller, and e.g. female, I'd say you'll find it too large as something to take around town or into work.

That being said, because the bag is unstructured (basically fabric all around), the bag will typically fold in a way that makes it seem much smaller than it actually is. For instance, I put a 15" Macbook Pro into the bag, and it will "shrink" about 2 inches on each side when it's carried. If you carry the bag with the strap crossed on your chest, it will fold up even more, as the bag wraps around your body. This ends up being a great feature, because even though the bag is large, it handles small loads quite well.

[Construction] Great, solid stitching. As others have remarked, the sticking for the handles is very solid, and is wrapped down the body of the bag. I've seen much shoddier stitching on more expensive bags, and I'm willing to wager that the handles will be very sturdy even to very heavy loads. The bottom of the bag also seems solidly stitched. I carried a Macbook Pro 15" (about 5lbs), some books, and a coat (total load 10lbs?) with no issues. The nylon material seems solid---not flimsy, and with a nice texture to it.

[Features] The bag folds up nicely into about the size of large novel. It's too bulky to put into trouser pockets, but you could fit it into a purse. The bag fits into my Aeronaut bag nicely, and bringing it along for every trip is definitely worth it, given the potential expansion of a secondary bag. There are two pockets on the front of the bag, and a smaller interior pouch. The pockets at the front are very helpful because opening the main compartment of the bag is not that easy when in motion [see below on zippers]. The interior pounce (for coins or cards) is a little bit thin and cheap-feeling, but it is a very minor issue. I prefer the thinness to bulkiness.

[Zipper and strap] This is where the bag goes from 5/5 to 4/5. The zippers are unfortunately cheap. If I had to guess the first point of failure, it would be the zippers. It is not so much a problem with the side pocket zippers, but rather the main compartment zippers. They're the typical zippers you'd find on a cheap dollar-store pencil case---so cheap I'm a little afraid of unzipping the bag while in motion. Similarly, the strap is flimsy, but this is less of an issue for me as I just use my Tom Bihn strap. I would recommend that you use a quality strap anyways (a good investment as you can typically use them for multiple items).

In the end, I highly recommend this bag if you're looking for a bag-within-a-bag during your travels. If you style of travel is light, there's really no reason *not* to use his bag. It can be used both as an every-day bag (if you don't mind the size) and as an emergency bag in case you need a secondary. Some reviewers have noted that his can be used as a cheap bag for budget flights like Ryanair. I would also recommend it for this use, but I would recommend that you purchase a quality strap. For comparison, I use the Tom Bihn Absolute Strap, but there are other alternatives.

[Final Remarks] The bag receives a 4/5, with the loss of a point for its zipper and strap. It's hard to be harsh, given that you're not likely to find a cheaper bag, which is so versatile and well constructed. I would have preferred to pay a few extra £s for a better zipper, but at this price point, you won't feel guilty replacing this bag if the zipper fails in a year or two.

[Further note] My biggest complaint is the silly picture of the bag that was printed on the front pouch. Note that the version I received from Amazon has the cartoonized picture of the bag underneath the Aerolite logo. Was it really necessary for the company to do this? In any case, I turn the bag so that the logo faces inwards, so I wouldn't say it's a big problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars lightweight fold away holdall, 20 April 2013
very good quality holdall, strong and well made, folds to a very compact size, excellent price at £12.98. Happy to recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Product, 1 July 2013
Good quality, value for money and very lightweight.
Folds away neatly. Ideal for bringing back your unexpected overseas purchases.
I would reconmmend this holdall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Nov. 2012
Mr. Roger C. Robinson (Redruth,Cornwall.UK) - See all my reviews
This holdall is very light when empty but there is loads of room. It is easy to carry & has vert sturdy handles both short & long. I would recommend this bag to anyone.