5.0 out of 5 stars After this you feel the spirit is with you..., 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: Kindred Spirits (Audio CD)
Well I have been a fan of Zoe Rahman since she first started playing in Courtney Pine's band, and let's hope she stays in that outfit for many years to come...!!!

I would have to say that when I first saw her playing with Courtney, he was doing his best to get the best out of her and was pushing her to the limits of her playing. At times she looked in awe of Courtney, but I would suggest that with this new album under her belt, that Courtney might be in awe of her...

The album takes you on a musical journey into the land that she was born, it's a great melting pot of melodies, and worth the journey with her and the band.

I cannot wait to see her play on Courtney's next album and tour, he has for my money got one of the best Jazz pianist in the World playing for him, and she as a solo artist has a great future ahead.

It can only get better from this album on...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant original pinao playing, 19 May 2013
H. B. Closs (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kindred Spirits (MP3 Download)
I had the privilege of stumbling across a live performance of Zoe Rahman and immediately completed my experience by downloading her latest recording which contains much of what I heard. She is technically brilliant and bursting with musical ideas, not only from the jazz tradition, but from Bengali and Irish influences in her family. I shall doubtless build a collection of Zoe Rahman's recordings, and I can't wait to see her live again.

Kindred Spirits
Kindred Spirits by Zoe Rahman (Audio CD - 2012)