• DNA

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 January 2013
Even though I am German, I watched the British X-Factor and was pleasently surprised when "Little Mix" won. "Cannonball" was great, but would the entire album be as good as their first song? The answer is: YES!

Here is my opinion on the individual tracks:

1. Wings: What a song! Great voices, great lyrics, great rhythm...just great :o) 10/10

2. DNA: I love this song, the lyrics, the music and the "chorale singing". 10/10

3. Change your life: At first it reminded me a bit of Never ever" from All Saints. Pop song, easy-going, very melodic, confidence booster. 7/10

4. Always be together: The first ballad on this album. Nice, but not my favorit. 5/10

5. Stereo soldier: Dance track with Latin elements 6/10

6. Pretend it's ok: Rather quiet, but very melodic and I fell in love with this song immediately. 10/10

7. Turn your face: Beautiful ballad, great voices, the more I listen to it, the better it gets. 10/10

8. We are who we are: Another confidence booster. 06/10

9. How ya doin'?: Uses a sample of Curiosity Killed the Cat's Name and number". 07/10

10. Red planet feat. T-Boz: This song is sooo cool. The more I listen to it, the better it gets. Kind of oriental. 10/10

11. Going nowhere: A bit of Flamenco. Song about a woman who is not happy with her boyfriend. Pop meets rap. 07/10

12. Madhouse: Crazy song, makes you feel like a patient in a madhouse. 08/10

13. Love drunk: Fast song. A bit of rap, a bit of pop. Gets better and better. 08/10

14. Make you believe: My least favorite song on this album. 04/10

15. Case closed: Beautiful ballad. 07/10

16. DNA: Unplugged Version. I love their voices, but prefer the fast version. 09/10

Although not all songs have received 8 or more points from me, I am absolutely thrilled by the diversity of Little Mix and am very much looking forward to future CDs.
on 29 November 2012
Loved Little Mix on X Factor 2011, and was really pleased they won. Wasn't sure how good they could be after leaving X Factor but I am really loving their music, love their singles Wings and DNA, dance to Wings at my Zumba Class, fantastic track. I am 36 so thought it wasn't cool for me to buy the album but hell I dont care. A really good girl group who can actually sing. All of the tracks are really good and are growing on me, bought the album today. A really good album full of feel good tracks and some tracks to get you dancing and some tracks for when you just want to sit there on your couch and listen. Well Done Little Mix for a fantastic first album, bring on the next one!
on 19 November 2012
Well written songs. The songs are all co-written by the girls. So many songs.

Love Wings and DNA they are catchy dance tunes. I think my fave is 'Change your Life' as seen on Children in Need.

Amazing album.
on 19 November 2012
Let me be totally honest, this is the first album by an X Factor winner I actually bother purchasing, and I am glad I did. Last year Little Mix were a breath of fresh air for X Factor and their album will make everyone who picked up their phone to vote for them proud that they did. The best tracks in the album are the upbeat ones (Madhouse, Stereo Soldier, Wings), however, the great thing about this album is how diverse it is, from songs with a lot of drums to a song so simple as Going Nowhere, which is very stripped back and has the girl's voices and a lot of guitars in it, and powerful ballads like Change Your Life and Turn Your Face. It's a very fun album and a pleasure to listen to. The only track I dislike is Love Drunk and it's a bonus track, so I understand why it wasn't included in the regular version of the album. The other two bonus tracks (Case Closed and Make You Believe) are really good, and Make You Believe will remind everyone of that amazing Set It Off performance the girls put on the show. I loved it.
on 3 January 2013
I have been wanting this album since I saw the girls on The X Factor. Even though the album is not available in the US yet, I couldn't wait. I bought the UK version and am so glad that it works in my US player. I absolutely love this album. The songs are amazing and the girls sound great. Little Mix is here to stay!
on 5 February 2013
I loved Little Mix's first single Wings and their second single DNA was even better so the day DNA came out I went to the shops and bought it, it was £10 well spent. The album contains a mixture of songs for people of all ages and the vocals are incredible, especially from Perrie. I don't think there is a song that I really hate or I will skip or is a filler for the rest of the album. If you don't own this album then you need to go and buy it.
WIngs 10/10
Red Planet 8.5/10
Going Nowhere 9/10
Madhouse 10/10
on 10 December 2012
DNA was the song that caught my eye to pay attention to Little Mix. These girls's voices are pretty ALOUD. They can sing amazingly. "Change Your Life" "Always Be Together" "Pretend It's Ok" "Red Planet" are only a few of the songs that bring their voices into prominence. An incredible debut! 5 Stars!
on 14 December 2012
Amazing album! Great songs that are well written and performed. Some songs are feel good and some are dance but they are all fantastic. It is definitely worth buying and I would recommend it to everyone and anyone and fantastic value for money as well!
on 19 November 2012
When Little Mix were on the X Factor you could tell they had amazing potential. As individuals they didn't shine so much but as a group they shone like paradise.I was wondering if they could step up the potential even more but when I listened to the album I realised they'd stepped it up by 2 steps! This album includes amazing songs for a debut album.They have powerful vocals with great range and the album goes from ballads to a 2012 pop sound.There hasn't been such a strong female band like this since Girls Aloud.The style of DNA is unique and shows tight harmonies and this contrasts with the ballad Change Your Life as seen on Children in Need.The last track Mad House closes the album with a great pop sound.Last but not least, Red Plant featuring t-boz gives a boost to the album.
Buy this to discover the album of 2012!
on 7 January 2013
This CD shows who the girls are. Every song belongs on the CD, but each song makes it its own. They are very similar to girls aloud with a little more rock in there music. There singles are their most stand out songs on the album Stereo soldier and madhouse are there other 2 stand out tracks that are not singles at least yet. There girls can sing. If you like the Saturdays and Girls aloud you are sure to like this album.