4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Very very easy boook to read and it really captivated me....... Being a Christian also really helped because I could relate to quite a lot in the book.
Published 19 months ago by phyllis

1.0 out of 5 stars Just no.
I read a few chapters and put it down and I have an OCD about finishing books even if I don't like them. I don't mind some Christian or Religious input in books, but I felt like I was reading an odd take on the bible.
Published 15 months ago by Fleur

1.0 out of 5 stars Just no., 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Realm: Box Set - Parts 1 to 5 (Realm of Angels Series, Book One) (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 Aug. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars just a fair read, 10 Mar. 2014
here we go maybe i have had a lot of reading of late but put this book fair for me some may like it you can not win em all

1.0 out of 5 stars Unengaging, 11 Dec. 2013
J. Oram (UK) - See all my reviews
I only got a few pages into this book before giving up. It's badly edited and uninspiring. The characters are forgettable and their dialogue is... well, bad, to put it politely. It also spells out for me exactly what I'm supposed to be feeling and expecting to happen next, which is just bad writing. If you want me to feel these things, make me feel them, don't just tell me to do it.

This is the wonder of free books on Kindle; if you get fed up in the first few pages, you lose nothing by deleting the file.

1.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected, 17 Nov. 2013
READ THE SYNOPSIS OF THIS BOOK & THOUGHT IT WAS RIGHT UP MY STREET , IT WASNT , THE STORY LACKED IMAGINATION , COULD EMPATHIZE OR SYMPATHISE WITH ANY OF THE TOTALLY BLAND CHARACTERS , THE STORY WAS PREDICTABLE & NOT ENJOYABLE , STUCK IT OUT TIL THE END BUT WONDERED WHY ID BOTHERED AFTERWARDS

1.0 out of 5 stars Only read the first chapter, 4 Oct. 2013
I must admit I did not continue with the book so it may get better. I found myself re-reading paragraphs as I had not followed what was being written. Repetative phrases did not make it an easy read.

3.0 out of 5 stars A part story of angels- fallen or otherwise, 3 Sept. 2013
Initially I thought that this was going to be quite a lot of a story but it is about five chapters worth. The writing is idiosyncratic but readable and the content being about angels and their conflict with fallen angels (vampires) doesn't really appeal that much. The overtly Christian message is a bit strong but then I'm not from bible belt America. There isn't really enough in the section of story to really have any idea where the story is going but the pace is fast and the dialogue works. The characterisation doesn't really work for me so far but that might be because there hasn't been enough for me to really get a proper clue.

Not something I feel the need to buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 12 Aug. 2013
This is a cracking story, but that's about all I have to say that is positive. I almost gave up after a few pages because the writing style is quite the strangest thing I have ever read.

At first I thought it was written by a child or for a child, but clearly Conrad Powell is no child and aspects of the story are certainly not appropriate for children. Another thought I had was that this is just the skeleton of a book - the notes that the author is yet to flesh out; but the footnotes at the end seem to suggest that this is indeed a finished book. Every now and again there are descriptive passages that are pretty good, so it is not that the author is incapable of writing well, even profoundly. And then there are the minutiae chapter references, almost as if this is some technical manual, perhaps like a bible; it's quite off-putting and unnecessary. My final thought is that perhaps the author has attempted to be profound; except that, mostly, it isn't. In summary, I just don't get it.

I probably won't read the rest of the series, nor indeed anything else from this author. A shame, because it is a great story, and could have been a great novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angels and Demons galore, 7 July 2013
Absolutely brilliant - read all three books within a week, just couldn't put it down. I wold recommend it to anyone