4.1 out of 5 stars1,606
Size: 3TB|Style Name: OEM|Change

on 5 October 2013
A quiet fast drive that I was able to use to smoothly replace a failed drive. No sign of any problems and one month in is doing exactly what it promised
on 28 February 2014
The product itself was okay but it was improperly packaged literally a harddrive in a cardboard box, this was no doubt bashed around enroute to me. I installed it but 1month after the product began to malfunction, Developing a Click of death that made booting ultimately impossible from the drive.
on 3 February 2013
I needed a hard drive to replace a very sick and noisy one in my home desktop. I took a chance with this 1TB Seagate Barracuda and having used it for only three weeks I am very impressed, very quiet quick but not lightning fast and registering 5.9 on the windows performance test. My system is an i7 Intel set up with 2gig graphics card and 16gig of ram and so far I'm very happy with this hard drive. I will give it another couple of months and if all's well I will definitely buy another and for £54 you can't go wrong.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 December 2015
Received a faulty drive which the computer would not see, even after swapping SATA ports and cables. Managed, after spending TWO full days on it to be seen as a drive by the computer, but unable to do anything with it, because not even the Seagate software would manage to work with it.
I have never met such a stubborn hard drive in my life, and I work with computers!
Amazon were really helpful and I will get a full replacement for the item when I send it back...fingers crossed I will get a ''Thai'' model.
on 15 November 2013
i have tons of videos and no where to store until i found this. 3TB for just over £100 about half a year ago was good price. Still working nicely.
on 21 April 2013
I think it's working good! It make some strange noise for time to time! Am i not sure if this is a problem, after all it's working very very fast!
on 8 November 2013
It seems to be luck of the draw as to whether or not the drive is perfectly functional on arrival, mine luckily has been. The drive is much quieter than my previous one, still has no errors, and has plenty more space than I will realistically use. Seagate also provide software named Disc Wizard which is great for cloning entire drives. It's worth mentioning that the drive comes packed fairly poorly considering it is a delicate item, paper scrunched up doesn't seem appropriate. Cheap and great performance so far.
on 5 May 2013
This HDD for me is a must, why? firstly because when i search for an HDD i want to have space, i buy HDDs for space not because it boots my OS in 2 seconds, it has the added bonus of being a 7200rpm which is faster than the 5400, but the speed is not my main concern here, storage is.
Secondly it is not too expensive for the amount of space it has, i mean 2TB is something, and for the price is well worth it, if you need to store large chunks of data, this should be a valid option for you, i recommend it
on 4 June 2014
The drive was purchased to create an external drive which I have not yet made as I am still awaiting the enclosure to arrive, but having purchased previously Segate drives and I have never ever had any problem with them.
I would recommend Segate drives as a replacement.
I have now received the enclosure and fitted the drive into it and it works great and I am now able to store my music collection on this drive instead of my computer. with the drive now finished I have upgraded to a 5 star rating.
on 30 August 2013
I bought the Seagate because it was on special and I saw reviews that were quite positive.. This was about half the price and nearly the same price as 1TB WD drive so I had to buy this as it was just a no brainer deal.. Very easy to install just like any other internal hard drive.. Didn't take too long to setup on windows 7 and straight away started transferring files over.. its pretty quick and loads of storage space!

I would recommend to anyone looking for a good hard drive at a bargain price!