2.0 out of 5 stars Not as described!!!, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Electra Cruiser Custom 1 Men's Urban Bike (Sports)
Described on Amazon as a three speed bike, we were very dissapointed to find no gears. I called Amazon to ask why it wasn't as described. We will send a replacement, they said. Can it be checked first? I asked. Oh yes of course came the reply. Of course it turned up unchecked and without gears :(
Lovely bikes but without the three speed, not much of a ride unless you are only going to use it on totally flat ground. Spend the extra and have a geared bike, it's worth it if you want to use it regularly.
Dr

1.0 out of 5 stars Would be able to do a proper review... If advertised properly!!!, 3 April 2013
Ordered this specific bike as it was advertised as having assembly instructions however this is NOT true. If you want to fork out more money getting this bike put together by a man who is guessing, I would suggest this. However was bought as a father-son project and left as a pile of bike parts in the garage. Leaflet received was USER INSTRUCTIONS - what to do when you have the bike FULLY ASSEMBLED. May demand refund in the future (if I can't figure out where to start in the next couple of hours). Complete false advertising.

2.0 out of 5 stars great frame covered in rubbish parts, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Electra Cruiser Custom 1 Men's Urban Bike (Sports)
The bike comes with no instructions. The front wheel, handlebars, mud guards and seat, front brake lever are all removed.

Front wheel - not an issue, make sure the square stickers writing is the same way as the back and tighten up the wheel nuts.
Seat - again not a huge issue, take the seat post out, tighten the seat onto the post with 2 spanners and put back in the seat post and tighten up.
Front Mud guards and brake - If you put the front mud guard on then you will untighten the brake and it might never want to work again. I will be really honest I am expecting to take it into a shop for a 40 service to get that fixed.
Bottom Bracket - this is loose, not having the tools to fix it another 20-40 at the bike shop to get it adjusted.
Chain Guard - expect to loose the nuts off it. This is the end of my 1st week with the bike and having done maybe 70 miles I have tightened that nut up about 10 times and finally lost it last night.
Rear mud guards - they aren't held on, that end bit is a black plastic cover.
Seat clamp pannier holes - one isn't drilled correctly so won't take a screw - fail.

Once you get it together and working it could be amazing. I'm just rather annoyed that doing that will cost me 1/4 of the price I payed for the bike again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware only single speed - not as advertised, 15 Jun 2013
After partially constructing the bike we realised it did not have gears. (We also bought the ladies bike which was supposed to be a 3 speed!) Contacted amazon. Many emails later (although I don't think they believed me) they gave us the option of a refund or discount. We took the discount and kept the bike- which is a lovely bike if you have strong legs for hills. I would have preferred the 3-speed, but it was quite a bit more expensive. We have had the bikes for a few months now and are happy with them. We got a result in the end, but not happy with length of time and effort amazon took to resolve it. As well as not remedying the situation by supplying the product as described they did not change the product description and are still mis-selling this. Any high street shop would have had a visit from trading standards by now! Don't forget that online shopping relies on trust (perhaps they are big enough not to care and getting it mostly right is good enough for their balance sheet)

ARRAY(0xa6b2dcc0)