on 22 August 2007
ONCE AGAIN THE CHIEFTAINS HAVE PROVED HOW VERASTILE THEY REALLY ARE. WHEN I BOUGHT THIS DVD I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT THE FIRST FEW TRACKS WERE OK FROM THEN ON IN IT WAS EXTRAORDINARILY BRILLIANT THE PERFORMERS MUSICIANS DANCERS ENDING IN AN MASSIVE SESSION AT THE END THE WAY ONLY THE CHIEFTAINS CAN DO IT. WITH STARS LIKE EMMYLOU HARRIS BUDDY AND JUDY MILLER RICKY SKAGGS JOHN WAITE DEFINITELT 10 OUT OF 10
on 25 July 2011
An enjoyable fusion of Irish/hillbilly/bluegrass music that traces it all back to its roots in the old country. If you like bluegrass, then this album will be for you.
on 23 May 2010
I found this album on YouTube while searching for the music/words for something different and while I have liked folk music for years I had never come across this particular group before. As I am also a big fan of Pipe music I stopped and listened to as much of these as I could find. :)

Whatever the comments from 'real' Irish music fans (especially those on YouTube) about how this group cheapens the whole 'Irish' music genre. I have to say the blend here is wonderful, easy to listen to (with the exception of one track*) and most of all enlightening. Well for me as I hadn't really heard anything like this before...

Oh and I plan on getting the Further Down the Old Plank Road as soon as I have some spare cash... :)

*Dark as a Dungeon - Which I loathe with a passion in all the versions I have heard so far... (Not to detract from the rest of the album)...
on 15 March 2012
If you like a mix of the country and the Celtic then this is for you. What more can you say about the superb performances from the Chieftains that hasn't already been said before? Another masterclass from these timeless musicians.
on 19 July 2013
This is a great mix of music style from both sides of the pond with good old boys in the Irish and Nashville tradition. Great fun and frolicking music with a touch of the Celtic black as well.
on 8 August 2012
I have the DVD version of this, on which my favourite track is Emmylou Harris with "Lambs on the Green Hills" which is not apparently on the CD!
on 14 July 2013
Like an early version of the Transatlantic Sessions.

So full of joy and pleasure in making music. Glad I came across this.
on 17 February 2013
very good, only to be expected from the chieftains, in the long run i prefer their early music.but things change and this is very good
on 1 August 2014
Some great tracks on this but not all for me but still a good CD to have in the collection.
on 31 December 2015
All That I have purchased has been excellent !